• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Anyone ever had Benzos suddenly feeling a lot stronger?

WilliamSSS

Greenlighter
Title says it all. Lately 1mg diazepam (yes i'm 100% sure it's diazepam, straight from the pharmacy) nearly knocks me out. Was taking 10mg daily before so really does not make sense.

Diazepam isn't even available in 1mg doses afaik, but I could be wrong. I thought the minimum available dose was 2mg, unless you're taking half of a 2mg tablet. But sounds like a different more potent benzo entirely to me. Are you definitely sure they're not clonazepam or alprazolam?

Diazepam isn't even available in 1mg doses afaik, but I could be wrong. I thought the minimum available dose was 2mg, unless you're taking half of a 2mg tablet. But sounds like a different more potent benzo entirely to me. Are you definitely sure they're not clonazepam or alprazolam?
Yeah, i'm taking half of a 2mg tablet. Yes, I am 100% sure. Even went back to the pharmacy to get another box as I thought I maybe had a bad batch or something.

Yeah, i'm taking half of a 2mg tablet. Yes, I am 100% sure. Even went back to the pharmacy to get another box as I thought I maybe had a bad batch or something.

You went back to the pharmacy to get another box? Are you in a country where you can buy these over the counter?

If so, there is a good chance they are buying fake diazepam which could contain anything.

You went back to the pharmacy to get another box? Are you in a country where you can buy these over the counter?

If so, there is a good chance they are buying fake diazepam which could contain anything.
No, I had a prescription left because I was near the end of my taper and wouldn't by seeing my psychiatrist anymore. So I just used another prescription. I'm in Belgium, I think there's pretty strict regulations here.

Yeh, weird one. You would seem to be developing a sensitivity to the drug rather than a tolerance. I've no idea how this works, so hopefully someone more knowledgable will respond.

this happens with the discontinuation of marijuana too, like, when tapering down weed like keeping 2 joints per day when the previous dose was 5 per day. Sometimes smoking 2 is hard, because, apparently, the receptors have been back to normality and are no longer able to deal with these high doses

Sometimes smoking 2 is hard, because, apparently, the receptors have been back to normality and are no longer able to deal with these high doses

that's when one's fall in love with weed again (because paranoia disappears and the trip is more enjoyable as it was at the beginning) and soon enough is smoking uncontrollably

1mg diazepam? That is new to me.
BLUELIGHT VIRGIN..
I have currently taken a pack of 30 x10mg of Diazepam PRODES today 6-3-20 and I'm wide awake. I have been using benzodiazepines for over 35 years now and any help regarding the Prodes would be helpful as they don't seem to have the desired effect as my prescription ones?

BLUELIGHT VIRGIN..
I have currently taken a pack of 30 x10mg of Diazepam PRODES today 6-3-20 and I'm wide awake. I have been using benzodiazepines for over 35 years now and any help regarding the Prodes would be helpful as they don't seem to have the desired effect as my prescription ones? Ps. Please push me on the right link lol

BLUELIGHT VIRGIN..
I have currently taken a pack of 30 x10mg of Diazepam PRODES today 6-3-20 and I'm wide awake. I have been using benzodiazepines for over 35 years now and any help regarding the Prodes would be helpful as they don't seem to have the desired effect as my prescription ones? Ps. Please push me on the right link lol

Good for you mate.

And your point is?

BLUELIGHT VIRGIN..

Ah, many apologies - I thought this was relating to this discussion.

Just start a new thread mate and hopefully you'll get some useful responses...

Last edited:
U start eating grapefruit/drinking juice recently? Lots of enzyme inhibitors. Go through all ur daily meds & foods you eat everyday and search enzyme inhibitor with them. Tagamet, omeprazole specifically highest blocker of cyp3a4 & cyp2d6 and diazepam does have an enzyme inhibiting effect on itself. I think its cyp2d6.
But it would have to be a change that happened before/at the same time as the dosage change. Or perhaps diazepams metabolic self inhibiting nature is more pronounced at lower doses. Also generics can be off by about ~25% +/-
Even if u got a new box it could've come from the same batch. Unless the chemist was quite thoughtful. Idk.

Those are all the ideas I have.