• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anyone else feel they already have a tolerance their first time abusing something?

pinkinterrupted

Greenlighter
I'm an 18 yo female, I fluctuate in weight often but I'm usually between 120-135. I've always suspected I was a lightweight and I never thought it would take too much to get me high. I've been smoking weed for about four years but I've started smoking daily instead of just socially within the past month. To get a good high I usually smoke about half a gram (unless it's some really good weed). I've also started drinking more often and I've noticed that it takes a lot more to get me drunk then I would of guessed. Half a bottle of fireball only gets me a little past tipsy. I've also taken swigs straight from a bottle of vodka and only felt a bit fuzzy for five minutes. I've also started to take oxycodone. Last week was my first time and I started off at 30mg. I felt slightly euphoric. I woke up with scratches covering my chest and threw up. Now today I took about 40mg of Adderall XR to get me through my research paper but felt nothing.
It feels like I've already grown a tolerance to whatever I'm abusing when it's my first few times taking it. Does anyone else have this issue? Before I take something I look up other people experiences with the same dosage and prescription I plan on taking. I try to read the stories from people with the same gender,age, and weight as me so I get a better idea of what I'm getting into but I've never been as high as described.

Everyone is different, some people have higher natural tolerance to certain substances than others, it's normal. I'm not a big guy (slightly over 90 kg), but I've always been significantly tolerant to alcohol and slightly more tolerant than normal to opioids. But then again I'm a complete lightweight when it comes to stimulants - 200 mg caffeine will have me all jittery and tweaked out, and it only gets worse the longer I use it.

I don't think you can really do anything about it either, it's just the way you are.