• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Anyone ever taken their pet’s meds?

My old dying cat was prescribed a tiny fentanyl patch and given a few days to live. It was given to make sure he was not in pain in his last days. He had several painful conditions and lived with pain his whole life.... But the fent was basically his... way to go.

I stole that patch and tried to get high.... It was only 12.5ug(?) if I remember. Knew it wouldn't do much but robbed it anyways.

Took it. Didn't feel anything. Then I realized what I had really done.

My cat died a few days later. Obviously in pain. A lot of pain. He was old and had been thru a lot. He died in my arms with my tears hitting his face.

I will never forgive myself for that. I've done tons of other "worse" things to my own family over the years.... But doing that to my cat haunts me in ways stealing and abusing my family and friends will never match. It truly haunts me.....

Oh and my sisters cat was prescribed gabapentin for moving anxiety... Noticed that but will never steal from a cat ever again. Never.

The problem here is a 30 day animal supply is maybe. 1-2 human doses.

Last edited:
I took tramadol intended for one of my dogs once. That was the proudest moment of my life. I didn't even get high because it was fucking tramadol.

My cats got prescribed valium many years back, for the purpose of sedating them while we made a 15 hour long trip moving across the country by car (they hate the car). I used it for them, but there was extra so eventually I took it, got high once. I didn't feel bad about it because they didn't need it except for that one time. The other option was to throw it away... no reason that would be better for anyone.

On the other hand, I had surgery for one of my cats much later, for a chain mastectomy to remove cancer. She got prescribed buprenorphine for the pain, and I was addicted to opiates and trying to quit. I can't say it didn't briefly invade my mind, the thought of taking it to feel good for a day or two, but no way was I going to let my girl be in pain for such a selfish reason.

okay, to be honest, I do.... but only because I am smart & know what to say to the vet.

my 100lb , 16 year old PIT is currently prescribed 300mg gabapentin & 120 hydrocodone 5mg a month.

of course, being the addict I am - I inflate the amount of pills I claim she takes & needs to feel relief or see results.

which results in the vet upping the amount :)

we started with 2 week supplies, then month supplies.

I pick up her meds tomorrow morning.
out of the 60 gabapentin she takes about 15 a month.

out of the 120 hydrocodone, she takes about 20-30 a month. 🤪

why is she prescribed this? severe old dog bronchitis, collapsing trachea & possible tumor on heart.

guess I have a cool vet