• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Any theistic satanist out there?

Streetcow

Bluelighter
Hey I was wondering wether there was any theistic satanist using this forum thanks and hail satan!!!

-Streetcow

As a satanist what are your beliefs and how do you practice them? Just curious...

I am curious to know how you describe/define Satan. Is he literally the Satan of the bible or is he some other deity/god/persona? I am not quite sure the correct words to use here so forgive all my slashes.

I have some other questions as well, but they all hinge upon how you answer this first inquiry.

I have heard most satanists do not worship a being called 'satan' and it's more about doing things that make you happy. In fact, most of those satanists snark at the satanits that actually worship a being and say Hail Satan.

Yes, this is true but they would be non-theistic Satanists, which really is more like a life code than a religion. OP said he was theistic.

Both theistic and athiestice satanism, feels to me as a way for teenagers to rebel against their church going parents.

^Yep.

The Biblical Satan isn't a God, so - unless there's another Satan - I don't even know what theistic Satanism means.
Unless it means you believe in the Biblical God, and - by extension - the Bible... but you chose to worship Satan?
You can't have Satan without God.

If you worship Kali, you're Hindu.
Same goes for Satanism, as best I can figure.
Satanism is - must be - a "Christian religion".

If the Satan in the word Satanism is not Satan, then why is it called Satanism?
Seems pretty silly to me... Like believing in Santa Clause's wife, but not Santa.

I swear Satanism involves no theistic beliefs.. it's literally do what you want without hurting others?

I may be wrong.

ie This:

I have heard most satanists do not worship a being called 'satan' and it's more about doing things that make you happy. In fact, most of those satanists snark at the satanits that actually worship a being and say Hail Satan.

I think it's a play on the seven deady sins (which, i know, was never actually in the bible).. it's basically saying they're the things that feel the best.. so go ahead.

This is just from what i've heard from a friend who was into it (after reading Alistair Crowleys book).. As far as i can remember.. we're going back a good few years..

Like I said I may be wrong.

AFAIK Alistair Crowley is the founder of the "religion".. all stemming from his book.

It's called Satanism for two reasons.
One is Satanists believe that lifes purpose is your own enjoyment of it, and that enjoying life and freedom from rules is the way to live or something like that, Wikipedia explains it better.

The other reason as mentioned above is to piss off your parents. To be as in your face about it as possible. I know some people who call themselves Satanists. One is the same age as me, 26, but I consider her nothing but a big child. Wears a pentagram and generally tries to express her individuality by copying people she looks up too. Maybe some of them aren't like that but I've found every Satanist I've met to express identical behavior which bares little resemblance to what Satanism purports to be. They're invariably young people who feel marginalized and desire to be as provocative as possible while claiming they're simply expressing individuality that happens to be identical to every other Satanist.

Almost identical in all but name to those youths who call themselves wiccans or pagans.

Most are anything from your average monotheist. Often openly mocking such beliefs seeing no irony in it.

Ok ok ok I just got the thread and sooooo many comments....

to to address what I believe is that satan is the representation of the true God I have looked into many things such as the great spirit Buddha and traditional Buddhist beliefs baphomet egyptian mythology Gaian (ect ect ect) I think that many have an element of truth but some do not at all but in terms of experience when contacting spirits and what not on multiple occasions I have encounter most saying they have to do with baphomet or something closely related and those saying they have satans words of truth have given me truths that make the most sense out of everything I've ever heard (it's hard to explain just bear with me) after I looked into and I agree with many satanic philosophy's doctrines and ever since I have been a theistic satanist and to this day continue to seek all truth thank you for responding to the thread and have a very nice day!

-Streetcow

P.S. I do love my parents very much and would never rebel against them in fact they are ok with all my religious choices at the moment

^
Do you get your interpretation of satan from an Abrahamic religion/source?

Last edited:
No not the same but I get that they are tied and satans always gonna be tied along with Christians and I have consider that very negatively and at time thought of turning back because I didn't want to be associated with the Christian God but i find truth with satan and the other forms of him think of it like I believe in satan but I don't believe in Jesus and just cuz Jesus is tied with him I'm not gonna stop being a satanist also I don't believe humans have every aspect of satan down I don't even think that might be his/her real name! It's only the closest to the truth I can find thank you I hope that cleared it up (methamaniac) and if you have anymore questions just ask I'm not afraid to answer

-Streetcow

See, from my perspective your thoughts on Satanism just sounds like you worship another God or follow another religion. I am not saying your beliefs are shallow or anything it is just a gripe I have regarding people who say they are Satanists. I was curious, for the most part if you actually believed in the Satan from Christianity, as there are people who do, albeit a small group.

So, why is it called Satanism?

I think a lot of people adhering to non-theistic Satanism still use the term Satan for a few reasons. Satan, as a word can mean several things but "adversary" is what I think is most meaningful. Adversary does not necessarily mean an enemy of God, it can be used on a more human level. Non-theistic Satanism is not just do what you want. There is a strong belief in challenging those who attack you, thus you are their adversary.

It is also a very effective marketing tool. While many Satanists will say they do not want to harm Christians, they definitely disagree with its concepts and if you push them would probably agree that they want it abolished. What better way to attract people than using a term everyone is familiar with, ie Satan?

I think it's a play on the seven deady sins (which, i know, was never actually in the bible).. it's basically saying they're the things that feel the best.. so go ahead.

This is just from what i've heard from a friend who was into it (after reading Alistair Crowleys book).. As far as i can remember.. we're going back a good few years..

Like I said I may be wrong.

AFAIK Alistair Crowley is the founder of the "religion".. all stemming from his book.

Crowley wasn't really a satanist, he was more into hermeticism, kabballah and enochian magick. The 'Do What Thou Wilt' thing is ethos of the O.T.O which is the modern Thelemic 'church'.

Anton LaVey wrote the satanic bible and founded the Church of Satan. They are not exactly theistic, as satan is used allegorically to mean freedom or the will. Its atheistic Satanism.

SC said:
you have anymore questions just ask I'm not afraid to answer

Yeah, just another question or two if you don't mind....

No not the same but I get that they are tied and satans always gonna be tied along with Christians and I have consider that very negatively and at time thought of turning back because I didn't want to be associated with the Christian God but i find truth with satan and the other forms of him think of it like I believe in satan but I don't believe in Jesus and just cuz Jesus is tied with him I'm not gonna stop being a satanist also I don't believe humans have every aspect of satan down

So it seems you get your basic knowledge of satan from the bible ( I assume since you used term 'Christians'), it's just you believe satan was misrepresented/misinterpreted/wrongly portrayed?
Where else do you get your knowledge of satan from?

streetcow said:
don'teven think that might be his/her real name!

We'll he does have a host of names in the bible , so you have a lot to chose from. You'd probably want to stick with the ones pre-fall tho.

STREETCOW said:
but I find truth with satan and the other forms of him

What are some of his forms?

only the closest to the truth I can find

(If only generally) Can you describe this "truth" you find with satan?

Last edited: