• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Any tips for hydros?

Nulla

Greenlighter
I’m 15 and have been using hydros on and off for a few weeks and am loving it! Im a pretty big kid and take a decent amount usually around a 37.5mg dose (i take 5 7.5/325) and at most do this 2 times a day and was just wondering if you guys had any tips for me to stay safe and not od in the future :)

You definitely need to be doing a cold water extraction so that you're not ingesting all that Tylenol. You say you use on and off, how much time off? I ask not so much out of worry of overdose, but as far as building tolerance/dependency.

So i usually use everyday for a full 7 day week then i take a full week off then repeat.

^your tolerance is going to build quickly with a dosing regimen like that. Only dose once a day and try to space them out by at least a couple days.

I can understand the temptation, i was 16 when i first used hydrocodone, but you have to slow down otherwise you are gonna have a massive tolerance before you are even legally an adult. I’m not even sure how you get that much hydro at 15, the pills aren’t cheap and i wouldn’t think a 15 year old could hold down a job that pays well enough to get them.

OP, you're coming along nicely. I started just like you, tho at a younger age (I was in junior high school, 11 or 12 years old) on pills, mainly opioids and benzos, plus some of the good barbiturates (like Seconal, Nembutal, Amital, Tuinal, good luck finding them now) and some old school pain killers and tranquilizers you don't see anymore (painkillers like Talwin/pentazocine before they made it Talwin NX with Narcan, Wygesic, Darvon when they were good, and more obscure opioids you don't hear about. Tranquilizers like Placidyl/ethochlorvinal, Miltown/meprobamate, and some more old school, obscure shit). I was self medicating for an undiagnosed and untreated panic disorder. I had come to the conclusion that I must have been insane so I dared not tell anyone or they might put me in a nut house. The pills started with occasional, controlled usage and tolerance crept up on me, causing me to use more and more until I was eating handfuls of mixed pills for each dose (I called the mixed pills, normally a combo of good, strong opioids, benzos, barbiturates, obscure pain killers, tranquilizers, and muscle relaxers a "picnic") and dosing more and more handfuls/"picnics" several times a day. The number of days I ate pills increased as well, until it was daily, several times per day. By the time I was 16, I had discovered heroin, and I didn't go thru a sniffing phase, I jumped straight into the needle. Again, I could do heroin some days and put the heroin down at will. I managed to do that with heroin for several years so I thought it would never turn me into a junkie (I had seen people turn into full on junkies within 6 months of starting. I reasoned that if I wasn't an every day heroin junkie after shooting up much like you do hydros, in binges, for several years then hey, it'll never turn me into a junkie). I kept my heroin use a secret from all but a few people for years. My girlfriends didn't even know. Then, when I was 23, I blew my knee and shoulder out. I really fucked my knee up, I have screws and pins in the bones and a shit ton of pain. So I have been a chronic pain patient for more than 20 years. The painful surgery (I have never experienced pain on that level), long, painful recovery followed by months of painful physical therapy and a lifetime of pain and pain management with opioid therapy, caused me to turn to and lean on my old friend heroin way more than I had thought of previously because the oxycodone prescribed to me by the sports medicine Dr who did the surgery wasn't doing the job, and he prescribed me pretty high doses of oxycodone instant release around the clock 24/7 for a long time. He was even smart and merciful enough to give me a nice, slow, comfortable taper since he put me on high dose oxycodone for a long time. He thought since I was only 23 when I had the injury and surgery I should bounce back good and not need pain management until later. He was wrong. It hurt like shit, hurts more as I get older, and my hometown is full of heroin. I spent many years being a full on heroin junkie. I've been off heroin for several years now. I only take my prescribed Roxicodone and Xanax. My opioid tolerance seems to be set to intraveinous heroin, which causes the roxy to not work as well as it should and, of course, I can't tell my pain Dr or they would say "pill seeking junkie, I'm not RXing him shit" and I'd be in even more pain.

The point of this long narrative wasn't to sit and tell you my life story and my woes. The point was to, using my own life as a good, firsthand example, make you (along with anyone that reads it) do a cost/benefit analysis when they have no earthly need for opioids and they're doing them anyway, to decide if opioid addiction is something they really want in their lives. You can do opioids a little bit/here and there for a while, but eventually it will become all consuming and spiral out of control until it all blows up in your face. It's a small percentage (very small) that can use opioids recreationally for years and not have it turn into a full on addiction. Eventually, even the strongest prescription opioids will not get you to that magical sweet spot they did and that's when many people turn to heroin. I have seen more people that swore they would never do heroin, just pills, turn into heroin addicts than I care to recall. Of these, most started by sniffing and swore they would never turn into a filthy needle junkie. Probably 90% of them are needle junkies or dead needle junkies. It's your life and you only get 1, so do whatever you want. I believe that everyone should have the right to put into their own bodies as much as they want of whatever they want, whenever they want, however they want. I just sit back and think of what heroin addiction cost me : a shit ton of money, a beautiful 3 story colonial home a block from the water front in a historic district, a promising musical career (I won't name drop, but if you're into death metal/black metal, there is a good chance you may have at least heard of some bands I was in and certainly heard of some bands my bands played and toured with), lots of expensive guitars, amps, musical equipment, 2 nice trucks, time in jail, the list goes on. Just something to think about if you think you can outsmart opioids. They are patient and have the whole rest of your life to get you. Whatever you decide, be safe my friend. Use common sense and be aware of your limits. I wasn't trying to lecture you (or anyone) and didn't mean to sound like a condescending, judgemental dick. I am in no position to judge anyone. I do stand by the "know your tolerance and it's limits" thing. Some of my best buddies would be around today if they would have practiced that most basic principle of drug use.

Last edited:
^your tolerance is going to build quickly with a dosing regimen like that. Only dose once a day and try to space them out by at least a couple days.

I can understand the temptation, i was 16 when i first used hydrocodone, but you have to slow down otherwise you are gonna have a massive tolerance before you are even legally an adult. I’m not even sure how you get that much hydro at 15, the pills aren’t cheap and i wouldn’t think a 15 year old could hold down a job that pays well enough to get them.

Maybe he sells weed, acid, and even has connections for large amounts of pills. At his age I was selling a good amount of weed and acid, then, around eighteen, I got the dream hookup on vast quantities of pills which lasted for several years. You couldn't even get away with that nowadays the way me and my supplier did it (and you might not believe it if I told you. It's 100% true tho), but I made tons of good pills and money. He may be selling anything. Kids today are generally more savvy and street smart than in the 1980s/early-mid 1990s, and they are getting more and more hardcore and sophisticated. Kids nowadays go hardcore man. He might sell caine, crystal, ecstasy, and who knows what. Dude might have his school, neighborhood, and circle of friends and acquaintances on lock down. ;)

Ight thx for the advice i think ima gonna just use like 3 days a week then take a whole week off maybe that will help me out some.. and btw I’m lucky enough to not have to buy my pills. My friends mother and father both are prescribed them and every month we get 2 whole prescriptions bc his parents don’t use them sooo ya ig i got hella lucky bc after asking around the street value in my town is a tad pricy some ppl are asking about 8$ a pill

OP, you're coming along nicely. I started just like you, tho at a younger age (I was in junior high school, 11 or 12 years old) on pills, mainly opioids and benzos, plus some of the good barbiturates (like Seconal, Nembutal, Amital, Tuinal, good luck finding them now) and some old school pain killers and tranquilizers you don't see anymore (painkillers like Talwin/pentazocine before they made it Talwin NX with Narcan, Wygesic, Darvon when they were good, and more obscure opioids you don't hear about. Tranquilizers like Placidyl/ethochlorvinal, Miltown/meprobamate, and some more old school, obscure shit). I was self medicating for an undiagnosed and untreated panic disorder. I had come to the conclusion that I must have been insane so I dared not tell anyone or they might put me in a nut house. The pills started with occasional, controlled usage and tolerance crept up on me, causing me to use more and more until I was eating handfuls of mixed pills for each dose (I called the mixed pills, normally a combo of good, strong opioids, benzos, barbiturates, obscure pain killers, tranquilizers, and muscle relaxers a "picnic") and dosing more and more handfuls/"picnics" several times a day. The number of days I ate pills increased as well, until it was daily, several times per day. By the time I was 16, I had discovered heroin, and I didn't go thru a sniffing phase, I jumped straight into the needle. Again, I could do heroin some days and put the heroin down at will. I managed to do that with heroin for several years so I thought it would never turn me into a junkie (I had seen people turn into full on junkies within 6 months of starting. I reasoned that if I wasn't an every day heroin junkie after shooting up much like you do hydros, in binges, for several years then hey, it'll never turn me into a junkie). I kept my heroin use a secret from all but a few people for years. My girlfriends didn't even know. Then, when I was 23, I blew my knee and shoulder out. I really fucked my knee up, I have screws and pins in the bones and a shit ton of pain. So I have been a chronic pain patient for more than 20 years. The painful surgery (I have never experienced pain on that level), long, painful recovery followed by months of painful physical therapy and a lifetime of pain and pain management with opioid therapy, caused me to turn to and lean on my old friend heroin way more than I had thought of previously because the oxycodone prescribed to me by the sports medicine Dr who did the surgery wasn't doing the job, and he prescribed me pretty high doses of oxycodone instant release around the clock 24/7 for a long time. He was even smart and merciful enough to give me a nice, slow, comfortable taper since he put me on high dose oxycodone for a long time. He thought since I was only 23 when I had the injury and surgery I should bounce back good and not need pain management until later. He was wrong. It hurt like shit, hurts more as I get older, and my hometown is full of heroin. I spent many years being a full on heroin junkie. I've been off heroin for several years now. I only take my prescribed Roxicodone and Xanax. My opioid tolerance seems to be set to intraveinous heroin, which causes the roxy to not work as well as it should and, of course, I can't tell my pain Dr or they would say "pill seeking junkie, I'm not RXing him shit" and I'd be in even more pain.

The point of this long narrative wasn't to sit and tell you my life story and my woes. The point was to, using my own life as a good, firsthand example, make you (along with anyone that reads it) do a cost/benefit analysis when they have no earthly need for opioids and they're doing them anyway, to decide if opioid addiction is something they really want in their lives. You can do opioids a little bit/here and there for a while, but eventually it will become all consuming and spiral out of control until it all blows up in your face. It's a small percentage (very small) that can use opioids recreationally for years and not have it turn into a full on addiction. Eventually, even the strongest prescription opioids will not get you to that magical sweet spot they did and that's when many people turn to heroin. I have seen more people that swore they would never do heroin, just pills, turn into heroin addicts than I care to recall. Of these, most started by sniffing and swore they would never turn into a filthy needle junkie. Probably 90% of them are needle junkies or dead needle junkies. It's your life and you only get 1, so do whatever you want. I believe that everyone should have the right to put into their own bodies as much as they want of whatever they want, whenever they want, however they want. I just sit back and think of what heroin addiction cost me : a shit ton of money, a beautiful 3 story colonial home a block from the water front in a historic district, a promising musical career (I won't name drop, but if you're into death metal/black metal, there is a good chance you may have at least heard of some bands I was in and certainly heard of some bands my bands played and toured with), lots of expensive guitars, amps, musical equipment, 2 nice trucks, time in jail, the list goes on. Just something to think about if you think you can outsmart opioids. They are patient and have the whole rest of your life to get you. Whatever you decide, be safe my friend. Use common sense and be aware of your limits. I wasn't trying to lecture you (or anyone) and didn't mean to sound like a condescending, judgemental dick. I am in no position to judge anyone. I do stand by the "know your tolerance and it's limits" thing. Some of my best buddies would be around today if they would have practiced that most basic principle of drug use.
Well thanks for your story and his has definitely made me realize i probably need to slow down and control my usage a bit better

Maybe he sells weed, acid, and even has connections for large amounts of pills. At his age I was selling a good amount of weed and acid, then, around eighteen, I got the dream hookup on vast quantities of pills which lasted for several years. You couldn't even get away with that nowadays the way me and my supplier did it (and you might not believe it if I told you. It's 100% true tho), but I made tons of good pills and money. He may be selling anything. Kids today are generally more savvy and street smart than in the 1980s/early-mid 1990s, and they are getting more and more hardcore and sophisticated. Kids nowadays go hardcore man. He might sell caine, crystal, ecstasy, and who knows what. Dude might have his school, neighborhood, and circle of friends and acquaintances on lock down. ;)
Nah i don’t sell or anything lol my mom is actually a therapist and would absolutely kill me if she knew i was doing hydros much less selling shit I’m lucky enough to get my pills for free.. although my town (pop. 7000) has a big problem with meth and caine so maybe i should start selling somethin it wouldn’t be very hard at all ?

Also was wondering if my highs are normal I’m sure hydros affect everyone a lil differently but i get real emotional like one of my friends told me to stfu and i started crying also me and another buddy get really itchy all over mostly legs, belly, and lower back

Definitely a must, your liver will thank you down the line

I can't believe noone has advised to...i don't know...maybe NOT be doing heavy doses of opiods at age 15? I understand OP is going to do them anyways probably but still, that's extremely young and 70+ mg a day of hydro is starting to enter dependence/withdrawal from quitting territory. I know he alternates weeks but still how long could that possibly last?

Geeze, 15 just seems so young to me.

I started at 13, people are going to do what they want regardless of us saying not to, it's better to offer hr tips

Guys, there's no need to dedicate a post in every thread to educating the population of the potential dangers of Opioid abuse. Opioids can kill you easily if you take too much. They are highly addictive because they make you feel good. We all know this and if you don't, you have quite literally been living underneath a rock. I admire the fact that you don't want people to have to endure the extreme misery of dependence and addiction, but our paramount purpose here is keeping people safe. As a Harm Reduction community, we have already accepted the fact that people are going to use drugs if they so choose and all we can do is our best to make sure they go about the practice as safely as possible.

OP, as others have mentioned, if you aren't familiar with the process, you need to immediately learn about Cold Water Extraction. In short, Opioids are not inherently toxic or harmful to the body, whereas Acetaminophen/APAP is quite toxic to the liver. The most unhealthy aspect to what you are currently engaged in centers around the excessive usage of APAP. It sounds like you are approaching the dosage in a fairly responsible manner, so barring any kind of crazy dosage escalation, the only thing you really need to change is your intake of APAP.

^Well keif i think it can’t be said enough, the dangers of opiates. The OP seems to be somewhat educated on the subject and approaching it with some caution, but they might not be aware of how fast tolerance can grow and other nuances of the opiate game.

We can and have given harm reduction advice but we also like to give a little danger disclaimer because there are people out there who don’t know and the more it’s said the wider the idea is spread.

Also was wondering if my highs are normal I’m sure hydros affect everyone a lil differently but i get real emotional like one of my friends told me to stfu and i started crying also me and another buddy get really itchy all over mostly legs, belly, and lower back

This is side effect and withdrawal. It’s going to get WORSE the more you do. Please reconsider using these. If you have any injury down the line you’re going to need so much more and it will work way worse if at all. I really hope you reconsider. You have your whole life ahead of you and doing these will make it even harder on yourself.

^Well keif i think it can’t be said enough, the dangers of opiates. The OP seems to be somewhat educated on the subject and approaching it with some caution, but they might not be aware of how fast tolerance can grow and other nuances of the opiate game.

We can and have given harm reduction advice but we also like to give a little danger disclaimer because there are people out there who don’t know and the more it’s said the wider the idea is spread.

Sadly, what it often boils down to is a matter of space. We have a limited amount of said space on our front page and to be honest, knowing humans, a lot of folks will simply stop reading after looking at a set amount of text. Nobody is saying that spreading this knowledge is a "bad" thing. I am in agreement that everyone should be well-educated regarding the potential pitfalls of drug addiction, but again, given this limited amount of space and the limited willingness of people to sift through material, we have to take certain glaring truths as being well-understood.

So, when somebody logs on Bluelight and is desperately trying to find out if using Opioids with Benzodiazepines is contraindicated (example), we don't want them to, every single time, sift through paragraphs of disclaimers discussing the inherent danger of addiction. At some point, we have to decide what we are here for and what we are not here for. We are not here to discourage people from using drugs. I know this statement seriously chaps the asses of some people, but I'm sorry. We simply are not here for that purpose. We are here to help individuals who have made the conscious decision to use drugs, do so safely.

But... at the end of the day, we are not ethically or morally opposed man. The issue at hand is that we need to be as concise as possible when approaching scenarios which can be life-threatening. We just don't have the time or the room to post disclaimers all over the forums discouraging people from using drugs. The big picture statement here, is that by bombarding people with these disclaimers, we could be potentially preventing them from accessing material that could actually cause them serious, immediate harm.

I’m not knocking you keif but you generally write long winded explanations spanning multiple paragraphs. I’m not sure what space we are saving by not writing a couple sentence or one paragraph disclaimer.