• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Any solution to sleep easier on Amphetamine (Speed) ?

YoChillMaan

Greenlighter
Hello
When using Amphetamine it makes me energetic and sober just like when i woke up from the bed thats totally normal.
Yesterday I snorted a medium length thin line (Like the length and thickness of an ID Card or Bank Card)) with my friend (each) around 6-7PM I believe, but I'm still up, and this is the other day 9:48PM.
I tried to sleep but I still can't, I can happily eat with no problems at all or do anything just like a normal person except sleeping.
I don't use it very often and when I do just 1-2 lines at all like two times a month. (Like the length and thickness of an ID Card or Bank Card)
So my question is, is it posible i "developed" insomnia with this rarely usage ? it never happened to me before i was always able to sleep in the morning atleast 2-3 hours.
Or is it normal ? Shouldn't it be less effective over time rather more ?
He dosen't slept yet neither. Can we do something to soemhow fall asleep ?

Last edited:
Speed used to keep me up for several days at a time, so seems pretty normal to me.

Most stimulants will easily keep you up overnight if you're only taking them rarely and so never get the chance to build a tolerance to them; speed, Ritalin, MPA, and modafinil have all done it to me, and even coffee is known to cause insomnia in some sporadic users. If you have access to a benzo like Valium or Klonopin then give that that a go, and if not then maybe try drinking a moderate amount of alcohol to help you relax.
Also, smoking a cigarette helps a lot of people calm down (me included), but other people find it acts like a stimulant, so YMMV.

Last edited:
GABA agonists ala alcohol, benzos, z-drugs, gabapentin, phenibut, etc. Benadryl. Magnesium. Maybe a strong indica weed strain.

In regards to cigarettes for calming down, it's actually a scientific fact that short and rapid inhales have a more stimulating effect, and long, deep drags have a more relaxing and calming effect. Something to do with the way it modulates whatever receptors.

Guess that explains why I've always prefered slower and longer puffs.

Yeah smoking some Weed usually help me out in this.
nicotine just make me even more sober (don't ask me why, ask my chemistry :D)
Caffeine usually is uneffective for me but i drink coffee only for taste :D
But anyways finally i fell asleep and i had the sleep of my life :p thx for the tips btw :$

In regards to cigarettes for calming down, it's actually a scientific fact that short and rapid inhales have a more stimulating effect, and long, deep drags have a more relaxing and calming effect. Something to do with the way it modulates whatever receptors.

Yes - I remember reading that somewhere.

Anyways OP.... Seroquel works well for sleeping when on stimulants. Its easy to get prescribed. Just IME, do not use it during opiate withdrawal. Worst nightmares of my life.

Sadly, when we choose to dabble in stimulants, we can tend to forego some of our body's most basic functions. Sleep, hydration and nutrition are the big ones. This is a huge, globalizing statement, but if drugs like Amphetamines are your drugs of choice, you can expect there to be a pretty negative impact on your sleep habit.

The obvious answer to this conundrum would be to suggest a sedative along the lines of a Benzodiazepine, however, if Amphetamines are going to be a relatively chronic practice for you, it's not advisable, as you can easily develop a severe dependence upon Benzodiazepines in addition to your already detrimental usage of Amphetamines.

I don't hate stimulants and I don't hate Amphetamines, but I have a personal opinion that they much be approached with caution. Much like Benzodazepines, these drugs are not a "cure-all". If I need to write a paper that would typically take me 3 nights but I have to do it in one, I might reach for Amphetamines, followed by a sedative to comedown and attempt sleep. This is a one-off situation though. Continuing this process chronically will inevitably cause serious problems in both your physical health and your cognition.

The obvious answer to this conundrum would be to suggest a sedative along the lines of a Benzodiazepine,

I would not advise benzos while on amphetamine. This can lead to some pretty bad black outs - while the speed keeps you awake and the benzos keep your inhibitions lowered, you can do some pretty stupid stuff. If you do... make sure the speed high is over and don't get out of bed.

On a similar note, another thing worth thinking about is that resorting to taking benzos on a near-daily basis will end up saddling you with a much more fiendish addiction than amphetamine would ever give you; I'd say even alcohol or a weak opioid like codeine are less destructive options.
My previous reply was assuming that this wasn't a regular situation for you.

Usually i try to be away from any pills i take em if i must, or nothing else helps, im destroying myself enough dont want to make it any faster

Maybe try thc edible. Those things make me sleep like a baby . I have never done speed though. But the edible will help you eat , drink and sleep :)

I would keep in mind how potent marijuana edibles can be if considering that, along with how long they can take to begin to take effect and reach a peak.

Personally, speed doesn't keep me up unless I want to stay up, but on the occasions I've taken more than intended and couldn't sleep but wanted to, I sucked it up and accepted that I bought the ticket and was going to have to finish the ride.