• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Any tricks to make vyvanse last longer?

Vyvanse: Gastric Bypass. Effects Too Short

I've got a couple left from my script and I've heard some stuff a/b trying to make vyvanse last longer. I was wondering if anyone here has tried something that absolutely worked for them?

I take Vyvanse it doesn't last long: 70 mg. Any way to make last longer?

L-tryptophan has always helped me out.

Caffeine and simple sugars at around the 5-6 hour mark can also help.

Last edited:
I think the amount you take just effects how strong the half life is so it seems like it lasts longer

Wow, the exact same thing happens to me. I know this thread is old. Have you managed to find a way to make it last longer? I honestly don't know what to do....

If ya'll can make you vyvanse last 10-12 hours how do you do it. heck i can take 150 mg a day of vyvanse at 5 am. An if i sit down and lay back i can fall asleep.I can do this 2 hours,4 hours ,6hours and even 10 hours after i take it and fall asleep. I'm prescribed 50mg a day. when i take it at 5 am when i get up some times 4am it just depends. but it has already worn of between 8 and 10 am. IT's hard to tell cause i'm on 85mg of methadone everyday. But even when i didn't take the methadone it still only last for 5-6 hours. and the was if i was lucky. heck ive'taken 200 mg of addreall in a day and fallen alseep at 8pm that night. and sleep all night.Back about 15 years ago i use to do drugs.iv'e been sober and only take what i am prescribed now for three yeas. which i feel great. and i even quit smoking cigerattes a years ago. but my point is back 15 years ago i use to do meth. this is how i found out i had adha. While my freinds were bounceing of the wall i would sit there quitly and draw or study and not even smoke a cig while there chin smiking and moving a 100mph. but they always wonder why i din't behave that way. can you tell me i would even fall asleep after doing meth. i don't anymore and i'm tellingyall doing the drugs was the dumbest thing i every did and i love being sober.

I have found that taking fish oil and ranitidine help it both last longer and makes it more effective. It also makes it kick in like 20-30 mins give or take on an empty stomach. Fish oil was a god send when it came to getting the most out of my vyvanse. Today I had only 1 50mg left, after taking 3 every day. I took it with the fish oil and acid reducer with some coffee and VOILA it worked like a charm. Im all warm and fuzzy inside with intense focus as if Id taken my normal dose. Only thing is it only lasts 8 hours for me since I have a pretty large tolerance to uppers. Hope this help. I STRONGLY recommend fish oil in boosting effectiveness and euphoria. Also raspnerry keytones as well as a b-complex, ginko, and L-tyrosine are my daily regimen. Works like a charm. Im not sure the exact science behind it but I do know that a basic environment is ideal for stims and the rest is to assist in mental clarity heart health and effectiveness. I tried this method with my concerta and it worked every time.

-Natasha

Baking soda potentiates amphetamines, so it'll make it stronger and probably last a bit longer. Take about a spoonful, more than that won't do anything.

ok so heres my situation. 2 nights ago i took 50 mg vyvanse then i took another 50 mg the next night and it lasted half the time and then i took it gain today and it lasted half the time. ok well i see whats happening here, obviously you build a pretty quick tolerance. Heres where i need help though-i have 2 50mg vyvanse pills and i want to be able to use them in a way that they last the longest and are most effective. Should i make vyvanse water? should i take one when i wake up then one a few hours later and hope for overlap? please help asap, ty.

Bumping an old thread but correct me if I?m wrong. Vyvanse is nothing more than dextroamphetamine once the lysine is cleaved. It?s not long acting. It just takes longer to kick in due to the lysine but once a let?s say 50mg vyvanse turns into dextroamphetamine you are basically just getting around 20mg dextroamphetamine (40%.)so essentially there is no diff between taking a 50mg vyvanse vs 20mg dextroamphetamine other than the vyvanse may take an additional 30-60min to kick in.

It's improved/more consistent BA%

This is a simple question: multiple o doses of 2D inhibitors, and increasing urine PH, will certainly extend t1/2, and duration, although possibly to a lesser extent; that's your option though; cimetidine and grapefruit juice are easy to get, and combined, should be enough to clog -2D, although it is complex; certain antacids and other tricks can raise urine ph, although that is a pretty hardcore measure

And bumping and old thread with a separate question? Or observation that doesn't really push to the question/issue at hand, please refrain, unless it is like with a link and some groundbreaking information, or if you need help and think the thread you found(search engine? Og's would be proud, probably) partially answers you though can be expanded upon, and isn't so old as to just hit refresh -like this one, was just active last year, so ok, however you didn't really expand upon it-not being a prick, just pointing out ways to avoid people yelling about stuff :)

This is a simple question: multiple o doses of 2D inhibitors, and increasing urine PH, will certainly extend t1/2, and duration, although possibly to a lesser extent; that's your option though; cimetidine and grapefruit juice are easy to get, and combined, should be enough to clog -2D, although it is complex; certain antacids and other tricks can raise urine ph, although that is a pretty hardcore measure[/QUOTE]

Would the grapefruit juice(or narnigen extract) with cimetidine always be taken before the vyvanse and if so how long do they inhibit 2D?