• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Anyone ever taken their pet’s meds?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
So my dog is anxious and the vet casually ran through a bunch of possible pharmaceuticals - including some benzos.

Made me wonder if anyone goes vet shoping with their pet instead of doctor shopping.

Seems vets a bit more liberal with the scripts!

They'll give the dog tramadol faster than they'll give it to humans. Lol fucked up.

My cat got xanax 2 years ago and only needed a couple so Ive got em sitting around now, probably took a few cant remember

Was for a urinary issue which basically cleared itself up with a change to urinary cat food, you shoulda seen this boy on a half of a .25mg xanax though, kinda like a slinky if you went to pick him up

So my dog is anxious and the vet casually ran through a bunch of possible pharmaceuticals - including some benzos.

Made me wonder if anyone goes vet shoping with their pet instead of doctor shopping.

Seems vets a bit more liberal with the scripts!
wassup with doggo? cos you moved recently mebbe?

horrible thinking of animals being anxious, tons of cuddles required and perhaps you could get him/her into a bit of meditation

Only a real piece of shit would take their pets meds, let alone someone actually seeking out a vet to scam for this purpose.

What about if you had a really smart pet and you trained it to fake anxiety when it went to the vet. It would probably love it. Think it was a game.

Also given the annals of human behaviour revealed on this site - I think you should save your big judgement guns for other evils. This one pretty minor really in comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:
wassup with doggo? cos you moved recently mebbe?

horrible thinking of animals being anxious, tons of cuddles required and perhaps you could get him/her into a bit of meditation

The dog has been staying with my family while I get my new place sorted. The landlord still has not signed the document allowing pets. I go see her a few times a week. But I guess she’s thinking I’ve abandoned her. Plus my relatives she’s staying with are all highly anxious people and I think anxiety can be contagious between people and animals. I would not give her drugs of any kind but the experience made me wonder if other fiends had noticed this back door to drug supply.

I would if it was a horse lol!

Does kava count? Illegal for human consumption in UK bit imported for pet use.

^^^ yeah she missing you and picking up on the anxious vibes, awww:cry:
f she was here she’d be picking up on my strung out insomniac stim craving vibes - which would probably be worse for her. But then again if she was here I might not be feeling them.

sounds to me like you guys need each other
Yeah. We do. But the situation is complicated because she was originally my very elderly relatives dog. They bought her as a puppy but immediately could not handle her. Cause I lived next door I started walking her a few times a day and then took her to classes. Within a few months she was sleeping in my place - eventually in my bed. But my relatives continued to see her as their dog (they did pay all the bills) even tough they only spent a couple of hours a day with her when I was busy or sick with comedown stuff.

So though she is mine in the sense of the emotional bond (and I think that’s how she sees it) the relatives are currently only prepared to cede partial ownership.

That’s just as bad. I have no problem with addicts doing morally questionable things, but when it comes to using animals to score dope, that’s where I draw the line. Junkies have already ruined peoples access to drugs like painkillers and benzos with this doctor shopping. It would be a whole different thing for these peoples actions to jeopardize pets health and well-being by vets being restrictive and limiting with medications because they fear their owners abuse their pets pills. That shit pisses me off to no end and makes me want to harm people like that for fun.
It's not junkies that have ruined people's access to medicine. It's an overbearing government that treats it's citizens like children.

That’s just as bad. I have no problem with addicts doing morally questionable things, but when it comes to using animals to score dope, that’s where I draw the line. Junkies have already ruined peoples access to drugs like painkillers and benzos with this doctor shopping. It would be a whole different thing for these peoples actions to jeopardize pets health and well-being by vets being restrictive and limiting with medications because they fear their owners abuse their pets pills. That shit pisses me off to no end and makes me want to harm people like that for fun.
Yeah. Actually I can see your point. I always forget how degenerate junkies and people with benzo dependencies are.

Vet Gave my Bernese mountain dog(he weighted 115 pounds) 50 mg tramadol when he pulled a muscle . I wasn’t into pills at the time so didn’t realize I could use them till later .Pleasantly surprised had a whole bottle left after he passed .

I believe some people use fish antibiotics sometimes since they are readily available and don't require a doctor or vet visit to obtain. I don't know how safe or effective this is though.

never taken my pet's drugs, but my cat ate a capsule of my JWH-018.

My dog gobbled up three 00 caps of Kratom a couple years ago, so probably about 1.5g as I usually filled them around 500mg each. I dropped them on the floor accidentally and he was on top of them lickety split. Tried to get him to open his mouth but he get very defensive and angry. Wouldn't have mattered anyways as he probably had swallowed them immediately.

He was fine fortunately. Just seemed to be extra perky most of the day and then slept a lot that night and through the next day.

I had a roommate who's dog jumped up on the table and ate a good sized bowl of pot brownie mix she was preparing. It was probably a lot of thc, poor dog was practically comatose for over a day with bloodshot eyes. Barely moved from his bed the entire time. Fortunately he made it out the other end mostly ok but he never ate anything from the table again.

I would if it was a horse lol!

Does kava count? Illegal for human consumption in UK bit imported for pet use.

I should get a 🐎 then be like "ketamine please"

Ive thought about trying to get some tramadol from the vet using my dog. I would only do this, of course, if the dog didn't actually need it. I would never steal from my pet or any friends or family (though I've been close to doing so in withdrawals a few times fortunately I stopped myself). I absolutely love tramadol, haven't had any in like 15 years and wouldn't mind a few occasionally for old times sake.

I believe some people use fish antibiotics sometimes since they are readily available and don't require a doctor or vet visit to obtain. I don't know how safe or effective this is though.

My dog gobbled up three 00 caps of Kratom a couple years ago, so probably about 1.5g as I usually filled them around 500mg each. I dropped them on the floor accidentally and he was on top of them lickety split. Tried to get him to open his mouth but he get very defensive and angry. Wouldn't have mattered anyways as he probably had swallowed them immediately.

He was fine fortunately. Just seemed to be extra perky most of the day and then slept a lot that night and through the next day.

I had a roommate who's dog jumped up on the table and ate a good sized bowl of pot brownie mix she was preparing. It was probably a lot of thc, poor dog was practically comatose for over a day with bloodshot eyes. Barely moved from his bed the entire time. Fortunately he made it out the other end mostly ok but he never ate anything from the table again.

I should get a 🐎 then be like "ketamine please"

Ive thought about trying to get some tramadol from the vet using my dog. I would only do this, of course, if the dog didn't actually need it. I would never steal from my pet or any friends or family (though I've been close to doing so in withdrawals a few times fortunately I stopped myself). I absolutely love tramadol, haven't had any in like 15 years and wouldn't mind a few occasionally for old times sake.
Well, my uncle and aunty are horsey country folk. Since my teens I was aware Uncle John had ketamine in his possession.

And that "Vet Ket", which I only ever took one time myself, is another league to pharma ket. Which you would find in in ambulance, an illegal rave, an anaesthetist's table, or an underground or experimental mental heslth therapy setting.

But only the horse and vet gets you to the Vet ket since 2003.

Well, I took gabapentin and that is given to pets.
But ONLY 50 mg's !! o_O

I would never take my pet's medicine if he needed it - and neither should you!

All the cats I know haven't gotten anything else than meloxicam for post-operative (sterilization) pain. I hear tramadol is sometimes used, though.

Dogs might get phenobarbital for epilepsy, but that's one of the less interesting barbiturates.