anyone ever had their probation sentence overturned or lessened?

sweetbeatlvr

Bluelighter
i'm leaving in a little bit for my 3rd court appearance.

at my last appearance, it was decided that i would be given 2 years supervised probation. (1st degree felony possession, had 1.1g of cocaine)

i thought that would be it, but i have another one today. my attorney said at this one, i will have to stand up before the judge, he will ask me alot of questions (like, did you sign this...), then i will have to go over to probation/parole and they will be interviewing me, asking me my whole life story, etc.

he said this would be my chance to prove to them that i am not a menace to society, or a crazy crackhead (which i am not!)

he also said they would probably interview people that know me, to see what kind of person i am.

then they would give their reccomendation to the judge.

anyone ever had their probation overturned or lessened? or heard about it happening?

you know, i really did learn my lesson when i was arrested, i have not touched that crap since, and never will, it just isn't worth it!

I personally have not.

When you say they decided, who are they? The prosecuting attorney? Or has the judge already been involved? If no, then at this hearing will the judge grant or deny you probation--this is unlikely.

I think that you should be prepared for the entire two years, which is not that big of a deal given the charges brought against you.

i haven't but i can relate to your situation. i had a year of federal probation for drugs. and after 7 months my po told me she was considering early termination because i complied with all the conditions, never failed or missed a drug test, paid my fine, completed counseling, held a job, etc... well they switch my po, and i asked my new one and she told me early termination is mostly for people on probation for 5+ years.

early termination is a possibility tho, take to your lawyer and if after awhile you complied with everything and the po agrees its possible. gl hf.

it was decided amongst the prosecuter and commonwealth attornies before today, and i had signed a form for diversion.

i sat in front of the judge today, and was just asked if i understood i was giving up my rights, by taking the guilty plea.

i wasn't gonna hold my breath thinking i'd get off probation, just wondering if it ever has happened.

thanks for your replies.

It's usually up to your OWN probation officer after half or more of your sentence to reduce it.

it was decided amongst the prosecuter and commonwealth attornies before today, and i had signed a form for diversion.

i sat in front of the judge today, and was just asked if i understood i was giving up my rights, by taking the guilty plea.

i wasn't gonna hold my breath thinking i'd get off probation, just wondering if it ever has happened.

thanks for your replies.

You took a GUILTY plea? I thought that this was a diversion program for you that would allow the charges to be dropped at the probationary period? Or was this for a lesser charge/sentence?