• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Any way to do frequent enemas for plugging, w/o health dangers?

ehrai

Greenlighter
I’m having trouble finding clear guidance on whether all the warnings on frequent enema use still apply when only using purified/distilled/&/filtered water, or if it’s only when using e.g. a phosphate solution, or unfiltered tap water.

It’s either non-specifying medical sites or sus alternative living “do 3 coffee enemas a day to thwart bad humors” type ones.

I just want to have good enough plugging efficiency to point where I don’t need to ponder over if a good amount of the drug in question (amph) was absorbed. 50ml of water up the poopchute for mb 60% of administrations + a squatty potty has been working since I started plugging 2.5 wks ago… any guidance on how to minimize adverse health impacts would be appreciated . Thanks

If you are doing this on a daily basis you may eventually run into some adverse effects, the rectum isn't really designed for that. Though electrolyte imbalance would probably only apply to the prepackaged enema solution with phosphates and various additives, you may cause some other sort of imbalance eventually by disruption of that bodily function.

Another concern would be the effects of the amphetamine itself, which will cause local vasoconstriction in the tissues of the lower large intestine. This may be the larger concern.

Thank you for the insight.

Is there any guidance you can provide or a direction in which you can point me, re whereabouts the inadvisbility threshold might be for plugging amphetamines, in terms of impacts from the vasoconstriction you noted?
A Dose for me is 30mg

Thank you

Thank you for the insight.

Is there any guidance you can provide or a direction in which you can point me, re whereabouts the inadvisbility threshold might be for plugging amphetamines, in terms of impacts from the vasoconstriction you noted?
A Dose for me is 30mg

Thank you

I definitely have no clue what the safe threshold may be insofar as rectal amphetamine is concerned. This is because no one has a clue; the question has never been evaluated.

But apparently my theory isn't so theoretical afterall. The following article in a gastroenterology journal describes a case of colonic ischemia associated with rectal methamphetamine. The underlying mechanism is described as follows:

"The vasoconstrictor properties of amphetamine lead to alterations in splanchnic blood flow. Susceptible areas are splenic flexure (Griffith point) and sigmoid colon (Sudeck point)."

Granted this was methamphetamine, but in theory amphetamine, especially racemic amphetamine, might have even more pronounced local vasoconstrictive effects on a milligram to milligram basis.

The flipside however, is that people who are in the practice of plugging methamphetamine are almost inevitably plugging large doses of it (far larger than the commonly plugged doses of amphetamine), so I'm sure the total vasoconstrictive effects are much greater.

So it's hard to say what is a safe and unsafe dose. That amount of amphetamine (30mg) isn't a ton, but it also isn't insignificant. Probably wouldn't recommend it on a daily basis.

i truly feel sorry for anyone with this kind of problem. The pain is surreal with constipation

hope you get well bro

I definitely have no clue what the safe threshold may be insofar as rectal amphetamine is concerned. This is because no one has clue; the question has never been evaluated.

But apparently my theory apparently isn't so theoretical.
]][REST OF QTD POST CUT FOR BREVITY][[
Thank you for all the detail you’ve given here :)

I figured info would be sparse, but that article is pretty good for going off of— ty for sharing.

Do the lab findings in that article point to roughly how much methamph the man might’ve been on— if one were able to extrapolate a rough equivalent dose of amph

The note on those two suspecitible areas are curious. It seems like the Sigmoid colon comes after turning the bend at the end the anal canal/rectum, with the splenic canal a ways further from it.

This relates to a question i actuslly intend to ask here as an aside:
I’ve read conflicting info on at how deep one wants to plug, whether for efficiency or just actually getting a notable enough RoA.

It seems that, should reports on needing to go only 2 inches deep be correct, then that may be less likely to reach the sigmoid colon, depending on amount of liquid plugged. Let’s say 3ml (Ive been using about 2ml). Dyou have any insight on:
1) if 1.5-2in is sufficient
2) the extent that plugged liquid (at whichever depth you think is recommendable) might travel further up, to eg hit sigmoid colon

Trying to account for whatever the answer to #2 is would have competing considerations, I think:
If one were to use more water for the solution, to spread it out (even maybe to release it at 2 points an inch apart - which youd think would spread out the vasoconstrictive load , —> desirable/mitigative ), that would be at odds with waanting to use a lesser volume solution in order to reduce flow-up into sigmoid colon.

Sorry, bit rambly

i truly feel sorry for anyone with this kind of problem. The pain is surreal with constipation

hope you get well bro
Oh I’m actually (thankfully) not experiencing constipation - the enemas are for purpose of cleaning the ol colon out to put the drugs up there :)
However a big reason for plugging is that adderall taken orally has made for stomach issues over time. It’s also nice to be able to consume acidic things in hour before-after dosing, which one shouldn’t do if taken orally.

Oh I’m actually (thankfully) not experiencing constipation - the enemas are for purpose of cleaning the ol colon out to put the drugs up there :)
However a big reason for plugging is that adderall taken orally has made for stomach issues over time. It’s also nice to be able to consume acidic things in hour before-after dosing, which one shouldn’t do if taken orally.

I totally understand where you're coming from with this. My honest opinion is that it's unnecessary to perform an enema when rectally administering drugs. I think in general, the body does a pretty good job in keeping things clean. It's not like, in a hospital setting, they're administering enema's every time they administer a rectal medication like how they might wipe and injection site to clean it before an injection. If you have a normal gut and don't suffer from any conditions that effect your colon you shouldn't need to administer an enema.

In a healthy individual with normal gut motility, the body is only going to move fecal matter into the colon/rectum at the time of defecation, like when you feel the urge to defecate, it's because your body has moved the matter into your colon and again, in a healthy individual, it will all be expelled with a bowel movement. It's not as if your colon is constantly covered with feces and needs to be cleaned.

If it makes you feel better, that's fine, but I wouldn't be doing it every day. As you're probably aware, the digestive system relies heavily on a proper balance of chemicals, biotics and so on. Washing out your Colon might seem like a healthy thing to do, but you will be flushing out the delicate balance that your body has worked so hard to prepare for you. Enema's should be reserved for those with a legitimate need for it for this reason. It's not something I would mess with nor do you need to.

I totally understand where you're coming from with this. My honest opinion is that it's unnecessary to perform an enema when rectally administering drugs. I think in general, the body does a pretty good job in keeping things clean. It's not like, in a hospital setting, they're administering enema's every time they administer a rectal medication like how they might wipe and injection site to clean it before an injection. If you have a normal gut and don't suffer from any conditions that effect your colon you shouldn't need to administer an enema.

In a healthy individual with normal gut motility, the body is only going to move fecal matter into the colon/rectum at the time of defecation, like when you feel the urge to defecate, it's because your body has moved the matter into your colon and again, in a healthy individual, it will all be expelled with a bowel movement. It's not as if your colon is constantly covered with feces and needs to be cleaned.

If it makes you feel better, that's fine, but I wouldn't be doing it every day. As you're probably aware, the digestive system relies heavily on a proper balance of chemicals, biotics and so on. Washing out your Colon might seem like a healthy thing to do, but you will be flushing out the delicate balance that your body has worked so hard to prepare for you. Enema's should be reserved for those with a legitimate need for it for this reason. It's not something I would mess with nor do you need to.
Thank you for a thorough rundown - I think I was overestimating impact of not being fully empty on absorption. I wasn’t clear on “if you don’t feel the need, then mr colon has not forwarded payload to rectum canal.”

this also ties into where exactly one should be releasing when performing rectal administration though - I was going far enough initially that I was likely towards the end of the canal. have you any guidance there? I’ve been unable to find decisive info

hope you get well bro
Constipation sucks, but there is a “silver bullet” of sorts…glycerine suppository…I know it’s sounds like a bad idea, but I only use them when it’s like dire, and they work, when I was new to opiates I once went like a week and a half without shitting and didn’t even realize it well shitting that brick was impossible , I was about to go to the hospital when I tried a suppository as a Hail Mary, and the shit worked in like 30min

My biggest worry would be messing up your gut fauna. I would feel a little off equilibrium when plugging a lot of K over a weekend.

I think taking daily enemas can cause you to be kind of dependent on them as your body uses less muscle power to paristalse out poo.

Wait, you only need to insert the (whatever) 1.5-2inches when plugging? I've literally been pushing the oral syringe as deep as possible (I mean like 4 inches, maybe slightly more) 'cause I was worried it would come back out. So 2 inches is enough?

My biggest worry would be messing up your gut fauna. I would feel a little off equilibrium when plugging a lot of K over a weekend.

I think taking daily enemas can cause you to be kind of dependent on them as your body uses less muscle power to paristalse out poo.

Just take either codeine or loperamide for a couple weeks and then abruptly STOP. You'll be spraying shit through the eye of a needle in no time

Oop, stopped seeing email notifications and thought this thread died—
Sorry to resurface this one moddos, but I’ve two other Qs that I really would rather quite like to ask—

1. What amount of water in ml do people typically have in mind when talking enemas—and specifically the negative impact on gut flora etc.? Because like I know that sometimes there’s a little nuggin o poopis hanging out just out contractive reach, and all I need is like 4 ml of water which I let stew for a few mins after which comes the little bastard out. If I’m using filtered water (I do need to get distilled, that reminds me), how impactful can a wee 4ml really be?
2. [user]negrogesic[/user] noted the likelihood of local vasoconstrictive effects of adderall. To what extent might these be offset by taking, say, 5mg of a vasodilator like coal is every day? ( the reason I recently got prescribed it was due to the rope pushing that stims often beget, but I realized it’s relevance here)

I’m having trouble finding clear guidance on whether all the warnings on frequent enema use still apply when only using purified/distilled/&/filtered water, or if it’s only when using e.g. a phosphate solution, or unfiltered tap water.

It’s either non-specifying medical sites or sus alternative living “do 3 coffee enemas a day to thwart bad humors” type ones.

I just want to have good enough plugging efficiency to point where I don’t need to ponder over if a good amount of the drug in question (amph) was absorbed. 50ml of water up the poopchute for mb 60% of administrations + a squatty potty has been working since I started plugging 2.5 wks ago… any guidance on how to minimize adverse health impacts would be appreciated . Thanks

I would recommend using a very small amount of water, you don't need anywhere NEAR 50mL. You want enough that it's dilute enough not to burn, and not any more than that. It will absorb better. I've never used more than 3mL of water to plug anything.

Also make sure you use lube, that is probably the most important thing.

That said, if you're plugging 3 times a day, that's not going to be good for you long-term, any way you cut it.

I don't have any hard data about the side effects of plugging and enemas, but I'd like to say a few things. Amphetamine is a very unpleasant drug to plug and only seems to get worse with time. I wouldnt be surprised if it causes problems locally when plugged because my physical urge to purge it directly after plugging has gotten worse. For that reason I've stopped plugging altogether.

This obviously isn't hard evidence but with the lack of info on this specific subject you are definitely somewhat of a guinea pig.

I would recommend using a very small amount of water, you don't need anywhere NEAR 50mL. You want enough that it's dilute enough not to burn, and not any more than that. It will absorb better. I've never used more than 3mL of water to plug anything.

Also make sure you use lube, that is probably the most important thing.

That said, if you're plugging 3 times a day, that's not going to be good for you long-term, any way you cut it.

Oh sorry, the 50mL was re amount for enema to clear out the ol’ chute. I also don’t use more than 3ml, espc given amp solubility.
I don't have any hard data about the side effects of plugging and enemas, but I'd like to say a few things. Amphetamine is a very unpleasant drug to plug and only seems to get worse with time. I wouldnt be surprised if it causes problems locally when plugged because my physical urge to purge it directly after plugging has gotten worse. For that reason I've stopped plugging altogether.

This obviously isn't hard evidence but with the lack of info on this specific subject you are definitely somewhat of a guinea pig.
Did you filter out the fillers? I found that those give me the runs. Otherwise I don’t really experience unpleasantry like burning.

I don’t plug too often now, but that’s in part due to variability in effect. I don’t know why exactly. I’m guessing pœp in the chœte. Maybe it’s bc I’ve been using around 3.5ml of water and have been administrating at a shallower depth that I was beforehand. Hm

I don't filter the pill at all, I just backfill into the syringe of hot but not scalding water (which may also contribute to the urge). It's a ritual best left for the rare occasion, not only for health but also because it takes a long time to prepare correctly for relatively little gain