• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Anyone been to rehab in Western Australia?

Blankenstein

Bluelighter
Anyone been to rehab in Western Australia? Any places to avoid? Any places that you rate highly?

Thanks

Yep...Serenity Lodge
106 Lewington St, Rockingham WA 6168

I was there 20 years ago....bloody hell...time flies.

Yep...Serenity Lodge
106 Lewington St, Rockingham WA 6168

I was there 20 years ago....bloody hell...time flies.
I guess things would have changed a bit in 20 years! But someone at NA mentioned that to me a few days ago actually I think?

Do you recall how long you stayed there for?

Did it help much going there?

G'day mate.
After struggling for months with alcohol, AA meetings and all that happy crap, I booked myself in to hopefully stop once and for all. Typically, one would remain there for around 10 weeks.
I left during week 4 to be home for my son's birth. It was worth it though. Apart from a few minor set-backs, I got sober and still to this day. It's the only place like that where I've been, so I'm not sure how it compares.
Everyone there seemed compelled to be there - either to save a marriage or other family relationships, in anticipation of criminal charges following a drunken crash etc, in the hopes to regain custody of children, or as a condition of parole or sentencing. It wasn't easy for me to remain, with no one compelling me to stay lol. Each day there was a one-on-one meeting with a designated councilor. Mine was good. A hard-ass type. Exactly what I needed.
Everything was pretty good there, all things considered. The other addicts are the best medicine for each other I think. If you can get there, I'd say go for it.
I'm pretty sure welfare will cover the costs. They had an in-house welfare officer who took care of that.
It was long ago. Who knows...they might have improved over time :)

G'day mate.
After struggling for months with alcohol, AA meetings and all that happy crap, I booked myself in to hopefully stop once and for all. Typically, one would remain there for around 10 weeks.
I left during week 4 to be home for my son's birth. It was worth it though. Apart from a few minor set-backs, I got sober and still to this day. It's the only place like that where I've been, so I'm not sure how it compares.
Everyone there seemed compelled to be there - either to save a marriage or other family relationships, in anticipation of criminal charges following a drunken crash etc, in the hopes to regain custody of children, or as a condition of parole or sentencing. It wasn't easy for me to remain, with no one compelling me to stay lol. Each day there was a one-on-one meeting with a designated councilor. Mine was good. A hard-ass type. Exactly what I needed.
Everything was pretty good there, all things considered. The other addicts are the best medicine for each other I think. If you can get there, I'd say go for it.
I'm pretty sure welfare will cover the costs. They had an in-house welfare officer who took care of that.
It was long ago. Who knows...they might have improved over time :)
Thanks for taking the time to respond 🙂.

Yeh I was pretty motivated to wanting to go to rehab at the time of posting this thread. My motivation has since wavered, but I suppose that’s part of the nature of the beast.

I dont know what sort of duration you have in mind. But a friend reminded me about Cyrenian House. Apparently we went to one of the info sessions years ago, which i have no memory of ofc.

They have a bunch of different programs & locations. 1 year is the longest i think.
Youd have to call em. Maybe one of them will suit your needs. ;)

Anyone been to rehab in Western Australia? Any places to avoid? Any places that you rate highly?

Thanks
What drug u going to rehab for? How old are u? Years using? Etc a lot of thwt info helps a lil to tell u how long u shud stay at the very least...