• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Anyone else in the +40 age group unable to trip anymore?

waffle-head

Bluelighter
Hi

As the title says, I'm 41 and unable to trip anymore. Earlier last night, I took a 200ug tab from a respected source, and despite a feeling of having too much caffeine, zilch!

Does anyone else in my age group experience the same issues?

It makes no sense. Or your tab was inactive or you are taking some antipsych medication.

@65yrs old, low response or no response is only if I am doing it too frequently. like every day or every other day - then I need a 5 day break.

what response are you looking for,
any disruption to sense of time passing or intensification of sensations/ideas/memories means it is working.

maybe you are expecting the effects of a different kind of drug.

I am 34 and I started tripping at age 18. My early trips were much more transporting and crazy, but it was because it was so new and different. I went through a period of time where OI tripped way too often and it became almost impossible to trip, and gradually over a period of 6 years (with the first 3 of those years containing no tripping at all), I finally got back to normal. These days I actually enjoy tripping more than when I was younger, even though the trips are less profound (usually).

Have you tried tripping a variety of times recently to see if everything stopped affecting you? It's really easy for someone to pass off LSD as much stronger than it is, or even as a different drug. Unless you tested them, you really can't be sure what it was. And unless you sent a tab in to a lab for analysis, the dosage is also unknown. Also, are you on any medications? SSRIs and antipsychotics will nearly totally block trips for most people.

It definitely has nothing to do with age. Shulgin took psychedelics regularly into old age.

I'm hoping to test this out soon.

It's been nearly a decade, so it should be interesting.
But considering folks like Huxley were dosing shrooms on their deathbed, I think it's more likely you got screwed.

ETA: I will say that some of the last LSD experiences (early 30's) have been more on the boring side. I still had nice visuals and distortions, mildly uplifting. No sense of wonder or joy or profundity, though, so disappointing. It was like, yeah there's the oily greens and reds, the stars are swimming, my life is still a mess, what's on cable.

Dealers usually talk their drugs up ("double-dipped", or like, "hey this shit is 150 mics"), and LSD is the easiest drug to pass off much lower than advertised doses or even different drugs or nothing at all, since you can't see it or smell it. It seems that most street LSD these days is dosed at 40-60ug per tab. Even from the illicit places on the Internet where people trend to trust it more (for some reason), someone a couple of years back sent a bunch of tabs that were all advertised anywhere from 150ug to 250ug to be analytically tested, and a few of them were actually as advertised, while the vast majority ranged from 40-80ug. If you got some small effect, it could have just been a weak tab, 40ug for example is a weak dose, not much above threshold for most people. Or, it could have been placebo, the anticipation and expectation of effects making you feel stimulated.

Newbies might want to remember that it can take a good two hours to come up sometimes, which can lead to redosing if you think it's weak. Then you realize, oh dear . . . .

I didn't trip for ten years and then about six months ago (age 31) I did an 111 ug tab of needlepoint.

It worked.

I´m 39 and the last two years my trips, be triptamines, lisergamides or peas, have become much more intense and meaningful, as opossed when I started doing them and they were pure fireworks.

Is the OP asking if the pharmacological properties of a psychedelic drug cease to exist in a body and mind over 40? :?

It's because we all floated up to the carousel at age 30.

Except us--that jewel in my hand has been flashing for YEARS now as I search for Sanctuary.

Carousel reminds me of a Twilight Zone episode and Blink 182

Also, I am drinking a 42oz plastic bottle of Steel Reserve, $1.99. Maybe its tge alcoholic in me, but this shit doesnt taste near S bad as I remember.

Also also (PPS:), I havent tripped in like a month. Longest I have gonw in two 1/2 years. Prolly gonna be a bit longer, or might be tommorrow night. Fuck yeah choices

When you're in the state you need a 211 40, it tastes damn good. (And $1.99's a good price)

Till you get to the bottom quarter and it's kinda warmed up and sudsy and the nausea kicks in and you start reflecting on your choices in life.

Also, my drink of "choice" for several years . . . .

When you're in the state you need a 211 40, it tastes damn good. (And $1.99's a good price)

Till you get to the bottom quarter and it's kinda warmed up and sudsy and the nausea kicks in and you start reflecting on your choices in life.

Also, my drink of "choice" for several years . . . .

It tasted damn good last night cold. This morning as I drank the last 1/3 room temperature in the shower I was like "ugh this is nasty".

14%alc 4 locos have fucjed me on regular beer. I have to at least have a 5.5% bud ice. Drinking high life like I used to just makes me feel fat. Icehouse has 6.9% now, but that shit gives me terrible hangovers.

I'm in my late 40s, and i enjoy it even more. I'm less afraid and more willing to let go. Unless you're taking large amounts frequently, there should be no strength difference just because you get older. My hunch is you didn't consume nearly that amount, or it wasn't real.

You know, if you aren't as impecunious as I am [will come back to tripping, I promise] there are delicious IPA's out there that can get up to 9%. Most start at around 7% (over 8.5 is pushing it anyway, might as well go straight to Carlo Rossi, off to Takaa Vodka) and taste wonderful, with an extra hop sedative effect (only other member of the Cannabis family). Also barleywines can top 10%.

So, pay extra for a six-pack of Lagunitas IPA, drink a lot less than with a case of Bud Light, same money spent, less shame, better sleep. (Don't have plastic with screw caps though, bad for sneaking in backpacks.)

I say that cause Four Locos are firmly in POISON territory. But then, I'm diabetic, and even the extra alcohol can't keep that sugar down. And Two-Buck Chuck is half the price, but you have to get to Trader Joe's (is that still around?)

I'm envisioning a chart to compare tryptamines, to consolidate and help me choose for a first-in-a-decade voyage. Or has that been done here?

im more into mushrooms as got older ..but my friend gave me 1/4 hit of paper acid last summer and i got just little wall breathing … but i really didn't want to spend 8 hrs in the zone so all was good

I find LSD a lot easier than shrooms, all around, despite lasting twice as long. For me, a much more confident "fun" ride, can get boring as it goes on, so plan activities.

I'd encourage you to take the full-dose plunge, just start earlier--we old-timers need our rest.

You know, if you aren't as impecunious as I am [will come back to tripping, I promise] there are delicious IPA's out there that can get up to 9%. Most start at around 7% (over 8.5 is pushing it anyway, might as well go straight to Carlo Rossi, off to Takaa Vodka) and taste wonderful, with an extra hop sedative effect (only other member of the Cannabis family). Also barleywines can top 10%.

So, pay extra for a six-pack of Lagunitas IPA, drink a lot less than with a case of Bud Light, same money spent, less shame, better sleep. (Don't have plastic with screw caps though, bad for sneaking in backpacks.)

I say that cause Four Locos are firmly in POISON territory. But then, I'm diabetic, and even the extra alcohol can't keep that sugar down. And Two-Buck Chuck is half the price, but you have to get to Trader Joe's (is that still around?)

I'm envisioning a chart to compare tryptamines, to consolidate and help me choose for a first-in-a-decade voyage. Or has that been done here?

Yah dunno whats even in 4 loco anymore since they pulled all the caffeine out qround 2011... But shit works.

Trust me, I live IPAS. ive done the math. ~8% ipa in 12oz can/6 pack for $8-9 vs Bud Ice tall boys at 5.5%/16oz/6 pack. About the same amount and I save $4. Just downed a Steel Reserve 22oz for $1.29. Family was grocery shopping with my grandma and I wanted a beer...

Sat outside vaping and drinkng it, wrapped in a grocery bag on the ground behind the bench, only in my hand while drinking. On the phone with my dad... Fucking police SUV pulls up and parkals at the store entrance ten feet from me. Wait two minutes, get up and wqlk off... Fuck a PI charge. Came back and finished the can when the police left.

Wtf were they doing there. Arrested no one. Im guessing they wanted some food and were to self-important to park in a space. Fuck them ALL