• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Any Known Interactions between Wellbutrin and Mescaline?

whiteroom67

Bluelighter
Wikipedia states about Wellbutrin/Bupropion that it is a norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibitor, the primary pharmacological action of the drug is as a mild dopamine reuptake inhibitor and also a much weaker norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor as well as a nicotinic acetylcholine receptor antagonist. Chemically, bupropion belongs to the class of aminoketones and is similar in structure to stimulants such as cathinone and amfepramone, and to phenethylamines in general.

I know Mescaline is considered a phenylethylamine as well and was wondering if there were any known interactions between the two.

Wellbutrin is a substituted cathinone (β-ketoamphetamine), as well as a substituted amphetamine.
while being an anti depressant and smoke cessation aid. I know some people who are on it. They say that sometimes with psychedelics, certain things like acid or mushrooms are intensely potentated for burst of a short burst time, but then their trip is cut short. By like HALF if not more. Wellbutrin, i've always thought it pretty damn weird given that it's an anti depressant and smoking cessation aid. Given that if it was Cathinone, most people would probably want to smoke more.

Really, why would you taint a mescaline experience with Wellbutrin. I'm not going to tell anyone to go off their meds. But yes there will be interactions. With anything you have in your system. I'd suggest thinking about why you want to take mescaline. Then maybe thinking about not taking the Wellbutrin for 2-3 days before doing the mescaline... you really might learn something amazing. But, once again, you didn't hear that from me.

I have only been on the Wellbutrin for like a week and was prescribed it for PAWS from stopping Kratom/oxy. I honestly can't even tell if it's doing anything anymore. I feel pretty much completely normal mood-wise before I take it, while on it, and after if wears off. I'm on one of the lowest doses possible... 150 mg SR, once a day, so 150 mg spread over 12 hours. It had a speedy feel the first few days and now I feel just normal. I wasn't planning on being on it long-term in any case. I've taken mescaline before and was just curious as to how they would affect each other, if at all.

okay well thats cool.
I known at the right doses that mescaline is a true teacher into "why things are the way they are" like addictions, depression, anxiety.
It can really help you uproot the cause in the right set and setting. Be safe is all. ^.^