• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Anybody else ever get paranoid on benzos?

Mch1

Bluelighter
Every now and again when on a benzo, (It mostly happens with lorazepam for me), I will get very on edge and anxious. Usually worried that I blacked out and did something dangerous. Thoughts like, "Oh shit, did I just drink some liquor? I don't think I did, but I might have and just forgot." Or sometimes just very abstract concerns like worrying that I did 'something' bad that would come back to haunt me when I sobered up. I haven't even done anything all that dangerous/ stupid on benzos in the past.

This seemed strange to me since benzos are supposed to make you calm and anxiety free. I still enjoy them, but paranoia is a side effect for me. Anybody else get this ever.

Some people get paradoxical reactions on benzo. Like getting angry, more anxious, violent, paranoid et cetera.
I've never experienced paranoia on benzos, but I've had paradoxical reactions like getting more anxious when on Xanax for example.

Try lowering dosage or take a break, is my advice. :) Maybe another benzo all together.

Some people get paradoxical reactions on benzo. Like getting angry, more anxious, violent, paranoid et cetera.
I've never experienced paranoia on benzos, but I've had paradoxical reactions like getting more anxious when on Xanax for example.

Try lowering dosage or take a break, is my advice. :) Maybe another benzo all together.
Yeah, I've gotten panic attacks from benzos, which I assumed were paradoxical reactions. But maybe your right, and this feeling I get that something bad happend is a paradoxical reaction too.

Yeah, I've gotten panic attacks from benzos, which I assumed were paradoxical reactions. But maybe your right, and this feeling I get that something bad happend is a paradoxical reaction too.
It sounds like it. Are you taking it often? Have you taken it for a long time? Are the doses high?
This was the case whenever I had those paradoxical reactions at least. Too much for too long.

It sounds like it. Are you taking it often? Have you taken it for a long time? Are the doses high?I
This was the case whenever I had those paradoxical reactions at least. Too much for too long.
At the moment, I'm taking some every fourth day or so. I've been back with them for as a month or two. 6-7 months ago, I stopped after taking them after being on for like 4 months every other day. At the moment I'm just taking .5mg lorazepam. Every fourth day has helped keep my tolerance down.

Yeah, that isn't much. But I'm pretty sure even modest use like that can produce those sensations. I'd try a break.
Hopefully someone else with more experience of this will chime in here. :)

Some people get paradoxical reactions on benzo. Like getting angry, paranoid.. violent
Some guy on my street went nuts, ran into my kitchen, grabbed a knife and tried to stab my friend. This was after he'd ripped out a neighbour's mailbox and hit someone with it.

He told reporters that he was trying to 'protect his friends' from the bad people at our party. I was reading this shit in the paper on Monday thinking "dude, you were the bad people".

Found his Xanax bottle on my lawn the next day. 50 pills prescribed three days earlier. There were 8 left.

Every now and again when on a benzo, (It mostly happens with lorazepam for me), I will get very on edge and anxious. Usually worried that I blacked out and did something dangerous. Thoughts like, "Oh shit, did I just drink some liquor? I don't think I did, but I might have and just forgot." Or sometimes just very abstract concerns like worrying that I did 'something' bad that would come back to haunt me when I sobered up. I haven't even done anything all that dangerous/ stupid on benzos in the past.

This seemed strange to me since benzos are supposed to make you calm and anxiety free. I still enjoy them, but paranoia is a side effect for me. Anybody else get this ever.
I get this with alcohol. Makes me so cautious I've said something wrong, lost memory or seemed really wasted - even after just one drink.

Then, for days or weeks, maybe months - I replay in my head every word of every conversation, every step I took that night.

I can't even have fun drinking anymore.

Found his Xanax bottle on my lawn the next day. 50 pills prescribed three days earlier. There were 8 left.
Damn dude. People like this shouldn't be getting scripts in the first place...

I've never experienced these paradoxical reactions but every time I get my alpraz script refilled it has a warning attached with those paradoxical reactions listed. Apparently it happens; I watched an X-Files episode last night where Agent Scully tried to explain away a violent woman with, "She was abusing clonazepam," essentially and I was like, "What?!" But yeah apparently that's a thing for a small percentage of people.

Sure it happens.

I once had a panic attack induced by a large dose of clonazepam. I was driving on the freeway, following my friend somewhere who was driving in a separate car, but for some weird reason I'd randomly take an exit instead of following him, then would get on the freeway and do the same thing. Over and over. It was like I was stuck in some loop. It was pretty frightening and it disturbed my friend too.

Not a fan of the nitro benzodiazepines.

Not on just benzos, but if I take benzos while on a stimulant I get soo fucked. I do some of the stupidest shit that I cringe even thinking of for years to come. That includes 'giving in' to some of the stimulant paranoia that I wouldn't normally if I wasn't on benzos, I would be able to say ' no that feeling isnt reality your just high RELAX' but when on benzos I lack that certain logical reasoning. But no I don't think benzos on their own cause paranoia.

Not a fan of the nitro benzodiazepines

What are those?

Yeah I'm starting not to like clonazepam, might not buy again, it definitely makes me high, happy hyper high, can't relax, always on phone messaging or on social media, can't just watch a film and chill, but then it's not what i want, as I want a sedating relaxing downer not a benzo type upper lol

I start making lists of all the rad stuff I want to do and buy

Hahaha I actually buy stuff off ebay on clonazepam, I bought a pair of inflatable seagulls while high, opened them in bed when they arrived and my cat was freaked out, jumped off my bed andran to the side of my bedroom when I blew them up, then I showed him one and he ran off into hall lol, so yeah they are hidden away in the cupboard now

I bought palm candles to start playing fire toys thinking my fibromyalgia will let me, as you only need to hold these things on your palms and you dip the ends in parrafin and light them on fire and dance with them, but once I was normal I thought WTAF my anxiety and fibromyalgia won't let me use these at the beach fire party's I've been to occasionally lol, luckily as I hadn't lit them I could send them back

I've bought other crap too, I need to not go online look at stuff to buy while on clonazepam

I was very pissed off a seagull t-shirt I orderd was sold out so without telling me and refunding me they sent a scary ass creature t-shirt instead, I soon complained lol