• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Anyone able to use tramadol without using 24/7?

NerdOnDrugs

Bluelighter
I've been a tramadol addict for 5 years. I'm one of those people who gets off on tramadol almost as much as OCs, and with a major mood boost and energy to work at mundane tasks. I have friends who feel practically nothing from them, non-opiate users too with no tolerance... I consider my special affinity for it a gift and a curse.

I went off for 6 months... went straight into a lethargic depression after acute WDs wore off. For a while I attributed it to PAWs, but then I came to accept this is how I am now.

A month ago I gave in... not not wanting to become addicted again, and especially wanting to enjoy sex with my girlfriend (trams kill my libido, making erections hard to sustain, and orgasms almost out of reach) and started using for one day on (just 150mgs), then for days off. This seems to be enough, and I use it to get tons of work done on my on days with no withdrawals or tolerance.

I only wish to keep this up. Has anyone here been able to do something similar? Either sporadic use or spreading your use apart? Thanks so much.

Sporadic use of tramadol is fine, but dependence and tolerance will still develop with regular usage of any drugs.

Your body adapts.

How much tramadol is currently available to me is directly related to how much tramadol I will be taking, lol. If I have way too many, I'll probably binge on them. If I only have enough to last a couple days at a time I can really stretch them out.

But yet, like sekio said, your body will adapt. Let's say you take tramadol twice a week on the same days for 6 months, and suddenly skip a week, you will most certainly notice and probably be uncomfortable at the very least. Try to change it up.

I haven't had to go sans medication yet, but I'm pretty sure as long as I had some type of opioid in my system I could do without them. I take 240/month, but if I had enough vicodin I could make do I believe. Dunno how the lower levels of serotonin and norepinephrin left in the synapse would do me, but the opioid receptors would be taken care of. I've heard that discontinuation syndrome sucks though (anti-depressant withdrawal). lol

Two years ago I was a chipper and swore that I could stay a chipper. I knew the risks of dependency and addiction. Any mu-opioid agonist / partial agonist is going to eventually cause psychological cravings (addiction) with regular use (exception being low risk of addiction if you are taking opis for chronic pain and you don't exceed the therapeutic dose). It's not a weakness, it's just the human condition.

If you do start using it habitually I would suggest finding something other than Tramadol as Trams are SSRIs which give them more potential long term impacts especially in higher doses where seizures become a risk.

Actually, it's an opioid agonist with moderate affinity for the mu receptors and is a very weak SNRI. It affects the re-uptake of both norepinephrine and serotonin; though, I think it does affect the serotonin more. I'd have to look it up again.

Last edited:
It's easier to be a chipper once you've already been addicted. Most people might think this is ass backwards but in my experience it's not. Somtimes adding a little opiates to your system can help you out if you've been addicted. I usually take somthing for my back about once-twice a week when it really bugs me. I've been able to do this for quite some time and when I dont need it I dont take it.

I'm sure you can take them once in awhile when you feel like you really need a lift. But dont take them more then twice a week for longer then 2 weeks in a row. Take many breaks and only use them occasionaly and yeah you'll be fine. Dont start breaking the rules and say oh just this one time i'm going to get high. Or just let me get high one last time. No, if that's the type of person you are then this wont work for you and you'll end up addicted again. But i'm sure the withdrawals must of been bad enough after 5 years for you to not want to get put in that position again.

Tread lightly.

I haven't had to go sans medication yet, but I'm pretty sure as long as I had some type of opioid in my system I could do without them. I take 240/month, but if I had enough vicodin I could make do I believe. Dunno how the lower levels of serotonin and norepinephrin left in the synapse would do me, but the opioid receptors would be taken care of. I've heard that discontinuation syndrome sucks though (anti-depressant withdrawal). lol

This. Tramadol is tricky because withdrawal from it is not only opioid withdrawal...but also SNRI withdrawal. At the same time.

Tramadol is really strong to me, stronger than hydrocodone, since my CYP2D6 enzymes are different than most. I've found that my once-daily dosing of opiates (most days) gets tricky when I start taking tramadol, since physical dependence sets in fast. If I use Kratom once a day, I don't really get that dependent. A few consecutive days of Tramadol, though, and because of long half lives, they start overlapping.

It's like using methadone once a day vs. using hydro once a day. The Methadone will never really leave your system, just like the O-Desmethyltramadol.

Lol...People get high off of this unscheduled drug and I can't even get decent pain relief from it. Lucky ass bastards lol. And I did take note of the "discontinuation syndrome" from the SNRI part of it.

^Doug, you're basically feeling the effects of Tramadol, a strong serotonin releaser, an NRI, and a very weak opiate. O-Desmethyltramadol is a weaker serotonin releaser, an NRI, and a strong opiate (200x the strength of Tramadol). My liver is an O-Des making machine! :D

It works both ways, though. Kratom/Hydro/Nucynta barely last for me, they give me pain relief for barely 3 hours, most get 4-6 from it.

^Doug, you're basically feeling the effects of Tramadol, a strong serotonin releaser, an NRI, and a very weak opiate. O-Desmethyltramadol is a weaker serotonin releaser, an NRI, and a strong opiate (200x the strength of Tramadol). My liver is an O-Des making machine! :D

It works both ways, though. Kratom/Hydro/Nucynta barely last for me, they give me pain relief for barely 3 hours, most get 4-6 from it.

That's why you re-dose ;)

I've never tried Kratom or Nucynta, but hydrocodone seems to work very nicely. Don't get me wrong, Tramadol does chip 2 or so points off my pain, but I would like to get it down to a 2-3 as opposed to just sit at the 4.5-5.5 range on average. All I've found that manages my pain at a decent amount is hydrocodone, MS, and percocets/oxycodone.

I was hoping I was one of the lucky ones who could get something good from Tramadol.
But nope, I dont feel anything on them. Which kinda sucks since I have a bunch and I can get a whole Rx bottle of them for free.
At least I can get hydrocodone easy too, not for free, but a good price.

I was hoping I was one of the lucky ones who could get something good from Tramadol.
But nope, I dont feel anything on them. Which kinda sucks since I have a bunch and I can get a whole Rx bottle of them for free.
At least I can get hydrocodone easy too, not for free, but a good price.

You could save them for when you actually have pain and have something better than a tylenol/advil/whatever...

Trust me...they do better than those lol...

i had a tonic-clonic seizure induced by tramadol and alcohol. (250mgs tramadol + 1 shot vodka). keep in my i was fully awak. scariest moment in my life, i could have hit my head on something, knocked myself out and stopped breathing. thankfully, my parents rushed to the bathroom and brought me to my feet and the tremors stopped. i couldnt stoped shivering for 2-3 hours after and then i fell asleep. sometimes i get flashbacks and hear screams in my head. keep that in mind every time you dose.

Tramadol is not a drug that should be used recreationally. It has a very, very, very little effect:dose ratio. It's really not worth it at all.

You could save them for when you actually have pain and have something better than a tylenol/advil/whatever...

Trust me...they do better than those lol...

Lol, I have hydroconde for that. Plus, I do have pain, from messing up my foot, wisdom tooth coming in, and back pain, the Trams didnt help any of that :(