• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Any novel use for Prozac besides taking it daily?

darvocet21

Bluelighter
I have a lot of it (20mg) and don't want to throw it away if I've missed some way to employ it

Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors like Prozac (chemical name fluoxetine) have no recreational value unfortunately besides maybe to alleviate hangover from serotonin releasing drugs like MDMA. Just don't combine the two, it won't positively intensify but put you at risk for rare but potentially fatal serotonin syndrom. To take prozac for some days after a roll might aid in recovery however.

Could they be used to abort a bad trip?
No. Might rather add new symptoms to the bad trip imho.

Here, when it's a serotonergic psychedelic, either benzodiazepines like lorazepam, diazepam/valium etc, sedating antihistamines like diphenhydramine (OTC but don't take more than recommended) etc.. Yet the best aid is to carefully select set and setting, and having an experienced sitter.

That’s what I’ve done in the past, clonazepam and stuff, I was hoping that maybe those were options too, I heard that if you take a psychedelic while on an SSRI it keeps the psychedelic from working

That’s what I’ve done in the past, clonazepam and stuff, I was hoping that maybe those were options too, I heard that if you take a psychedelic while on an SSRI it keeps the psychedelic from working
You would need a 5ht2a antagonist like mirtazapine and some of the newer atypical antipsychotics. These should indeed work as trip-stoppers :) but with fluoxetine it's not a direct mechanism, due to the increase in serotonin the receptors desensitize which needs some time - thus the initial side effects which fade away with regular use (LSD worked for me even while on venlafaxine, while shrooms didn't). Taking fluoxetine while on a trip when you're not tolerant to it from daily use might even trigger serotonin syndrome (mild variants consist mainly of headache, agitation/anxiety and tachycardia/hypertension).

No. Might rather add new symptoms to the bad trip imho.

Here, when it's a serotonergic psychedelic, either benzodiazepines like lorazepam, diazepam/valium etc, sedating antihistamines like diphenhydramine (OTC but don't take more than recommended) etc.. Yet the best aid is to carefully select set and setting, and having an experienced sitter.
Aborting a bad trip should be avoided whenever possible in favor of facing and integrating as much as possible the painful unconscious contents arising from psychedelic sessions.
Stanislav Grof, who administered more psychedelic sessions than possibly any other living person from the late 50s through the early 70s, wrote that drugs given in the hospital to arrest the effects of bad trips, like thorazine, frequently lead to a prolonging of depression/psychotic episodes

It's for this reason that I don't think it's a good idea for anybody who suffers from mental illness to attempt high dose psychedelic sessions until that time, hopefully in the near future, when they are once again available for responsible research by professionals with attention paid to appropriate set & setting.

Last edited:
So a bad trip can be helpful? Personally I’ve really only had one bad trip from psychedelics, it was from 25-i, no other psychedelic has ever made me feel bad, their intense, and I feel like I’m dying sometimes, but I likemhow mpthey make me feel dead, it’s like I’m dead ina good way lol if that make sense
Lol I just had to edit this because my phone thought it would be a gd idea to auto correct “that make sense” to “that make sexy sense” how do I turn off auto correct

So a bad trip can be helpful? Personally I’ve really only had one bad trip from psychedelics, it was from 25-i, no other psychedelic has ever made me feel bad, their intense, and I feel like I’m dying sometimes, but I likemhow mpthey make me feel dead, it’s like I’m dead ina good way lol if that make sense
Lol I just had to edit this because my phone thought it would be a gd idea to auto correct “that make sense” to “that make sexy sense” how do I turn off auto correct
No, it's great for sexting :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
What about aborting a bad trip that includes 6 hours of puking then spitting up blood? All from 1 dose (supposedly)
Your dealer or whoever you got it from is disrespecting the head ethic. Call him up and tell them they should be ashamed of themselves for misrepresenting something noxious as an entheogen and you're cutting them off

At the tail end of my 13 years of daily drug abuse I had a gratifying experience when my main connect who had abused his position of power called me up after several days of not hearing from me to say he'd come across some pills he knew I would like but there were only so many and the price was high and non negotiable but worth it. I told him no and that his services were no longer needed and I had to let him go

I take it that means delaying orgasm in a bad way. Not useful for premature ejaculation...?
Actually I found it useful for PE with no difference in quality. It's not exactly reliable though, and you have to be taking it for at least a few days for that effect, at least that's my experience.

^^ Definitely in a bad way. In a super annoying FML why do I even bother trying to cum kinda way.

It could also be used to obliterate the libido of sex offenders.
I'm not sure why but I thought you were a chick. Maybe because you posts carry that extra level of empathy and compassion which I automatically assume emanates from a feminine voice. My own bias from growing up in the 80s.

It could be used for that off-label use but there are far more effective measures available to the criminal justice system, if the offender isn't killed by a fellow inmate first

Probably some people are going to react to that "Gawd he's a jerk! How heteronormative! First he nearly misgenders her, and now he has the audacity to flirt! And with a staff member!!" <punches REPORT button>