• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Anyone ever had Benzos suddenly feeling a lot stronger?

BLUELIGHT VIRGIN..
I have currently taken a pack of 30 x10mg of Diazepam PRODES today 6-3-20 and I'm wide awake. I have been using benzodiazepines for over 35 years now and any help regarding the Prodes would be helpful as they don't seem to have the desired effect as my prescription ones? Ps. Please push me on the right link lol

diazepam targets both central and peripheral benzodiazepine receptors. In particular it also targets benzo receptors in the Leydig cells of the testes responsible for production of Testosterone, androstenedione and DHEA under influence of luteinizing hormone. androstenedione has been used for doping in the past but is a weaker steroidal androgen, it can convert to DHEA a less potent androgen than DHT [which I believe is used for baseball players]. Additionally, DHEA has negative allosteric effects at the GABAa receptors centrally and posses sympathetic alpha-1 adrenergic qualitiesof the vasculature. I doubt you got a dirty diazepam, rather experiencing paradoxical effect of wakefulness which is well established in the literature.

the endocrinology is entirely more complex, however, I myself have experienced paradoxical wakefulness and energy with various RC benzo's and I suspect it has to do with peripheral bzd receptor affinity and androgen production. This could possibly explain why diclazepam is a functional benzo but I am no expert just making educated hypothesis.