• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Any other participants here in Spravato?

anon123isme

Greenlighter
Hey,

I'm just wondering if anyone here is using esketamine therapeutically?

I've had some intense trips on the 84mg dosage as of late that I honestly feel shouldn't be possible at that dose. The psychedelic effects are also becoming somewhat more pronounced with each dosage, though dissociation is only brief.

If anyone's interested in sharing trip reports I think that would be great. I'd also like to hear if anyone is having as much success with relief from their depression as I've experienced.

Thanks!

Hey,

I've had some intense trips on the 84mg dosage as of late that I honestly feel shouldn't be possible at that dose. The psychedelic effects are also becoming somewhat more pronounced with each dosage, though dissociation is only brief.

If anyone's interested in sharing trip reports I think that would be great. I'd also like to hear if anyone is having as much success with relief from their depression as I've experienced.

Thanks!
I have had the same experience lately. My "k-hole" the other night off just 100mg was better than when I tried 200mg a week before. I attribute it to attitude. While last week I was chasing that "high" (if you could call it that), this time I chose to crawl into bed and hide under my blankets and what happens I didnt care either way. I only truly dissociated for fragments here and there and the whole ordeal only lasted about 20 minutes but it was intense body euphoria and closed eye visuals like crazy. I did have a really good soundtrack too with binaural beats. I should note that my ketamine is obtained and insufflated the old school way.

Hey,

Thanks!
I'm really sorry but I can't answer your question because I never tried it. Im looking for some basic info as I suffer from chronic depression for the last 10 years. I tried all categories of antidepressants and nothing works. I recently heard about Spravato and it seems like a real deal. Does it really work and how often you have to take it? It seems quite expensive and I'm not sure that I can afford it. I'm in Australia and after all Government discounts one bottle is around $500. If you can give me some more info about this lt would be much appreciated.

"Therapeutically", hah, I've told myself that's what I'm doing but it invariably doesn't turn out to be very therapeutic and mostly I just end up needing actual therapy to get over it. 😄 Last time was almost 3 weeks ago and probably precipitated the darkest and most acute period of profound distress and sadness that I can remember in a very long time. I have abused ketamine though, frankly, and it has always been pro-depressive for me although for some reason despite a vague awareness of this fact I have continually returned to it. If you can have a profound experience from 84mg then you are obviously not anywhere near my own (probably perma)tolerance, so despite my own experience I don't want to sound like I am completely dismissing it, (es)ketamine IS therapeutic for some people, it can be very valuable. I have had many profound experiences using ketamine - but I really have to be honest that my usage was probably always escapist, and recreational. The overlap with dissociatives and psychedelics for me just provided a way to convince myself that it was anything other than that, and I can say fairly confidently that it never actually improved my life outside the immediately comforting bounds of dissociation.

My sense is that this is a fairly common delusion of the entire class - I actually have yet to hear anyone convincingly say that ketamine was itself instrumental in truly improving their life in the longterm, except those who are using it for physical pain relief. Of course, using it for the alleviation of psychological sufferring is a type of pain relief - and again I don't rule out that this can be done, I believe there are good reasons that it is an approved medicine, although the recent approval and legitimisation of it with the Spravato brand is really just kind of incidental as far as I'm concerned, the medicinal properties it does hold, it held before Spravato existed and remain unchanged, if hopefully a little more studied. I guess I just hope to sound a note of caution, as well as a medicine it is a potent inducer of the delusion that it is beneficial when objectively it quite clearly isn't for many individuals, and this makes attempts to use it therapeutically fairly dangerous. But, anyone who can use it therapeutically for any sustained length of time, and can honestly say that their experience does not match my own at all - obviously still be careful, but I'm glad it works for some and am also very interested in hearing about these experiences, so please do report back. 🙂

For myself though this recent quite profound darkness has to be a clear red line, this isn't the first time I've professed I'm not gonna touch it for a long time and reneged on my own promise but for me this time really needs to be different, it just doesn't work for me.

For myself though this recent quite profound darkness has to be a clear red line, this isn't the first time I've professed I'm not gonna touch it for a long time and reneged on my own promise but for me this time really needs to be different, it just doesn't work for me.
Are you from Australia by any chance? Here they have a different rules and you are not allowed to take Spravato home. Take it at your Dr's ordination or in a pharmacy and leave it there. I'm still not sure is it available for the people on low income as one bottle costs around $400. With consession. 🤔

No, I'm from the tinier English speaking island. 😆 In case I wasn't clear, maybe I didn't even mention, this wasn't prescription ketamine, although I have on occasion made my own nasal sprays. Spravato isn't approved here and ketamine is only used for emergency anaesthesia, to my knowledge. Oh, actually I just had a look and there are ketamine clinics here too apparently which kinda surprised me. Apparently ketamine can only be legally administered via IV, although an oral solution can be prescribed and taken home I think. 🤔

Probably only officially for pain relief but I'm sure it would be possible to just essentially pay for a prescription for some vague off-label condition and then... I guess someone could evaporate the solution and make it into a nasal spray if they really wanted to... but definitely is equally inaccessible to people on low income since low income people here generally don't have private healthcare, and I'd imagine you might have to go up yet another echelon of privilege to find a doctor who would be willing to prescribe even oral ketamine for mental health issues.

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. My GP is a great guy and l've been his patient for the last 15 years. I got an app. next month and will try to ask all the relevant questions. All the best.