• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Any way to "fix" a mix of H that has too much citric or ascorbic acid in it?

RedHat

Bluelighter
Any way to "fix" a mix of H that has too much citric or ascorbic acid in it?

Hey guys. So I live in the south/west US, where its nearly impossible to get decent H. Its almost always black tar that looks like it was smuggled from Mexico stashed inside someones bum. So I recently started buying it online. The H I have now is #3, which means I need to mix it with either citric or ascorbic acid. I have both available, which I've purchased from Amazon.

So I put some H in the cooker, put some water in it, then add a little bit of either acid's to it and heat it up just a bit. Adding more acid as I go, until its a clear mixture. Then I run it through a micron filter (.22), put it all in a vile (I make like 4 or 5 cc's at a time). At this point, its a nice, clear orange/brownish color (as opposed to the pitch black from anything around here, eek). But when I try to shoot it, it stings like all hell. Especially if I miss a shot!

So the only thing I can think of is maybe I used too much citric acid. Is there a way to fix the 4cc's I have left of this mix? Or is it basically all bad? One would figure maybe I could just add some H to it and shake it up a bit to see if it dissolves, and keep doing that until it stops dissolving. But id like to make sure thats the proper way of doing it first. I'll run to the local chemical supply place to get some pH test strips during the week sometime, which will tell me exactly how acidic the mixes are, but any solutions for this mix I've already made?

Thanks in advance.

Ironically... I was going to ask if adding baking soda would fix it, but forgot to add that, hahaha. ill try. Thanks guys.

After adding the sodium bicarbonate, will it eventually go back to its clear state it was at before? Or will it stay looking like orange juice?

It foamed quite a bit, despite only adding it a bit at a time. Im assuming that means it was very acidic. fml

Update: Ran the orange juice through a micron filter, shot it.... Oh my god, that feels so much better. I dont feel like I just got stung by a scorpion. Thank you guys.

And kinda random, but I dropped the SB into the solution one grain at a time, and that looked awesome! instead of foaming up, the grains just zipped around and looked like little worms until it covered the entire top layer, haha.

thanks again

Last edited:
^Yep. Add a base to neutralize the acid, just not to much as to make your solution basic
What happens if one makes the solution "too basic"?

I watched this youtube video on adding citric acid when cooking heroin, where she shows that all of the solid particles (heroin) dissolved at a pH level of 2.55. I made a mix with the same amount of heroin/water/citric acid as seen in the video and there was still plenty of undissolved particles in the mix. I ordered a pH meter from Amazon, as well as some pH test strips, so I'll have a better idea of how acidic my mix is, instead of just eye-balling it.

I believe if you make the PH too high your heroin will convert back to base heroin and drop out of solution.

I found that I have much better luck using ascorbic acid instead of citric. Not sure why, but ill stick to ascorbic from now on.