• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Any other substance?

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
Is there any other substance other then phenibut that will help w anxiety....Maybe something like phenibut?

I liked it at the beginning but I failed to follow the warnings of over using it...

Was on a tub for months until I flushed it down the toilet and forced myself in withdrawals.

In October I got flubromazalam and that stuff was awful....Kept getting into my roommates Norco, I could of died....

I'm just trying to look for something safe that can take the edge off.

I use otc supplements instead of prescription anxiety meds (we don't have phenibut In u.s. instead the popular ones are xanax and valium not sure how they compare though).

The unregulated supplements I prefer though are...
A magnesium citrate powdered drink mix called, Calm. Drink at night as it will make you drowsy and it will help prevent anxiety through the next day.
If I need additional help during the day I take valerian root and for additional help at night I take tart cherry (I have the pill supplements but you can also buy the juice instead) tart cherry will naturally increase melatonin and extend your deep sleep cycles which is preferable over taking synthetic melatonin supplements which are not effective long term and will eventually make it harder to get restful sleep naturally and in some cases have been known to cause night terrors.

If you're looking for a high they probably won't give you what you're looking for. But they are much safer options for coping with anxiety.

Yeah definitely start with those. I've used Valerian root to treat my panic attacks/anxiety since I was about 12. Calm(Magnesium citrate) I discovered more recently- doctor suggested it as a safe alternative, noting that the major of people a magnesium deficient. Tart cherry also more recent and the few times I've needed it I slept like a baby.

we don't have phenibut In u.s.
We do have phenibut in the states and its otc. Its in pretty much every store that sells vitamins including the major chains that you find on every corner.

Hey OP, have you given CBD a try?? Many people swear by its effectiveness. I, myself, personally find it to be somewhat useful by itself in high doses but much more useful/helpful in moderate does combined with kratom.
If you do decide to give CBD(or kratom for that matter) a shot, avoid purchasing from gas stations as its typically either A: not the dosage listed on the package. Or B: not even CBD at all.

Last edited:
I’ve tried CBD, even CBD. W a little THC. It’s ok once in a while but it does however make me kinda panicy because I have cannabis psychotic disorder changed to MDD, w psychotic features.

Every time I even take a hit of the bowl I freak out.

I use kratom also, my fav is Red maeng.....greens make me jumpy and anxious even tho that's what I
m using now....

Used to get it fronted to me until I told Leo to cut me off in November....Owe them 200 for some...

GOLD MAEND DA is another favorite,,

Yeah definitely start with those. I've used Valerian root to treat my panic attacks/anxiety since I was about 12. Calm(Magnesium citrate) I discovered more recently- doctor suggested it as a safe alternative, noting that the major of people a magnesium deficient. Tart cherry also more recent and the few times I've needed it I slept like a baby.
Valerian root is a good alternative won't get you wasted but will help with calming and put you into a sedating state. I had to take handfuls to feel it but try them 1 at a time if your Intrested. As for phenibut I too am Intrested in trying. We can't get it here in UK (not even kava)

I’ve tried CBD, even CBD. W a little THC. It’s ok once in a while but it does however make me kinda panicy because I have cannabis psychotic disorder changed to MDD, w psychotic features.

CBD has all the same qualities as THC but minus the euphoria. But as you don't react well with it CBD might make it worse and I don't get much from it when taking it sublingually I got insomnia 2x of trying but this might be not your experience of it. I also don't know what stuff I got some brands are aimed at vaping it which isn't as bad as oral use.

Kava and Kratom are both good for anxiety. At least in my experience.
Kratom is good not nice to get down though. Kava no experience but if you have a tolerance to gaba drugs it's probably useless as it works in a similar way to benzos

Im sorry to hear that.
I can somewhat relate as in my ealy 30s all of a sudden(after smokin regularly since i was 12) any time i attempted to smoke, no matter how little, it would send me into massive panic states with tunnel vision, elevated heart-rate and hearing loss. It lasted for about 3 years until i just stopped smoking(for another 3yrs) because i couldnt handle "the fear" that became incapacitating even at the thought of cannabis.
I know it not quite the same(as it was lingering but temporary) but for those 3yrs it was horrific so i do empathize with you.

Is there any other substance other then phenibut that will help w anxiety....Maybe something like phenibut?

I liked it at the beginning but I failed to follow the warnings of over using it...

Was on a tub for months until I flushed it down the toilet and forced myself in withdrawals.

In October I got flubromazalam and that stuff was awful....Kept getting into my roommates Norco, I could of died....

I'm just trying to look for something safe that can take the edge off.

I'd advise trying Chlordiazapoxide (it;s the lightest benzo) and the pills come in tiny doses to you can start with 1 or which you will very barely feel And then work your way up to a dose that feels right for you

I'd advise trying Chlordiazapoxide (it;s the lightest benzo) and the pills come in tiny doses to you can start with 1 or which you will very barely feel And then work your way up to a dose that feels right for you
Librium is actually a good benzo it's very subtle but helps alcohol w/d better than other benzos because it's low potency and long half-life. I got a chilled out feeling on it but benzos aren't really a good alternative for anything really. Also oxazepam is probably the weakest benzo takes ages to come on and is very weak in effects. That would maybe be less addictive than Librium IMO

There are several substances I use to take the edge off of anxiety. Actually I came off phenibut pretty recently too. These substances don't get you high and are mild, but do help, and they're not addictive. L-theanine is the first one, it's an amino acid that takes the edge off of anxiety and also helps you get drowsy (but it doesn't make me tired, it's just relaxing). Oleamide is another one, it's pretty useful for anxiety and sleeping. L-tryptophan is good for sleep and also can help with anxiety. Magnesium (you'd want to get a calcium-magnesium combination as they're necessary for each other to absorb properly) relaxes the muscles which can help if you're feeling tense. diphenhydramine (Benadryl) at 25-50mg does a pretty good job of getting rid of anxiety, moreso than the others by far. But it's a drug, at that dose you won't get high but it changes you a little and it also produces pretty strong drowsiness. I've heard rhodiola rosea is a good herb for anxiety but I only tried it a few times and that was years ago when I was just trying everything, I don't think I ever took it when I was anxious.

I'm still readjusting to no phenibut and even if I take it every once in a while now I get a short period of light withdrawal from it. When that happens, I'll take L-theanine and oleamide every few hours throughout the day and then at night I'll take melatonin, diphenhydramine, and L-tryptophan to sleep. I notice some residual calming effect for a few hours in the morning, from the diphenhydramine.

Diphenhydramine is not addictive but it's not good for you to take all the time so I wouldn't look to it as a permanent solution. Of course some people with bad allergies take it daily for long periods of time. I don't think it's good for you though.