L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Anyone else on here childfree?

Tude

Bluelight Crew
What made you decide to be childfree? How old were you?

For those of you who don't know, childfree people are those who want no part in having/raising kids.

Me, I was 4 years old when I knew. I know those sounds stupid, but every time I've revisited the subject, I come to the same consensus: no kids for me! Anyways, I didnt like playing with dolls, or house when I was a little girl. I liked blocks and hot wheels. Christmas day when I was 4, my mom had gotten me a baby doll. She wanted to take a picture of me and my sister holding our matching dolls. I remember I didnt even want to hold the thing, much less take a picture with it. But my mom insisted. As I held the doll, I remember it feeling so unnatural, like something wasnt right. Right when my mom was taking the picture I remember thinking "When I grow up, I don't want kids."

...Is that the end of the post?

I honestly can't say, to be honest. At this moment in time, no way josé. However, in due time, I would quite like a daughter. Maybe. Maybe not. I really don't know.

For now: NO THANKS. NO THANK YOU. NO SIR. NOPE.

How old are you? How can you be so certain? I appreciate that if you know, then you just know but are you absolutely 1000% certain that you might not change your mind.
Are you single? (I'm not asking you out.....

...yet)

I'm 35 with no kids, and I'm so happy I didn't have any in my 20s like so many girls in my situation. I'm not opposed to them, but I need to be in a financial position to have them and I would want to know for sure that the dad is a guy I can live with forever. Neither of those have happened yet. lol I made a decision a while ago that I would not be a poor single mom who didn't go to college or someone who was someone's baby momma. The thought of a happy family intrigues me, but I've never been in that situation where it's possible. Dated plenty of losers and my marriage didn't last. I never keep a job for more than 2 years, so my finances are up and down. I don't think it's fair to bring a child into the world in an unstable environment, so I want to be very stable and satisfied with the man I'm with before I ever have kids. Of course, I don't have much longer to have them, and if it doesn't happen, I think I'd be OK with that too.

i dont understand why someone would willingly put themselves through the hassle and the cost of raising kids when, in this day and age its not really necessary. the world is already overpopulated and there are plenty of working class folks pumping kids out left right and centre. being kid free means your life can be all about yourlself and you can have such an easier life. with all the money you save too you can afford to look after yourself in your old age.

Why would anyone dare to bring something that pukes,poops,pees etc.. All the time. What kind of person would do that. Oh yeah me. I wouldnt change it for nothing. I use to think like that. Never wanted kids, but now I do and im happy. Yes it is hard and very costly, but in the long run I think it is all worth it. Just some people aren't parent material, and some people are..

I'm only 20 ... I don't want kids ... not really. Luckily my boyfriend agrees. Why? Honestly I'm impatient and I think I'd be a terrible mother. I always said that, if I had kids, my husband is raising them. My bf does not seem to be the person who would raise them!! Hah. So anyway, we have talked about it, we don't ever want to actually have kids HOWEVER we might think about adopting kids in the future. Older ones though. We both hate babies. I don't want to deal with babies! His sister has a baby and we were with her a couple weeks ago and she gave me the baby to hold and it was so awkward and terrible and I hated every second of it! Ewww baby :(. Lol.
Besides, I think there are too many kids in the world anyway ... so many without homes and stuff ... why not help one instead of just entering another baby into the world?

I'm 26. I most definitely want a child. I know that I'm not ready now, but when/if that time comes I will embrace with all that I can.

i dont understand why someone would willingly put themselves through the hassle and the cost of raising kids when, in this day and age its not really necessary. the world is already overpopulated and there are plenty of working class folks pumping kids out left right and centre. being kid free means your life can be all about yourlself and you can have such an easier life. with all the money you save too you can afford to look after yourself in your old age.

The world isn't over populated because of babies, the world is over populated because there are too many old cunts wanting to live for too long and worrying about how they are going to pay for it. So instead of accepting death and making the most of it they horde and don't share the worlds resources in some mistaken belief that one day before they get too old medical science will create immortality for them.

Personally I believe the retirement age should be lowered and an extermination age introduced. Resources would be spared and people would appreciate the time they have here and not waste it. Imagine the party you would throw for your death day.

I don't see a new born as a drain on society but the chance to create some one who could make it better. Sure you could adopt some one else's spawn but there is a reason why I spent half my life looking for my soulmate. With the Perfect partner I increase the chance of creating a valuable member of society. Every new child is a fresh chance for them to be " the one" to invent or create something wonderful. Even if they don't, being a parent gives you a special time capsule that allows you to programme and send into the future the gift of love, compassion of your fellow
man or the appreciation of speed metal.

If you are really worried about your old age you also have created someone who will look after you and shower you with love until you die because of all the good things you did for them when they were growing up , not because they are employed in a home and you are paying them.

Last edited:
I'm 21 and I'm pretty sure I'm not changing my mind. I don't want kids-not now not ever. Kids just get on my nerves. It's just that I so vividly remember the day I first decided not to have them, just that bad feeling in the put of my stomach holding that doll. I realize that's stupid, but both times I've reconsidered my decision, I've come up with new reasons I don't want kids. Not only that, I can't find any good reason for me to have them. Not one.

How I would love to have a wife and kids! But I've come to the realisation that that will probably never happen for I'm a failure.

Kids... hell no.

I'd be a horrible father and a horrible husband, I'm not good with emotional commitment. I do admire those with the heart and commitment to start a family though, as well as the ladies who endure childbirth(that looks like it hurts like a bitch).

The world isn't over populated because of babies, the world is over populated because there are too many old cunts wanting to live for too long and worrying about how they are going to pay for it. So instead of accepting death and making the most of it they horde and don't share the worlds resources in some mistaken belief that one day before they get too old medical science will create immortality for them.

Personally I believe the retirement age should be lowered and an extermination age introduced. Resources would be spared and people would appreciate the time they have here and not waste it. Imagine the party you would throw for your death day.

I don't see a new born as a drain on society but the chance to create some one who could make it better. Sure you could adopt some one else's spawn but there is a reason why I spent half my life looking for my soulmate. With the Perfect partner I increase the chance of creating a valuable member of society. Every new child is a fresh chance for them to be " the one" to invent or create something wonderful. Even if they don't, being a parent gives you a special time capsule that allows you to programme and send into the future the gift of love, compassion of your fellow
man or the appreciation of speed metal.

If you are really worried about your old age you also have created someone who will look after you and shower you with love until you die because of all the good things you did for them when they were growing up , not because they are employed in a home and you are paying them.
Very well written post--Though I do disagree with you on some parts! :p

I have known since I was quite young that I do not want my own biological children. I toyed with the idea of doing a surrogate mother for awhile but then decided I really don't want "little [me]s" running around, as a friend once put it. I also thought of adopting for awhile or running a foster home of sorts... But all in all, as much as I would love to better some unfortunate child's life, I don't think I have the slightest idea how. I didn't grow up in a very loving household--My mom has never spoke the words "I love you" to me in the same sentence, at least not within the past two decades (I'm in my early 20s). :-/

So, all things considered, I don't think children are in the future for me. And I'm okay with that. :) If that changes, so be it, but if not, okay. I can always better some unfortunate child's life by teaching them the importance of a proper diet. ;)

Good luck with that. No one can make broccoli taste good to a 5 yr old. Mind you I still can't get my 9 yr old to appreciate reggae either :(

^^^My three year old eats broccoli and carrots voluntarily. And he digs reggae and ragga (a local station here plays dub every saturday morning which we listen to religiously.

Not trying to brag or anything.

Last edited:
If I wanted to hear how wonderful everyone's else's kid is developing I would give up drinking and go to a stitch n bitch mothers group.

... why not help one instead of just entering another baby into the world?

I don't think it's fair to bring a child into the world in an unstable environment, so I want to be very stable and satisfied with the man I'm with before I ever have kids. Of course, I don't have much longer to have them, and if it doesn't happen, I think I'd be OK with that too.

Well said! :)

OP you're 21? pfff....that doesn't count. It was only when I was 21 that I actually starting wanting a lil mini-me+her running about...

I know I'm not ready now but I want them now...more than one.

Busty - wow it's nice to hear/see someone who shares my exact views on why this world is overpopulated. win.

Michael_25, why do you say that?

Jblazingphoenix, I can see why you would think that, but I don't think that being older automatically makes you more mature as far as making life decisions go, and vice-versa. I know people twice my age who don't have a clue what they want.

there cute from far away :)

I'm 21 and I'm pretty sure I'm not changing my mind. I don't want kids-not now not ever. Kids just get on my nerves. It's just that I so vividly remember the day I first decided not to have them, just that bad feeling in the put of my stomach holding that doll. I realize that's stupid, but both times I've reconsidered my decision, I've come up with new reasons I don't want kids. Not only that, I can't find any good reason for me to have them. Not one.
23 and my thoughts exactly i get a horrible feeling picturing my self pregnant , blaaaa kid crying , vomiting , pooping AAAAAAAAAAAhhhh :!

Last edited: