• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anyone else successfully chipping?

justtakethat

Bluelighter
Or just using opiates in general with some willpower? As in taking it for one or two days, maybe three and then giving yourself a little break to not become physically dependent?

I don't have access to any H atm but I take methadone at or whatever else I can get a couple times and then space out my next usage. There's gotta be other people with basic willpower right? My friend does it as well (sort of) successfully.

I used to be able to, but now whenever I get a supply I just burn through them until I have nothing left and always promise to leave some extra to taper but never do.

I think it's mostly down to having no job atm and spending 95% of my time in bed and the other 5% only to go to the bathroom and eat etc. I think if I had a job or something to occupy my time I'd be able to make it a weekend thing like I did before.

it's very rare for people to chip long-term.

all it takes is one or two stressful or painful life events for that 'willpower' to erode, and make today "the exception". then the next day, and so on...

speaking from experience, i think most opiate addicts (past, present and future) thought they could chip successfully.

playing with fire, beware.

it's very rare for people to chip long-term.

all it takes is one or two stressful or painful life events for that 'willpower' to erode, and make today "the exception". then the next day, and so on...

speaking from experience, i think most opiate addicts (past, present and future) thought they could chip successfully.

playing with fire, beware.

Would have no reason to take it continuously when I know about the withdrawals and how horrible they'd be, it's like putting your hand in fire even though you know you're going to get burned. Instead I wave my hand through it the fire and appreciate the drug.

Would have no reason to take it continuously when I know about the withdrawals and how horrible they'd be, it's like putting your hand in fire even though you know you're going to get burned. Instead I wave my hand through it the fire and appreciate the drug.

You think every other user doesn't know opiates comes with withdrawals after prolonged use? Trust me, you'll be dragged in one way or another. It took me 4 years but exactly what spacejunk said. All it takes is one wrong thing in your life to happen and you'll stray down the wrong path. There is no way at all to 'chip' as you say it without sooner or later using daily.

I mean, you could successfully do it for 4 years like I did then just suddenly quit and as long as nothing bad happens you shouldn't have any temptations but I can guarantee on my life that as soon as something bad happens in your life which makes you wanna use to relax and make you feel better you'll be using daily within no time. Even if you've been off opiates for a decade. They never truly go away, ever. And it's when your at your worst when they are at there best.

The more you wave your hand, the less you feel it. Untill you don't feel it at all and just shove it right in.

The more you wave your hand, the less you feel it. Untill you don't feel it at all and just shove it right in.

Perfectly said. You play with fire, you get burned. Regardless on how safe you are, fire has no prejudice. It will burn you no matter who you are.

I can.. but only for so long. I haven't touched anything but my daily script of bupe in quite some time.. I used to do dope, oxy, dillies, etc... and then just get back on bupe when ready. HOWEVER, that shit aint too easy for me at least, with nothing to get through WD.
I do chip with coke/crack though these days, and 2 year ago I was an everyday user of both.. got off it and just smoked herb, with my bupe and other meds... and was fine for good while. then got more money than I knew what to do with it, and started just using it 1-4x a month max... its a terrible mental addiction, once you get addicted.. and you get addicted, especially, with crack, very fast! its sneaky. Some of my friends have insane amounts of will power.. they can smoke a 100 slab of crack and not want any more, just by having a drink or 2. its crazy.. I need benzos, weed, and subs to come off that amount.. I cant stand it.. but with opiates, I just kind of did them on the weekends, on pay day.. I would skip my sub dose in the am or just take like 1mg or less, and by the time I got my paycheck cashed back then, I would be okay and feel opis.. especially IV which was my ROA of choice, most of the time. I could then after doing lots of usually oxy or dillies or dope on the weekends in total, all 3 days, I would sleep, then wake up after 12 hrs or so after my last shot of whatever and be okay to use sub, but only because I have a very fast metabolism... so I would recommend waiting until you feel like its right to take sub.. if you do.

i chipped "successfully" for 3 years, then i got addicted for 10 years.
it's a real old story,. William Burroughs was writing about it in the 50s. nobody is above addiction.

You think every other user doesn't know opiates comes with withdrawals after prolonged use? Trust me, you'll be dragged in one way or another. It took me 4 years but exactly what spacejunk said. All it takes is one wrong thing in your life to happen and you'll stray down the wrong path. There is no way at all to 'chip' as you say it without sooner or later using daily.

I mean, you could successfully do it for 4 years like I did then just suddenly quit and as long as nothing bad happens you shouldn't have any temptations but I can guarantee on my life that as soon as something bad happens in your life which makes you wanna use to relax and make you feel better you'll be using daily within no time. Even if you've been off opiates for a decade. They never truly go away, ever. And it's when your at your worst when they are at there best.
I wouldn't assume just because you or the people around you fell weak to dependency that everyone else will too. There are people believe it or not who don't go to opiates for relieve and such for "live events" but only use it for the weekends for example when there's nothing else to do. I appreciate your input however.

Also Username 369 about not feeling it anymore, I assume you're referring to baseline tolerance correct? Well in the3 years I've been taking opiates recreationally I only noticed the dosage go up slightly for being able to handle more without getting sick. It's not to the point of "not feeling it" nor will I think it will ever get like that without dependency.

I wouldn't assume just because you or the people around you fell weak to dependency that everyone else will too. There are people believe it or not who don't go to opiates for relieve and such for "live events" but only use it for the weekends for example when there's nothing else to do. I appreciate your input however.

you've been told numerous times before not to post this nonsense about how people who succumb to addiction are 'weak'
this is a harm reduction forum, not a platform for you to get on your high horse about unscientific, stigmatising points of view.
it's obnoxious and i think you're well aware of that.

if you have something intelligent to contribute to the bluelight community, that's great. but putting people down for experiencing drug dependence is not welcome here.
anyone can develop a habit to addictive drugs.
you're not above habituation - nobody is - so please cut it out.

you've been told numerous times before not to post this nonsense about how people who succumb to addiction are 'weak'
this is a harm reduction forum, not a platform for you to get on your high horse about unscientific, stigmatising points of view.
it's obnoxious and i think you're well aware of that.

if you have something intelligent to contribute to the bluelight community, that's great. but putting people down for experiencing drug dependence is not welcome here.
anyone can develop a habit to addictive drugs.
you're not above habituation - nobody is - so please cut it out.
I'm not putting anyone down mate I take what they have to say into consideration and offer my own insight on the situation, if they can't handle the reality of the situation than only they are to blame. Instead of seeing it as intimidating and leaving an upset biased view maybe take what I have to say into consideration as well. Have a nice day.

you've said it plenty of times before, and been asked not to.

it's not helpful or constructive to post this sort of thing repeatedly. we are all here to spread harm reduction information and offer one another support and advice - gloating that you're not addicted because you are not "weak" is not just misguided, it's provocative in a negative way.

i am politely reminding you that you've made your point, and to please drop that line of argument. nobody is intimidated or upset, but as we've been through this with you on numerous occasions, i'm letting you know that it's not ok, and to let it go.
thanks.

If you chip for the rest of your life and die at a ripe old age of natural causes them you have the right to flaunt your immunity to addiction. Until then you should be a little more cautious with your words.

I was on heroin for a few years then 'quit' about 6 years ago. I began using codeine once a week...then twice a week...and then suddenly everyday. I've managed to quit recently, codeine doesn't do much and the withdrawal is minimal so I had that in my favour but the mental addiction was still strong af. I totally did not expect to get hooked on opiates again, I thought it would simply never happen but of course it fucking did. :|

I don't think its possible to chip with opiates especially if you were once an addict. These things seem to totally and perhaps irreversibly alter the reward system. Anything that is difficult seems to require opiates. Nothing is satisfying really though I hope that will change in time. :\

See I get enjoyment out of everyday things, it's not like I need opiates to ensure my day goes alright, it's more like when someone decides to drink some alcohol because they want a buzz once in a while. Only opiates are much more enjoyable than alcohol and such imo. Some days I prefer not using opiates because I'd prefer my natural happiness instead for example.

I think people just need to learn the dangers and consequences of addiction and have some willpower before trying opiates and you should be fine.

^Willpower doesn't mean much when you're self medicating for depression and anxiety.

Either way, chipping is highly risky.

After having read this thread, it needs to be said that once a certain amount of opiates have been consumed, the brain is effectively altered. It tells you that it wants/needs opiates when it says it want/needs them. And that's that! It's not a willpower or an even conscious thing. The brain just takes over!