• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

anyone else able to eat on methamphetamine?

dankhead88

Bluelighter
it's strange. I'm sure it's just the rise of tolerance, but has anyone else been able to easily eat on meth and actually get hungry from not eating? I've IV'd meth, smoked meth, snorted meth, and orally taken them, but somehow when my stomach say I'm hungry. I'm able to eat a bowl of cereal or eat a sandwich(with a lot of water of course). I do NOT get nausea from meth anymore. Which probably ain't a good thing. :-\

It's normal. As you said, it's due to tolerance. When I was a daily amphetamine user (not meth though) I'd also get hungry like normal and after a while I was able to eat normal-sized meals. Not that I enjoyed eating very much, but it wasn't a 'problem' either.

When I first started using amphetamines, I used them whenever, and I never had any appetite. No eating, plus plenty of activity, meant my weight went down.

Temporarily.

Later on, I was always mornings only and still if I score, I use it in the mornings. I eat breakfast first.

By noon I would be hungry enough to eat a light lunch. By dinner I would be hungry enough to eat an average size meal.

I get up early and I've had trouble waking up in the a.m. since I was a kid. If I have a little meth to get me out the door, it's helpful but the effects wear off by midday. My tolerance is up because I overused the substance in past. Eating, wearing off midday, sleeping fine at night, are all signs that my tolerance is up.

My use is therefore down to near nothing. Meth works better than a five hour energy drink for me, to get me started in the a.m. but I can talk myself into believing I just had a couple bumps when the sun hasn't come up yet and I'm getting ready to go. If I can't seem to pull my ass out of bed, I can usually imagine the physical effects snorting a line and get that taste in the back of my throat. That works for me.

Phantom meth. For when you just can't get your day started. %)

when im smoking meth, i can eat. but i dont smoke my meth anymore, and i dont use meth that often. if its d-methamp i can almost always eat.

i think this is a good thing. eating is a necessity and incorporating it into drug use can only be a good thing imo

When I started using MDMA, I didn't have any appetite. Now sometimes I do, near the end of it.
Normally on 4-FA, I'm not hungry. But when I used it the other day, I did get hungry, it was really weird!
I get hungry on Adderall although Adderall doesn't really work for me so I don't know if that even counts.

When I first started using ice (and for pretty much the entirety of the year I was addicted to it), I couldn't eat at all. Couldn't eat or sleep. It would feel like food would expand in my mouth and it would make the roof of my mouth/back of my throat raw as I chewed/swallowed, respectively. When I've done it since conquering my addiction, I don't have problems eating or sleeping even if I smoke .5g at a time.

When I first started using ice (and for pretty much the entirety of the year I was addicted to it), I couldn't eat at all. Couldn't eat or sleep. It would feel like food would expand in my mouth and it would make the roof of my mouth/back of my throat raw as I chewed/swallowed, respectively. When I've done it since conquering my addiction, I don't have problems eating or sleeping even if I smoke .5g at a time.

Nice! Yeah, it's strange, but I can actually get some power naps here and there. I guess there are good things for tolerance sometimes. Although, when I do eat on methamp, I get hungrier MUCH faster. Guess it's due to the sympathetic nervous system? It would be an hour since I ate, then I would actually start feeling hungry again.

When I started using MDMA, I didn't have any appetite. Now sometimes I do, near the end of it.
Normally on 4-FA, I'm not hungry. But when I used it the other day, I did get hungry, it was really weird!
I get hungry on Adderall although Adderall doesn't really work for me so I don't know if that even counts.

it's strange, but adderall does the exact opposite for me. I tend to dry heave often due to the sympathomimetic effects of levoamphetamine.

Last edited:
Nice! Yeah, it's strange, but I can actually get some power naps here and there. I guess there are good things for tolerance sometimes. Although, when I do eat on methamp, I get hungrier MUCH faster. Guess it's due to the sympathetic nervous system? It would be an hour since I ate, then I would actually start feeling hungry again.

WORD. You get really hungry on meth, but eating with a dry, oversensitive mouth is really difficult so you just ignore the hunger. I like to smoke/snort it and then immediately eat a meal so that I can get a decent amount of food in quickly, and that helps the crash a LOT. IME the mouth discomfort only comes at the crash, so if I eat immediately, the appetite suppression can sort of be ignored, and you can just force it down without any difficulty.

Last edited:
It was always a huge struggle for me. Whether it was recreational or when I was full-blown addicted, smoked, snorted or shot, it was fucking hard to eat normal food.
I'd keep hydrated as much as possible and would get hungry. When it came to actually eating, it felt like I was chewing on a piece of shoe leather or something. Swallowing a bite felt like swallowing a rock.
I ended up eating yogurt, spaghetti, etc. Soft foods that could be swallowed without much chewing. Everything about eating felt wrong with that drug. Strange, lovely meth.

I have much experience with amps, but tonight I actually tried meth for the first time. I was incredibly surprised that I could eat. And it was a pizza at that!

This leads me to wondering if amphetamine tolerance has any bearing on your body's reaction to methamphetamines?

Once you get used to it, it's easy to eat (even voraciously) while on methamphetamine.

Ah, okay. I just wasn't positive. I only have done meth on one occasion (drawn out over a few days) and I insufflated. I wasn't sure if maybe what I got wasn't that good or what, because it didn't get me "blasted" at all. With that being said, I have a horrible tolerance to amphetamines because of a very prolonged relationship with them. I didn't know if it was naive to assume that perhaps I wasn't as susceptible to meth because of that or not. Thanks for clearing that up!

I ate like a dozen or so big smore sized marshmellos. And i'm pretty high on meth. Wish i had some gram crackers n chocolate.

Hell yeah I can eat no matter how much dope I smoke and I've been eating like a normal sober person on it for years now. It's definitely cuz my tolerance is high as fuck because when I first started smoking shit (like for the first 6 months) I couldn't eat hardly anything and I had to force myself because it made me gag and I got skinny as fuck and looked horrible. I got back to normal pretty quickly though because I quit for a month then when I relapsed, I was able to eat while high and my appetite became normal. I use daily and every daily user I know eats normally also. Sometimes I feel like meth even gives me the munchies. Smoking a big fat bowl after pigging out is like the best feeling ever because after I eat a lot I start to feel a little tired like I'm begginning to come down a little but when I hit the pipe I feel extra high. I can also sleep on it. I sleep almost every night for atleast 4 hours but occasionally binge (stay up for days) just cuz it's fun.

when i smoke meth i can easily go 12 to 16 hours without eating a single thing, just water and chewing gum. I love the way meth curbs your appetite however when i do eat a small meal or even a banana after the 16 hours the food tastes so good and satisfy's me sooooo good. Although the day after i've slept off the meth i tend to pig out on food, i don't really lose any weight from my meth use which is a pity seeing as i'm almost technically obese from seroqaul. I also drink beer to handle the come down so my calorie intake is pretty healthy for a tweaker.

when i smoke meth i can easily go 12 to 16 hours without eating a single thing, just water and chewing gum. I love the way meth curbs your appetite however when i do eat a small meal or even a banana after the 16 hours the food tastes so good and satisfy's me sooooo good. Although the day after i've slept off the meth i tend to pig out on food, i don't really lose any weight from my meth use which is a pity seeing as i'm almost technically obese from seroqaul. I also drink beer to handle the come down so my calorie intake is pretty healthy for a tweaker.

I'm the same way. Food just isn't on my radar when I'm on a meth high. But like you said, when i start to come down boy do i eat! I have a friend who is a hardcore meth head and he eats like it ain't nothing after doing a huge shot of IV methamp. I just can't wrap my mind around that one...

I've always been able to eat, even the very first time I tried it. Usually some fruit or something. Tonight I'm seriously sick to my stomach after eating. Any thoughts on why this could be?

anyone who has developed some tolerance is able to eat, sometimes even more while ON meth, i noticed back when i used everyday that when i took my first big hit, i immediately felt hungry, i guess it´s just the body aknowledging the drugs and therefore it asks for food since it knows how you behave while on drugs... its basically your body warning you. dont worry ;)