• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe anyone else feel if they MOVED everything would be better!?

IMtrying

Ex-Bluelighter
I am on Suboxone; 8MG/day and always feel fine when just taking the Suboxone but still mess up every once in a while; its not something that happens often but still happens because its THERE and I am ABLE TO DO IT; but anytime I am NOT able to use because I am around the GF or I am on a vacation, I think NOTHING of it and time goes by w/o a problem in the world.

it makes me think, if I moved outside of where I live I would have OK and have no problems whatsoever, right? assuming I dont meet a dope dealer on day one, lol. but seriously, it just seems so easy when its not there and not in my face. anytime I go to FL, NC, CA, etc, I never ask or even think of such a thing; all I need is my 8MG of Suboxone in the AM and I have a smile on my face the whole day. but once I get back to my home state, the questions start to run in the head, asking me what I should do, where I should go, what the "right" decision would be for today, etc.

so, there are times I just think I am better off elsewhere, right? WHY NOT JUST MOVE and SAVE MY LIFE and get out of this shithole I live in now. by shithole I do not mean a bad place in the US but a bad place for me to be because its the ground where I grew up and where I became a junkie and just know the people/streets all too well. I actually know people in other parts of the US where I would be able to try and make a move but what stops me is medical problems that are outside of addiction or else I think my move would have already been made.

anyone else feel like this? that all it takes is it a move for you to quit but yet you cannot get out?

yeah i think the exact same thing when im outta town it never even crosses my mind but as sson as cross that city line an i know i can if i want its a battle of wills in my head. i think about it all the time, just make a fresh start somewhere new.

that can help sometimes but these days with the existence of darknet that temptation has the potential to follow where ever there is internet.

unfortunately pal, drugs are all over the world, I thought going from UK to Australia I'd have a break but, they were just more expensive. they love crystal meth down there.

You have to want to stop in your own head no matter where you are and maybe have a group of friends who dont use drugs. Thats what I wanna try anyway, coz my coke habit is getting out of hand now. :(

I was able to stay clean for 6 months by sub maintenance and changing my number. But I basically did that for my girlfriend. We broke up and now I'm back out again. I've never been able to do it for myself.

Just a thought, but moving to a different part of town, getting rid of all info on your phone to your former connects, hanging with sober friends rather than those who used to get high with you etc. may help. Retraining your brain to associate other things than drugs with your surroundings can help. And it's cheaper than relocating. Are you just going to bring your problems with you?

no but i used to wish i could be in an accident and have amnesia for like a year so i could have a break from being me.

I always feel like shit would be way better if I were somewhere else. I live in a small town in indiana so it is just dead here lot of idiots everywhere...I'd like to get somewhere a bit less republican, hopefully west someday...I'm also on sub, have been for years...doesn't matter where u go tho when it comes to dope It is everywhere and you don't have to be too clever to get it

Wherever you go, there you are.

Love this quote....made my day.

You can go to the moon and eventually a guy is gunna step out from behind a moonrock and say first ones free. Location doesn't matter, it is all mentality. You stated you have a negative mental state when you use... use this as the grain of sand that moves a mountain.

I have been moving since my husband passed and I got out of the military. Running don't work. Your brain comes with you. I've moved 6 times in a couple years trying to get away from myself so to speak. All its caused is isolation and proved drugs can be found anywhere

:\ Yes.

At 54, my body is riddled with pain from trauma and disease, multiple surgeries, and chemotherapy. I live in MS, where I do not have access to even try the possibility of MMJ.

The opiates I've tried through pain management have paralyzed my already unhealthy GI system. I'm told Cannabis oils might help inflammation/save my colon. I know there are no magical potions, but FML...Can't I at least try the oils? I have horrific depression as a constant companion to pain. The oil would need a small amount of THC, which isn't legal here.

Believe me, I'd order it if I could. I don't trust the online charlatans who promote their "hemp oil" etc.

My husband begs me "baby, let's sell everything and move to CO". He doesn't want to see me suffer any more. So, yea...I think if we moved, perhaps everything would be better.

But then again, at this point, I've given up hope of "better". I'm seriously considering hitting the EXIT. I truly believe my husband of 35 years would be better off without me.

RT
But then again, at this point, I've given up hope of "better". I'm seriously considering hitting the EXIT. I truly believe my husband of 35 years would be better off without me.

Hey there. I'm sorry you feel that way. In my experience tho, your husband would not be better off or happier without you. My wife had medical and mainly mental issues that required my constant care and attention, and you know how her sudden death and absence from my life has devastated me. He seems to love you lots if he is willing to uproot and move to CO just to help you feel better. I'm sure you 'taking the next Exit' would break him down. Keep on keepin' on

Last edited:
Dixie, stop that. Seriously, you have no idea what damage you can leave behind when you hit the "Exit" button.

I moved away to get out of the drug scene , I was clean for about 6-7 months and met those people again.. IMO you just have to decide in your head you're ready to be sober

Moving will not make things better. If you're a real junkie you'll be able to score no matter where you are.

Moving will not make things better. If you're a real junkie you'll be able to score no matter where you are.

I wish I could favorite this, Not trying to glamorize being a junkie but its true you just keep running into those types of people. You have to make the choice for yourself moving will not fix it. Just nut up and quit if you're serious about it.