• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Any Irish out there?

Been raising me some Leprechauns, gonna have the wee sprites show me where the golds at.

I had some friends from Dublin so went for a visit. They took me on a wonderful tour of the southern counties whilst educating me on history behind 'the troubles'... Lovely, friendly people. I was welcomed in every pub I went, even though it was 1990 and England played Ireland ( and lost) in the world cup. There were always music sessions going on in every pub - heard loads of blarney...

Much later, I found out my friends were members of the IRA and had met them when they were (allegedly) plotting to bomb an army barracks in Staffordshire....

Still got many mixed feelings about this....

It's a secret!

That's genuinely what it means: "it's a secret". :)

surprised to see english people with negative experiences about ireland
its the year 2015 now and id like to think (as someone from ireland and who lives in dublin) that all that had passed

am pretty sure they were isolated experiences a very long time ago.

I love Dublin myself. I had more negative experiences in Paris than I ever had in Dublin.

Evey

Never been to Ireland but I'm American Irish and very proud of it.My great,great grandfather fought in the Irish brigade in Antietam(they were some bad motherfuckers) My family hails from Kerry and I found this post because I typed in Thin Lizzy in search bar. Don't get me wrong I'm a big appetite for destruction fan but anyone else think slash stole his style from robertson and Gorham ? Maybe stole is a bit harsh but they must've influenced him.I know axle loved Phil Lynott but never heard about slash being influenced from Thin Lizzy. Long live Phil

Any cranberry song could be added to that. Sorry was replying to someone askingif they'd ever heard an Irish song and someone put Thin Lizzy and Rory Gallagher,don't know why their quote wasn't posted to my reply. Aye this wee computer can kiss my arse(come on Irish folks is that correct dialect,lol) Would love to see Ireland before I die my father was very much proud American Irish(more proud Irish then American).

Last edited:
Nam, As an American, how many Americans do you know that aren't part irish? Pretty much everyone I knew/ know American wise has a bit of Irish in them!

I just say I'm American or simply a Heinz 57. Iz a bit of everything and tbh, I have no clue of half of my lineage. I do know that my family is a mixture of Russian Jewish, Irish and Welsh. Beyond that I haven't got a fucking clue. I was born in the states, grew up in the states hence I'm American.

Last edited: