• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Anyone ever freak out on weed?

its brings out my social anxiety, which brings out my intrusive obsessive compulsive thought, which brings out tick like swearing

thats if i don't have a tolerance, my ocd and social anxiety are unmedicated
except for anything but alcohol,

A lot of people quit smoking pot due to paranoia. This is definitely not unheard of. I would imagine this is even worse for people with a predisposition to anxiety disorders.

I "whited out" one day when stoned. By that I mean, I was walking around a cool little town, checking out the shops, and smoking weed on and off. I'd smoked about 3 bowls with my sis and we went into a record shop to browse. I suddenly felt very wobbly, weak, and dizzy, and it started growing and growing. I knew I was going to fall over or something soon, so I quickly told my sis "I gotta go outside", and stumbled out and grabbed a tree that was planted on the side of the street. My vision went completely white (hence, "whited out"), and I was dizzy, blind, and weak, and fell over hanging on to the tree. My vision came back and I ate some food and felt better. I think it might have been a low blood sugar thing, but the weed definitely precipitated it.

Also, at college, one girl smoked her first hit of weed and people had to call an ambulance because she literally freaked out and went crazy. I'm guessing underlying issues were there.

Finally, at college we were doing gravity bong rips (3 of us), and one person took their second or third bong rip, they looked up with glazed over eyes and straight fell over! I was happy they weren't hurt and helped her up up to her room, where she recovered.

Don't diss weed, its freaking powerful. I also know of several people who have had "nightmate trips" from eating weed.

Weed is great, but you can still overdo it and hurt yourself.

Anyone ever heard of sleep paralyisis? I had a case of it the other night, I think it had something to do with that bong i ripped when i woke up in the middle of the night! Was freaky shit!

Anyone ever heard of sleep paralyisis? I had a case of it the other night, I think it had something to do with that bong i ripped when i woke up in the middle of the night! Was freaky shit!

Yep, I've had SP many times. It used to scare the crap out of me, but now I love it! I've seen ghosts, floating eyeballs, cartoon characters, fully-immersive environments... lots of things whilst in that state. It can hard to let go of your body at first, but it's well worth getting over the fear.

I'm not sure if pot caused those episodes, or what happened. If I could figure out a cause, I'd be doing it all the time =D

on the way driving out to rothbury last year, my buddy and i were taking turns driving, i just finished my shift, it was at night, so as my friend C starts driving (this is my car i should add, that parts key) i pack a heady bowl of nug and get down to brass tacks on the smoking front.

after a while, I started feeling a little weird, and looked outside seeing total blackness all around us, I started freaking out that we were in the middle of like a black hole, and I had no control over my car and aaaaaagggggghhhhhhhh started getting a classic panic attack

but i figured it was just the weed so i ate a xanax and passed out for a while

I've had uncomfortable times on herb where I was at a party and smoking and around people who I didn't know and I was so high I had no desire to talk to them and I think people just thought I was very drunk.

Or I've had times like what I described above when I was very high and in public, in class, or around my parents and I had to act sober when I was blazed out of my mind.

A friend of mine he smoked too much herb and he thought he was having a heart attack but it was just a panic attack and he didn't go to the ER or anything.

Only when i take a break and start back up when tol. is super lowww

Yep, I've had SP many times. It used to scare the crap out of me, but now I love it! I've seen ghosts, floating eyeballs, cartoon characters, fully-immersive environments... lots of things whilst in that state. It can hard to let go of your body at first, but it's well worth getting over the fear.

I'm not sure if pot caused those episodes, or what happened. If I could figure out a cause, I'd be doing it all the time =D

Yeah same I wanna do it again!!=D

never freaked out but i have had a very overwhelming high off some of the most potent ive ever smoked me and 2 friends were hot boxing my friends shed with a few joints cant exactly remember how much we smoked but when i got out of the shed i felt like i was about to pass out and i thought i wouldnt even make it to the back door but when i finally did and got inside i felt very faint and felt like passing out but after a few cups of water and relaxing i was better only got that blazed once

I've dealt with my anxiety over the last few months and have returned to smoking the herb without any negative repercussions. A couple of times I could feel a panic attack coming on, my perception would get very intensely zoned out and I would experience a tight chest with a pretty heavily derealization... but then you just remember that it's anxiety, it's controllable... you're perfectly fine and then I begin to relax and come out of it... this has happened once or twice.

I'm beginning to appreciate getting high again, my creativity and musicianship feel like they've been enhanced tenfold. I forgot how much of a mind-expander cannabis is.

Yes, manifested through paranoia about getting caught (thinking there are police or parents).

It is usually more internal than external. If I don't talk, the only way you could tell I am freaking out is through subtle facial expressions.
If I talk I ask questions like "are you sure this place is safe?" or "did you just see that cop?" though not in a particularly alarming way. People usually just tell me to relax and that nothing bad going to happen, which sometimes leads me to having internal rants about how "I'm not doing this anymore!" and how stupid/carefree/reckless everyone around me is.

Unfortunately, sometimes times my weed freak-outs are substantiated and that the others I am around are/were being reckless fucks.

I am a fairly tightly-wound/anxious person in general, though.

Is it normal for people who freak out on weed to start doing things that they have no control over, like dancing? I find it hard to believe that my experience was unique.

I used to get really paranoid\self concious when I'd get really blazed. As I've done it more and more, that feeling doesn't really happen to me anymore. I toke everyday and I'm just used to how it affects me, and I just remind myself that weed is SUPPOSED to make you feel different, and there's no point in letting it affect you negatively- it's not like being drunk where you do wreckless things w\o thinking- if anything, you think through situations MORE than when you're sober, at least IME. No risk of overdosing... the only thing I get uncomfortable about is being REALLY blazed in public, with my eyes all red and shit, but even then, what's the worst that could happen? Someone looks at you and thinks you're high? who the fuck cares, lol.

I've had anxiety issues many, many times with weed. For about a month I couldn't smoke at all without getting an anxiety attack (back in December). It's definitely happened other times too but they are more spread out. Mostly I just have some really intense weed highs that are either equivalent or just below some of the effects of strong hallucinogens, and the times that I was just looking for a chill night and was greeted with mountains of introspection I wasn't too happy.

Sure, especially as I have aged and I have been smoking cannabis for a decade to different degrees. I haven't really every "freaked out" where its noticeable, but I've had moments where I'm really uncomfortable because I am way too high. I've also seen people puke off of high dose oral cannabis. I've seen people "pull a whitey" as well. It has been years since I've seen anyone do this. Most of the people I smoke with have puffed for many years and all have seemed to have slowed down.

In the first few years after I started I could just smoke tons of the stuff and do anything. I guess because I didn't care how I looked/acted in public. Now I do and because of that I cannot really smoke more then a hit or two of grade B to A stuff, unless the situation is totally perfect. Basically a situation where I am usually visiting people in another city and not thinking about work or something like that. I cannot just go out and function high anymore.

I have also noticed that I get an excited/euphoric/nostalgic feeling when I smoke nowadays, and if I smoke to much that excited feeling overwhelms me... it feels like its too much. Recently, every time I've smoked I've sat and thought about how much I cannot wait until spring/summer. :)

Last edited:
Not to mention I'd just got the speakers and hardly unpacked them so they where all infront of me said:
I've had a kind of similar experience. Not the same but equally weird. It happens occasionally, after I've smoked a few bowls of some dank bud and then go back to my room but only when my box fan is on. I'll hear music coming from the fan. Swear to God, not in my head but actually emanating from the fan combined with the usual noise the fan makes. The first time it happened, I think it was some Alice in Chains playing (I love grunge :) ) so I was just nodding along with the beat, stoned out of my gourd and enjoying the song until common sense took hold and I was forced to ask myself "WTF? Is this actually happening?". Whenever I actively thought how ridiculous it was, the music would stop for awhile but only until my mind went elsewhere. Then it would creep back without me realizing it. It still happens every once in awhile when I'm reading stoned or doing something in my room where there is no other background noise. Before it sort of weirded me out but now it just gives me the giggles cause I'm used to it haha.

Never freaked out on weed, but I have hallucinated while high before. Believe it or not, I actually just straight up tripped the fuck out last night while stoned. Hallucinated and everything, saw all kinds of cool stuff. My face even morphed and turned 3 dimensional in the mirror and at a couple points I would close my eyes and it was almost lucid dream like. I've had some 'psychedelic' highs but for some reason I really got far out there last night

Sort of. But, it happened when I accidentally ate too much.

I had been smoking from a bag of herb from a central American country all week. It was a Sativa considered mid-grade, and had seeds, so I figured I had a tolerance and that I'd have to eat a lot of it. This was before good quality cannabis became availabe pretty much everywhere, and it was the bronze age when everyone smoked out of wood pipes, metal pipes, and even ceramic or stone pipes, acrylic plastic bongs, and glass pipes and high quality vaporizers were not around or available. I was a teenager, and I had heard about people eating cannabis in prepared food.

I ate about 3g of it I had put on crackers and melted cheese on, and got very high. I became confused forgetting I was on drugs, thinking something was wrong, and it became very difficult but not impossible to move. I was so stoned that I had a psychedelic experience without the visuals, and eventually I did calm down and just went with it.

I did have some auditory hallucinations and I thought a demon was growling at me akin to this:
http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_writings5.shtml

Something really cool that happened was when I tried to sleep I could not because it felt like I was in the air and spinning around slowly revolving. I also had times during the night when it felt like electricity or pure energy was running through my body.

At the time I was worried that it would last for 12 hours as I'd heard about cannabis prepared in food lasting this long, and I had to drive the next day but it did not last nearly that long but it lasted longer than the regular 4 hours I would stay high after smoking cannabis. I did not freak out or call 911 like I've heard about people doing after eating too much cannabis.

I'm glad my parents were not home as I was a teenager and they were away that night, and when they came home I was asleep, and I was fine the next day.

I did eat a small amount of Moroccan hash while in Spain but it did not get me nearly that high, it was more relaxing, and I did not have the experience I wrote about above or anything like it.

I have seen people freak out on it after smoking way too much when they have zero or a low tolerance, or when they smoke too much of a Sativa. Now I do not use anything.

I was at a party years ago in college, and we smoked a joint of some quality herb I brought with me, and then I wanted to smoke more so this guy got out some trainwreck and everyone smoked it. He said how sometimes that strain would make him paranoid and how he'd worry about their neighbors who were a family who had kids calling the police, and he was careful putting the pipe away even though in the bedroom where we smoked the window did not look out on his next door neighbor's property at all.

He did say how some girls he knew had smoked too much trainwreck at once and they called him asking him if they should go to the hospital since they were worried they were going to die, and he told them just to relax and how eventually they'd stop being high in a few hours. That strain never did that to me. It just blended well with the Indica type I had put into the joint, and went well with the beer I was drinking.

Last edited: