• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Anyone ever participate in paid clinical studies?

curiosity

Bluelighter
So I was looking into it and considering the amount of time you actually have to spend at the facility it pays quite well, so I was wondering if anyone here has ever participated in one of these, how was your experience?Worth the money? dreadfully boring?fun? in between? What was both pleasant and unpleasant about the experience? Any other details you think I may be interested in knowing would be greatly appreciated as well. :)

It would largely depend on the study... check out the drug study forums to get an idea.

The site I was using for nearby studies did not offer much on what the actual studies were, just the requirements and pay, i've looked in the drug study forum and didn't really find anything about what peoples experiences were, more just studies being offered, i'm looking more for a participants opinion.

And a persons opinion/experience would depend on the study: hours; pay; tests. It can be anything from journaling, doing tests in laboratory, surveys, getting brain scans, blood drawn, playing video games, etc. Sometimes they do studies at the police academy which I heard are pretty fun. Half of the participants get alcohol drinks and the other half don't. Then the new officers have to find the dunk participants and test them. I heard that's pretty fun but usually it's not good money because there isn't a lot of money for research in general.

fair enough, well it'd still be nice to here about all different types of studies and peoples opinions on them, the ones i'm referring to are clinical so I probably won't be getting drunk :p but the ones i've been looking at seem to pay quite well so it could depend on the area