• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Anyone else have this experience? Benzos and drinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mabey224

Greenlighter
I drank last night with my normal mild dose of Clonezpam (.5mg) plus 2 shots of vodka, drank over a period of 2 hrs. I made sure I took it slow because of possible interaction. I ended up just getting tried and clear minded but not that euphoric drunkness with body high that I used to get before I was prescribed Clonezpam. I'm not sure if I should try drinking more or faster to get that effect or that I won't get that effect while taking this medication at all. Regardless, the main purpose of the post is harm reduction- I want to do this safely. Anyone else have similar experience? What can I do to read that alcohol induced euphoric state I used to get off of 2-3 drinks?

Combining benzodiazepines and alcohol is the quickest recipe for a blackout. I wouldn't combine these ever again, I have plenty of experience with Xanax and alcohol and it always resulted in my memory being wiped for the day.

If you want an alcohol buzz just take alcohol, if you want a benzo buzz just take benzos, don't mix them hoping for something better.

It's possible that your benzo use has messed with your gaba receptors in such a way that it effects the way you feel on alcohol. We will not inform you on the best way to get high, just the safest way.

Benzodiazepines and other CNS depressants including Alcohol are contradicted for many reasons including death.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.