• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Anybody watching the Rizin openweight tournament?

SS373dOH

Bluelight Crew
Anybody watching the Rizin open weight tournament?

It's basically the new pride, same rules. Wanderlei and cro cop are fighting next in the quarter finals!.. Jeebis is cro cop looking good! I'b be willing to bet he is the baddest man on the planet, that's right, he'd walk into the ufc and take the belt away from stipe.. DID YOU SEE HIS FIRST FIGHT? He's all of a sudden a jiu jitsu master! In his first fight, he got the takedown, passed guard and went to full mount! Then choked dude out with and arm triangle choke! Wanderlei is in trouble!

But what are your guys' thoughts on this superfight, and Rizin tourny in general?

And watch mirko's first fight in this tournament! He added to his arsenal and now he looks DANGEROUS!

yeah rizin has been awesome so far, but cro cop wouldnt even crack the top 10 in the ufc these days. watch his recent fight with gonzaga (an old mediocre HW). close fight he was losing but came back and won.

he's been mediocre since 2008 tbh. after the first gonzaga fight where he got viciously head kick KOed he was never the same since

rizin isn't anything more than a freak show but it's still fun to watch.

^ I thought Cro cop was on the decent too.. until I watched him in this tournament. With his newly added jiu jitsu skillls, he's a dangerous man! I honestly think this is the best he's ever looked! Also a lot of people say wanderlei went downhill, which he has, but one of the reasons is the ufc doesnt allow kicks to downed opponents or stomp kicks, like pride/rizin does and that is one of his best go to moves! Wanderlei posted a video pleading with aldo to come to Japan and fight in rizin.. rizin also signed fedor, but he's not fighting in the tournament.. Fedor definetely went downhill, it's sad to see a man that was soo dominating, look so mediocre.

But I wouldn't sleep on Mirko! Most people write him off 'cause he's in his 40's now, but you're entitled to your opinion.. but like I was saying, I think this is the best he's ever been! But we'll never know how he'd do in the ufc now, so we can only speculate. I think Stipe will be losing his belt in the next few fights, we'll see what the ufc matchmakers decide to do, but that heavyweight belt exchanges hands quite frequently!.. There's rumors that he will be fighting Cain ( I made a thread about this too), but Werdum is screaming for a rematch! I honestly think Stipe would lose to both guys.. I'm highly curious as to how Cain is looking nowadays! Is he back to his badass self, or is he still stuck in that rut?

i think you have to consider who he was facing. asia isn't known for their heavyweights. at age 42 i highly doubt he has added anything substantial to his game. he was already getting brutally knocked out and submitted against mid level guys in the ufc 5 years ago. i like him vs silva though.

as for wanderlei, i think these days he'd be the only one on the ground for the chance of soccer kicks against mid level ufc MWs

believe it or not i told my bro stipe was gonna be a champ someday around 4-5 years ago. he is the definition of well rounded. And with heavyweights, they basically all have glaring weaknesses to exploit besides him and maybe cain. but it can be tough to hold onto that belt for too long because it just takes 1 punch, in that division especially