• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Anyone else get bad anxiety when using psycadelics

I completely disagree. Meditation, while it is an amazing tool for both sobriety and psychedelics, is not a replacement for anti anxiety drugs in the case of a psychedelic crisis. Even being an experienced meditator myself, it took me a while to learn how to adapt this to the psychedelic state.
I also notice that after a meditation session on mushrooms, the visuals will become more intense and noticeable even after opening my eyes. Sometimes meditation works better than benzos, but sometimes it just thrusts you deeper into the state you're already in. It's always good to keep benzos around in case of an emergency, and to say otherwise goes against the premise of harm reduction.

There are certain risks you take on when you ingest psychs. You have to be prepared for the worst. Better to be safe than sorry.

PS, the LSD was tested, so there is no chance of it being some RC.
I guide my trips with meditation.Meditating on the come up, I ask for what I wish to accomplish during the psychedelic voyage.If the voyage isn't going exactly my way, I meditate to gently guide it back on course.If I experience any negativity or anxiety, I meditate to clear my mind, and it quickly vanishes.I have never taken any downers or Benzos in my life, and I have taken hundreds of psychedelic voyages,sometimes on massive doses.It works, if you believe in yourself, and your personal power.It's a tool anyone can completely count on, if learned correctly.A deep meditation is a psychedelic experience all by itself.That is why it is reported that meditation masters can take huge amounts of psychedelics and hardly get off.They have already been there, and can control themselves, and their trips.I have been meditating for over 40 years and agree.

Given enough experience meditation is the best and only necessary troubleshooter for psychedelics. But I think the average person would find benzos more reliable, if less fulfilling.

psychedelics aren't for everyone. some people simply can't handle them and should avoid using them. make sure to be in a positive state of mind when dosing psychedelics.

Yeah, I used to take 2.5mg of Diazepam before a trip, it's easier to handle. I use to do that when I trip alone, otherwise while with friends I only use benzo in case of freakout :)

Personally I just don't find psychedelics enjoyable at all anymore. When I was a teenager I would experiment, but to be honest, I had a bad trip pretty much every time I used a psychedelic. I stay far away from them now.

I didn't get anxiety... until this place was oddly overwhelmed with people repeatedly posting abnormally extreme negative experiences on here.

I always enter my experiences thinking of my motive, asking myself my goal, and considering the results I desire. Thinking about these things gets me going in the expected direction. In general, our mental set heavily influences our psychedelic experiences nature.

An example is, if you were watching Citizenfour earlier in the day. Citizenfour is about the terrible things governments implement in attempting controlling the population, massive surveillance, ect. After watching Citizenfour perhaps your experience could lean towards suspicion of your government. You get the idea.

This process of thinking got me started on consciously creating positive environments I could experience psychedelics in. I also surround myself with good vibes before I consume the psychedelic. When I think positive thoughts and focus on comforting relaxing ideas my experiences are great.

Anxiety is common with psychedelics. They aren't pure recreation. If you can't deal with anxiety constructively and you don't have benzos on hand, maybe they aren't for you. As stated above set and setting are hugely important.

Weed is much more prone to causing anxiety, though. Do you have this issue with weed?
I smoke weed and sometimes randomly throughout the day get a small panic attacj but when i stop smoking everyday it gets less. I do have benzos but i dont want the trip to be any less intesne since its just a 2 g er. I usually get scared of the though of being stuck in that state. Last time i had a panic attack because i felt like i couldnt sit comfortably on the come up. I feel like now that i know what its pretty much like i can do it easier this time, ill have a kpin incase i feel anxious though

I get anxiety on the come up of most psychedelics. I actually need to basically hide away for the first 1.5-2 hours of acid because the anxiety and come up make me sick. Last time I didnt puke but usually i have pretrip anxiety and the come up manifests itself in a type of motion sickness and sensitivity to lights. This literally lasts for about 1-2 hours after i start coming up. I am also highly functioning on moderate to high doses of lsd so once the initial nausea passes i am literally 100% fine to interact with my parents, do simple math and any type of complex activity that uses my mind... during the come up i am not capable of comprehending much as trying to makes me sick and i am distracted.

If not for the fact that i am literally capable of all types of normal interaction on 3-5 hits of lsd maybe it wouldnt be the drug for me but like after the come up sickness i can do and have done everything. From going to the grocery store to buy food for the week, going to my classes in college parties, talking to my parents you name it. The faster and more crazy the activity the better for me. Its hard to put into words but basically the anxiety and motion sickness make me useless for 2 hours but not for a single moment after that, hell i even spoke to the police on 5 hits of acid about this dude who went insane in the neighborhood (completely unrelated to me and my friend at the time) had anxiety during the minor questioning but was essentially fine afterwards.

I think it really depends on who you are, acid and myself go together like me and myself, a perfect match.

Ill be doing some shrooms this weekend, i feel like i have been able to control anxiety attacks and i think i can handle the comeup shakes pretty good now. I also smoke daily and plan on smoking a kief bowl on the peak, hopefully that kicks in some visuals or something