• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anyone else prefer Adderall IR to Adderall XR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoastTwoCoast

Bluelighter
I took the XR capsule years ago and it had a comedown that would make me depressed/suicidal.

I started the IR tablet on Monday and I like it. My psychiatrist only prescribed me 15 mg in the am. That is not enough because it doesn't last long. I will tell her to add another dose at the next appointment.

Adderall IR is really smooth. I've noticed it's subtle, so subtle you may not even think it's working until you realize you are more social and laughing, concentration is better and everything feels normal. Life feels "right". Finally. It's like going from everything looking grey to finally being able to see life in color. I do not feel high or tweaked out. It takes away my anxiety which is a plus. There is no harsh comedown. I have absolutely no appetite whatsoever.

I can tell when it's wearing off because I'll zone out and maybe feel a little tired, but there's no crash. There's just a feeling where you know you need another pill to boost it.
Looking forward to the doc adding another dose of 15 mg. I've been taking one 15 mg in the am. Then adding another 15 mg a few hours later. I only have 30 pills so they will run out fast if I keep that up.

I made a plan to only take it twice a week so I can spread it out. It's going to suck going through days I can't take it. It's probably good anyway because I don't want to be too dependent on a drug.

I work out in the morning and I don't take Adderall until after my work out is done. Running on the treadmill with an amphetamine in your system adds extra stress to the heart, I imagine.

Anyway, anyone else prefer the IR version? What's your usual dose?

I took the XR capsule years ago and it had a comedown that would make me depressed/suicidal.

I started the IR tablet on Monday and I like it. My psychiatrist only prescribed me 15 mg in the am. That is not enough because it doesn't last long. I will tell her to add another dose at the next appointment.

Adderall IR is really smooth. I've noticed it's subtle, so subtle you may not even think it's working until you realize you are more social and laughing, concentration is better and everything feels normal. Life feels "right". Finally. It's like going from everything looking grey to finally being able to see life in color. I do not feel high or tweaked out. It takes away my anxiety which is a plus. There is no harsh comedown. I have absolutely no appetite whatsoever.

I can tell when it's wearing off because I'll zone out and maybe feel a little tired, but there's no crash. There's just a feeling where you know you need another pill to boost it.
Looking forward to the doc adding another dose of 15 mg. I've been taking one 15 mg in the am. Then adding another 15 mg a few hours later. I only have 30 pills so they will run out fast if I keep that up.

I made a plan to only take it twice a week so I can spread it out. It's going to suck going through days I can't take it. It's probably good anyway because I don't want to be too dependent on a drug.

I work out in the morning and I don't take Adderall until after my work out is done. Running on the treadmill with an amphetamine in your system adds extra stress to the heart, I imagine.

Anyway, anyone else prefer the IR version? What's your usual dose?

Do you even have ADD? If you're relying on your dose purely for the high, you are on an inevitable road to the dependency you are trying to avoid. All of the positive effects you report from the IR will fade rapidly and your only choices will be to quit entirely or keep upping your dose, in which case you should stop now and get it over with before its too late.

If you are truly using it for therapeutic purposes it is unique that you report such benefits from XR to IR as most people typically report them when making the reverse switch (from IR to XR) given the smoother dosing curve of the time release formulations.

Yes, I am diagnosed with ADHD. The psychiatrist prescribed it to me. I am not relying on the dose purely for a high. I don't feel high or tweaked out like I said above. I feel normal. I am able to concentrate and make decisions. It also helps me feel social.

Well, I guess in my case it's different because I definitely prefer IR. Every one has different chemistry. Certain formulas work better for certain people.

Personally I prefer IR. Anytime a XR is presented to me I am always disappointed a little on the inside.

I’m not a fan on XR because it gives me random bursts of energy followed by nodding away. It’s a vicious cycle of up and down.

Although, I don’t take Adderall for any medical reasons, I simply LOVE the high.

I’d chew on a 30 mg IR, wait for the peak, break one and take another 15 mg, and then I’ll just space them out from there in half doses. All in all I will take around 5-7 (depending on what I have and what I am doing) spaced out throughout the day to maintain the focused and tweaky feeling.

Be careful with it though! I never had a script and complete access to a bottle. It’s VERY addicting and will cause some serious mental shit if you abuse it. It’s taken me over a year to mentally recover from Adderall, my body is still recovering I dropped 40 lbs in one summer and have only gained 10 lbs back a year later!

Also if it’s helping you focus, not making you tweak, your able to eat and sleep and helps you with social anxiety the dose you have is working like it’s intended (I’m assuming) you probably don’t need more.

Unless ya want it :)

Be safe, have fun!

We gotta reel it in in this sub-forum guys. We are not here to circle-jerk over our preferred pharmaceutical Amphetamines. We have to keep it tied into Harm Reduction or "the shit don't work". This is more a matter of personal preference than just about any other issue we might deal with here on Bluelight. Everyone is going to experience a difference in positive effect based upon the preparation.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.