• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Any other Teenage Opiate Addicts?

OntarioGuy

Bluelighter
So I Just wanted to know,are there alot of Opiate addicts under the age of 20 in here?Or former opiate addicts who became addicted and kicked as a teen(I was inspired by reading the Ketaman was only 19)I'm only 19 as well,and have been on opiates since the age of 15,at that age I was prescribed 3 Oxycontin 80's daily,1 every 8 hours,Then switched to Methadone,then I had surgery and was switched to high doses of Hydromorphone and Fentanyl.

What is your DOC?Do you plan to get off?have you noticed any long term health effects,both physically or mentally?
I heard that becoming addicted to opiates before the brain is fully developed can fuck with it's natural chemistry.

I myself hope to get off,but am afraid of the mental damage I may have caused(i.e might be depressed forever or something)So far I haven't noticed any negative health effects,other then the usual culprits like chronic constipation,and also phlebitis from IV'ing my opiates.

I'm 18 and have been addicted to tramadol for a few years with infrequent breaks, and use other opiates frequently. I too am worried about my neurochemistry being fucked up, especially since tramadol is also an SNRI and NMDA antagonist. but I don't expect to live much longer anyway. I'd like to get off, but with tramadol it's extremely difficult. I'm also a tobacco user.
The health effects i've gotten are mostly neutral in nature - can be a good and bad thing. But i've lost a lot of weight which hope to gain back this summer.

^^^I too lost alot of weight,I was always a fat kid,until the opiates,My highest was 280 pounds,lowest was 100,im now at 180,Methadone maintenance was a big help,though I'm no longer on it,but hope to be again soon

I'm not a teenager anymore but I was a teenage opiate addict. I got fully addicted by 16 but when I was 15 was still using almost daily(OC and Actiq).

right here
my doc is heroin
someday il get off, im only chipping at this moment anyway

I'm 19 currently and began taking opiates when I was 15 years old. I was addicted to methadone by the age of 17. I overdosed twice, still not sure why I'm here and I've been to rehab.

I started doing heroin when I was around 16 and ate percs and vicodin when I was even younger than that. Those were the first things I found in the medicine cabinet as I child. Ive been using off and on ever since then and currently havent been addicted badly in about 6 months. When I first kicked I a was depressed for a few months but it fades away. I still get high but I use a variety of drugs on different days to try and avoid addiction. Sometimes I slip up and get strung out but no where near as bad as I used to.

19 when i had my first major car wreck and 22 now but I dont plan on stopping and i dont abuse em anyways just gotta get through the days mainly. Currently on 30mg roxycodone 4 times a day usually dont use all of those a month anyways. I havent noticed any bad side effects and actually have gotten to a healthier weight since then and have stopped using any other illicit drugs. So i guess its worked out as well as it could have.

I'm no longer a teen but started heroin use when I was in my teens and am now 23 and have over 14 months clean. That is still around your age.

When I was 18 I got Percocet after my wisdom teeth procedure. I've tried every opioid available in the US except fentanyl. I plan on being on them for the rest of my life, especially because I have two bulging disks and some disk degeneration.

I'm only 19 as well,and have been on opiates since the age of 15,at that age I was prescribed 3 Oxycontin 80's daily,1 every 8 hours,Then switched to Methadone,then I had surgery and was switched to high doses of Hydromorphone and Fentanyl.

How the hell did you get that script at age 15? You had to be on opiates prior to this or you would OD taking 240mg of oxy/day.

I was on Opiates before that,I went into my Doctor and explained my situation of being physically dependent and how it was negatively effecting all aspects of my life (i.e School,Draining my inheritance from my deceased mother)

^and he just gave u 240mg oxy per day on the spot cuz he felt bad for u? and at 15? wow...

Yea I gotta call BS on that man. No doctor is gonna give you OC's for opiate addiction. You'd get methadone or suboxone.

I started with the opes when i was 14. when i turned 16 it became an everyday thing and has been ever since (im 22), mainly oxycodone, morphine and fentanyl. I started with morphine and when i turned 16 it was oxy and fent, now it's just roxi. My DOC is roxicodone and i never plan to get off but it will inevitably happen b/c everything good comes to an end at some point. And no, i have not noticed any bad long term effects and i have been a daily IV user for almost 5 years (not even any bad WD symptoms except for cold sweats and mental cravings).

Yea I gotta call BS on that man. No doctor is gonna give you OC's for opiate addiction. You'd get methadone or suboxone.

As if I care what you think...why would I just make that up?lol,and I've talked about this on bl before,There was no Methadone Program in my town at the time(pop.8,000)though there was one coming about six months after the script.The Doctor agreed to give it to me,under the condition that I transferred to Methadone,I also only got 3 80's per day,I had to go in every single day for three pills,to get me in the "methadone clinic routine".

Had you read my first post,I said I started on Oxy and was switched to Methadone.

Well im 17 and have been using up to 80mg of oxy a day for the past few months, quit for a few weeks and started using dope a little. Now i still use both on and off. Im about to blow 100mg of OC 36000ft. above the atlantic :D

Only got 3 80s a day???

beggars can be choosers apparenlty.

Why didn't he give you methadone???

19 and addicted to oxy. It would be H if I could find any! Tired of paying for three 80's a night.

I have tried literally almost every major drug and just recently started oxy's and its the only thing I got addicted to.

i'm 18. i don't use anymore. but i started using opiates at age 12, i started with vicodin and from there to oxy and from there to methadone. got addicted, age 15 came, got locked up for 6 months, couldnt use, and went through hellish withdrawals from methadone. when i got out, i started back up again using oxy, heroin, and some fentanyl. then after i turned 16 i went to treatment and failed that, kept using, and it took the 3rd time in residential treatment, to get me clean.