• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Anyone else feel like they're in constant withdrawal all day everyday?

cdigital

Bluelighter
I'm on like .5-1mg of sub a day.

2-3 bars or kpins a day

I'm not in agony severe withdrawal, but some physiological feelings are there and the need to get off of OC is. I just do not feel peace and like a regular person without some sort of downer in me. I do not even want to get high anymore, just quit entirely.

Am I just not taking a high enough dose of sub? I do not want go go any higher than. It was hard to go from 8 to 6 to 4 to 2 to 1.
So I am setting a limit of 0.5 1mg of bupe a day a day because tapering is a bitch I know.

And the benz... those are legit for anxiety, and I have plenty of kpin, vals to taper off that.

So my main question is, am I going to be feeling shitty a long time? LOL

man, I've been going through the same thing, or rather was, I tapered down to .5mg 2/day, and when I would dose my sub (sublingually) I'd feel cool for about four hours, and then start to get really anxious at about noon, and then be counting down the clock until 3pm (which is when I take my 2mg of clonazepam and my second dose of suboxone).

what I did was raise my sub dose to 1mg 2xday, I refuse to go any higher than that, and intend on tapering back down to 1mg again, but this time around, I'm kind of unhappy with suboxone, I feel really hollow and depressed all the time. I don't blame all this on suboxone, but some of it is definitely the bupe, I feel a mood elevation or 'glow' for a couple hours after I dose, and then the next few hours I feel this uncomfortable kind of body buzz which is uncomfortable and unwanted. I'd really like to switch to kratom and see if that made me happier. I have been a heroin/opiate user for a long time, along with having a benzodiazepine dependancy as well, and just feel like no matter what, methadone or suboxone, the cravings are still extreme, the ORT is almost like a tease, but then without it I'm even more miserable. While I was waiting to get my subs I had used kratom, and remember feeling pretty nice on it, and would like to just go back to that, though I wonder if I'd find myself feeling the same way.

Oh hell yes and I am on 4 mg four times a day. Every six hours or so maybe less about dosing time I start getting hit cold feeling, sweets, return of tightness and tension without extricating pain although some, and never really feeling at ease. Bupe sucks and it's bullshit it's becoming the new opiate standard.

Edit: don't forget the intestinal pain that happens every dose as things loosen after being tight.

i had the same problem when i was on sub, four hours after my dose i would start to feel anxious and cold inside and start to count down til my next dose even though i would usually have to wait 12 hours between dosing in order to even feel the slightest twinge of warmth from the next dose.

now i am on kratom and i still deal with the same issue of being concerned withdrawal but its not nearly as bad as on the sub and i can actually feel my kratom dose after just 5 hours. i still want to get off but kratom actually gives me pain relief unlike sub (which stops giving me any beneficial effects completely after a few weeks on it).

Welcome to the club, we got milk cookies to the table on your right and permanent PAWS :/ everywhere else.

Wish I could do kratom man... I did like xx grams of some supposedly fire strain and was projectile vomiting for a hot minute.
c

Can someone PM me tincture/extract of the good stuff?

Last edited:

2-3 bars or kpins a day

I'm not in agony severe withdrawal, but some physiological feelings are there and the need to get off of OC is. I just do not feel peace and like a regular person without some sort of downer in me. I do not even want to get high anymore, just quit entirely.

Am I just not taking a high enough dose of sub? I do not want go go any higher than. It was hard to go from 8 to 6 to 4 to 2 to 1.
So I am setting a limit of 0.5 1mg of bupe a day a day because tapering is a bitch I know.

And the benz... those are legit for anxiety, and I have plenty of kpin, vals to taper off that.

man, I've been going through the same thing, or rather was, I tapered down to .5mg 2/day, and when I would dose my sub (sublingually) I'd feel cool for about four hours, and then start to get really anxious at about noon, and then be counting down the clock until 3pm (which is when I take my 2mg of clonazepam and my second dose of suboxone).

what I did was raise my sub dose to 1mg 2xday, I refuse to go any higher than that, and intend on tapering back down to 1mg again, but this time around, I'm kind of unhappy with suboxone, I feel really hollow and depressed all the time. I don't blame all this on suboxone, but some of it is definitely the bupe, I feel a mood elevation or 'glow' for a couple hours after I dose, and then the next few hours I feel this uncomfortable kind of body buzz which is uncomfortable and unwanted. I'd really like to switch to kratom and see if that made me happier. I have been a heroin/opiate user for a long time, along with having a benzodiazepine dependancy as well, and just feel like no matter what, methadone or suboxone, the cravings are still extreme, the ORT is almost like a tease, but then without it I'm even more miserable. While I was waiting to get my subs I had used kratom, and remember feeling pretty nice on it, and would like to just go back to that, though I wonder if I'd find myself feeling the same way.

Welcome to the boat, we got cookies ad appetizers, as well as permanent PAWS even while on the drugs lol.

I know the benz are working coz I can harass clients and potential customers and just be perfect in interaction. During those times, the dopamine from work and my passion for it make me feel okay. I don't get a hangover from sub, and the antidepressive qualities are a quite a miracle and amazig considering how many times o jumped off and off of i...

ca't stomach krtom man. to much organic plant matter lol ::vomit::

Oh hell yes and I am on 4 mg four times a day. Every six hours or so maybe less about dosing time I start getting hit cold feeling, sweets, return of tightness and tension without extricating pain although some, and never really feeling at ease. Bupe sucks and it's bullshit it's becoming the new opiate standard.

Edit: don't forget the intestinal pain that happens every dose as things loosen after being tight.

I actually love bupe. When i first dose, the antidepressive and keeping WD's were a godsend. But now I've become kind of dependent on my .5 siblihgual dose and look forward to it :(

Shit dude I'm not in that severe WD, mine is more the BZD mental unease more so than opiates physical symptoms.

ive never thrown up from kratom but its hard to swallow problem with extracts is they are expensive. i only use plain leaf so i cant recommend a good extract. but i am so much happier ok kratom than sub.

for one, kratom doesnt numb my emotions so i am able to do emotional healing even while on kratom. on opiates my personal growth stalls as i cant feel my emotions and only desire that opiate numb euphoria. i constantly think about my next dose and dissolving in opiate bliss is all i think about even though tolerance makes it hard to even ever do that.

on my kratom my life is much more normal (though i still really want to get off it) but it helps with pain, gives me energy (unlike opiates which make me want to spend my days on the sofa) and i dont constantly think about redosing. however if i have increased pain i can double my dose and get better effect whereas on sub taking more just means having to wait even longer to feel my next dose.

Bupe is used in microgram doses for pain and when taking in micrograms it actually has a much shorter Half-life. More in the 2.2-8 hr. Range if I'm not mistaken. I'll try to find the link to the study I got that info from but it might be beneficial to either wait it out and let your body adjust or consider dosing more frequently.

If you look around section 5 of the link you should see what I'm talking about. And I was wrong...it's more like 2.2-5 hours. The brand name of the bupe used for this is Temegesic.

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/1876

If you're finding it hard to keep down you could grind it up and put it in capsules. They're cheap and pretty easy to find. Might help get it down and keep it there without the nasty taste.

I'm held on .25-.75 mg./day average about .5mg. but I do it the naughty way so the bioavailability is tripled. It's more like .75 - 2.25mg. daily and I dose 2x/day sometimes...but that's because I have a needle fetish :8

Last edited:

2-3 bars or kpins a day

Regardless of how you put it, what you took while using Heroin, you have to give back during withdrawal. Taking feels good, giving back feels bad. So it's a draw, but the risk of overdose coupled with the illegal activity makes it not worth it. Opioids in general are a bad deal. What you get, you have to give back, you'll barely break even in the end. It's why I don't use them recreationally.

I don't know if you ^ are saying that the withdrawals from whatever your full agonist was when you induct yourself on buprenorphine are just lying dormant and then released when you get off buprenorphine, but if that's correct, you're completely wrong. You're not withdrawing from the full agonist, you withdrawing from the buprenorphine.

Anyway, I've read that business about lower dosages having a smaller half life too, which is really confusing to me. I mean, it definitely feels like that's the case, but I didn't think a drugs half life could change depending on what dose you take. For instance, the prescribing information for Buprenex (buprenorphine injectable ampules) claims that the mean half life for an intravenous dose of .3mg (which is equivalent to 1mg SL) is 2.2 hours???! Buprenex Prescribing Infol

Then, the Temgesic Prescribing Info says that buprenorphine has a half life of 2 to 5 hours.

This makes no sense, can someone with a greater understanding please clear this up!???

I don't know if you ^ are saying that the withdrawals from whatever your full agonist was when you induct yourself on buprenorphine are just lying dormant and then released when you get off buprenorphine, but if that's correct, you're completely wrong. You're not withdrawing from the full agonist, you withdrawing from the buprenorphine.

Anyway, I've read that business about lower dosages having a smaller half life too, which is really confusing to me. I mean, it definitely feels like that's the case, but I didn't think a drugs half life could change depending on what dose you take. For instance, the prescribing information for Buprenex (buprenorphine injectable ampules) claims that the mean half life for an intravenous dose of .3mg (which is equivalent to 1mg SL) is 2.2 hours???! Buprenex Prescribing Infol

Then, the Temgesic Prescribing Info says that buprenorphine has a half life of 2 to 5 hours.

This makes no sense, can someone with a greater understanding please clear this up!???

IV has shorter half life than oral, for all substances not just bupre.

IV has shorter half life than oral, for all substances not just bupre.

No, that's false. The only reason a drug would last for a shorter time when introduced IV rather than oral is because of the faster onset, not duration of effect. If a drug should last 5 hours and is injected at exactly noon, it will be worn off at 5 PM, give or take a little for differences in metabolism. If taken orally at noon, it will take around 45 minutes to start working, making it wear off around 5:45 PM. Some drugs differ, but that's how it works most of the time. And just because the half-life is 2.2 hours for example, that has no correlation to legnth of effectiveness. The half-life is just the rate of elimination, not duration of effect.

No, that's false. The only reason a drug would last for a shorter time when introduced IV rather than oral is because of the faster onset, not duration of effect. If a drug should last 5 hours and is injected at exactly noon, it will be worn off at 5 PM, give or take a little for differences in metabolism. If taken orally at noon, it will take around 45 minutes to start working, making it wear off around 5:45 PM. Some drugs differ, but that's how it works most of the time. And just because the half-life is 2.2 hours for example, that has no correlation to legnth of effectiveness. The half-life is just the rate of elimination, not duration of effect.

science said:
Half-Life:

A biological half-life or elimination half-life is the time it takes for a substance (drug, radioactive nuclide, or other) to lose one-half of its pharmacologic, physiologic, or radiological activity. In a medical context, the half-life may also describe the time that it takes for the concentration of a substance in blood plasma to reach one-half of its steady-state value (the "plasma half-life").

Steady state is when the derivative dC/dT is zero. For the half life to be the same in IV as well as oral, steady state must be reached after the same amount of time.

Please explain how steady state is reached after the same amount of time with oral as well as IV.

P.S. Nevermind, I found it, read a paper, eventhough the peak plasma concentrations occur at a different time, the half-life is the same because of how they calculate it. All good, you're right. Then no I have no idea why the figures are different, they should be the same.

The way they calculate half-life is really counter intuitive tho.

Last edited: