• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Anyone disciplined with their usage?

michael6120

Bluelighter
I'm scratching my head over the idea of lightly splurging with meth again. It's been 4-5 years since I last had a smoke.

I dont know if I'm making excuses or not, but after having a few years to look back there are many things I would of done different which I am in a position to do so now. I guess life itself is an entire learning experience.

These days I am in a position where I am on the same income but working fewer days, I have a solid 3/4 days off in a row each week now. In the past I would try cram my use into a 5-6 working day week and it was just idiotic, therefore it affected my work life with the fatigue.

I would always smoke first thing at 10-11pm and instantly lose a nights sleep. If I did it again I would always aim for use first thing in the morning.
In the past I would score some product and have to "get into it" as soon as I got home. I've actually had some product around for a few weeks and havent come close to pulling it out. With my alcohol and weed I have stuck to disciplined use and making promises to myself and keeping them. The big one for me was powdered speed, years gone by once I started I had to go hard and go ALL night...(just like the crystal) but now I can have 1 line at say 8pm and not touch it again and be in bed by 2am.

I am definitely disciplined lately with all my other substances and I feel I have control over it all.

But crystal is so much more powerful and I still worry thinking about how it controlled myself years ago, like all the other drugs I mentioned although I tamed everything else. But this is next level..

Anyone else here managed to stay disciplined with use? Or am I kidding myself? If you think I'm kidding myself please tell me and I'll stay clear if the numbers are clearly against me.

You appear to be logical, seeing different angles and so on, yet your post reeks of denial.

Definitely kidding yourself my friend, as you are well aware <3

Drug addiction usually defies rationality. I'm sure you are a very intelligent person and can come up with a great plan for moderate use but whether you'll be able to follow through with it is a different story.

You can't predict how your emotions will effect your decision making once you are using again. I'm not necessarily trying to dissuade you, just trying to be realistic.

I used heroin for a while. I thought id be disciplined with my "usage". I told myself id only use once or twice a week, only at night times. Awhile later that turned into 3-4 x's a week. Weeks after.. that turned into every single day. I am VERY tough-minded, but certain drugs (whether its heroin or meth) can and WILL beat you. No matter how strong you are.

I know a few people who used heroin daily and held down a job for 5+ years I would say that takes a level of discipline that I don't have.

My use of Amphetamines is way more disciplined than most friends I have who use amps too a lot of my friends will smoke a bowl of meth any time of the day or night routinely go for multiple days without sleep & have been using daily for years on end with no breaks

Compared to myself now
Use an average of 1-2 days a week
(Still sleep on the days I use )
Plus I won't use any later than 2:30PM-3:00PM
Keep doses small like 1-3 hits if vaping it or 10mg-20mg oral D-methamphetamine
Plus I have not injected methamphetamine in couple years but 6+year's ago it was the only way I'd use it

I was very disciplined with my heroin usage because I was living at home and there was expectations I had to always keep in mind so my parents wouldn't know. It really kept me in line. However, with meth, for most of my use I have lived on my own so this was more trial and error. I just keep my priorities in mind and try to limit myself to using at max once a week. I did that when i first started but I went downhill there for a bit but back on track now. And for me, I just make observations if I'm overdoing it or I note that I am doing good. By being honest with myself like that, I am able to stop myself if I'm trying to overdo it or am becoming problematic. Just know yourself, prioritize, be honest with yourself, and take care of yourself. Have some structure since it really helps with making a routine of it and sticking to that routine.

PROBLEM WITH METH....all it takes is one dose to go from regular life to homelessness....but i used to go through 300 x 15 mg dex in 5 days and cripple my prescription for adhd...i got to the point where i'd smoke a gram in half hour and feel nothing....no even with having my daily dispense taken from me because the gov wants to save money i'm able to manage a weekly blister...really dug myself into a hole. and it has taken like 4 years to fix it and i'm still fighting to adjust...so easy to go from one line too loosing everything in a blink of an eye...i really can't ever have more than a week in my house...meth just doesn't do much for me anymore..i'm 37 and the high has changed..also i'm fighting for my son from it..but compared to 4 years ago i've come light years...more about my medicinal and balance..but i do believe some people can control it well...just if you want to get into it ..snort rails or parachute(eat) it...injecting and smoking are life destroyers...advice..rails last usually 2 hours...just be careful if you are at day 5 of being up..they are nutty...been doing meth since 1999...only because i was kicked out of foster care, cut off dex and no doc, no home, n o life skills and mentally ill...i listened to this fuckhead that said meth is the same as my meds..it is not...if you are smoking it though..i doubt you may have the self control...you wanna be safe don't be a pussy, snort it..burns like a mofo...if you are finding you are needing a stimulant again.maybe get looked at for adhd....but i think most people can't control it...it can get you very ill, cause brain damage..key is with that stuff long ass breaks..couple times a year..only way to sustain every day amphetamines is to go big pharma...0 to 3 years from healthy to death..gl!!!! ADHD meds and meth are NOT THE FUCKING SAME....but damn..i do love putting shit up my nose....

I can be disciplined with my use, and I try to be... however, when I had easy access to inexpensive and potent RC stims (4FA, ethylphenidate) it did actually become impossible to moderate. Now if I decide to enjoy euphoric substances, like methamphetamine, for example, I make sure to only keep enough to keep me high for one day so there's no other option but to call it a day and recover after I've had my fun. It does not always work.

Last edited:
1 Day?? i need at least a half ball 'if' i'm gonna do it..i'm usually pretty content with my big pharma meds butttt cravings or triggers can pop outta nowhere

I appreciate the reply’s everyone.

I ended up having a go.. and as far as the result went, it could not gone gone better. I promised myself I wouldn’t smoke more than a bowl and I didn’t even finish the bowl off. This was a week ago. Of course were are slight cravings but I’ve taught myself to control myself as mentioned in my first post. I want to feel the high every so often but I never ever want to repeat old mistakes. I didn’t sleep for a night but I didn’t suffer a bad comedown due to the fact I stuck to my small amount and took care of myself with water, ate LOTS and took vitamins, fish oil. Best thing of all is I felt no guilt during the subsequent days because I stayed true to my plan and didn’t over do it. The real test is keeping strict EVERY single future session.

I started doing meth several weeks ago, slamming a gram a day for four days straight.

Then i became broke.

The following week i snorted half a ball in a day.

Then i became broke.

The next week i snorted a 40 bag.

Etc.

Now i'm clean, again, because i'm broke.

If i had the money i'd probably keep going, but knowing that i need money for food and basic necessities is what is keeping me clean. I am an accounting major, so i suggest you make a budget for your usage and keep it minimal. Maybe writing down all your expenses, then putting "METH" on the line and having a relatively small number, will make you feel better. As opposed to, say: Rent - $1,200 / Food - $200 / METH - $5,000.

Putting meth next to the other numbers will provide you with some insight, and hopefully keep you a casual smoker.

You feel me?

Just the way you have written your post already tells me you are goin to struggle eventually. There is a part of you that loves meth. And eventually it will become overpowering. Happens to literally almost anyone that goes down that rabbit hole. I was able to control my meth usage and said I'd only do it when my friends had it. Said I'd only snort it. Lasted maybe a month. Then said fuck it and smoked. Soon it was almost everyday before I became disgusted with myself and got off the streets. Haven't touched it since but I can't say I don't miss it. I won't touch it again because I know what it does to me and people's brains. So fiendy.

Be careful dude. It's not just you, it's neurochemistry. Life is unpredictable as well and you never know whens shit will hit the fan and you have a ball stashed. Playing with fire.

Good luck :)

Yes I've used it successfully with discipline. However you'd be much better off using straight amphetamine because meth lasts too long, meaning its gonna fuck with your sleeping patterns and therefore mental health

Hey there,

It feels amazing when I'm clean and have no trouble staying awake, never drink coffee and sleep like a baby. But, unfortunately (and it doesn't matter why), several events occurred that put me into the "Ill smoke a little," one time visiting an old friend, then it slowly, but gradually went from a few times a month to weekly, then every day almost, but still wanting to keep my foot in the memory that I feel a million times better when I'm not poisoning myself. Went back to work and then it was only a little after work and bed by 10, but now almost two years later, I am using every day, a bowl before I leave for work (and I have to alot at least 30 minutes for that luxury), and then as many as I can smoke after work -- depending on my mood and if I feel like crap because of the indigestion I have from it occasionally -- and if I feel awake and push it, I will go to work after an all nighter, but don't do any EVER out of my house and thankfully I get a second wind around Noon and then feel absolutely fine and feel like I've slept. It's wierd.

I've never expressed this truth to anyone or any place ever. But that is my truth. And I hate it, but I'm bored and miserable right now.

Stay away from the shit. It's not worth it. I wish I could remember what it feels like to be drug free again. The memory faded.

i'm disciplined cos i take no longer than 2 days in a row because by the third day it's pointless no effects just stimmed and awake