• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox Any ideas for "untreatable" kratom withdrawal?

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member
I'm 44 hours into cold turkey after a very fast dramatic taper (which seemed to help some, but not a lot). I have had worse kratom wds before. This time I have pretty much all the symptoms other than runny nose/congestion (which I find odd). I am sneezing, though.

This is turning out to be one of the worst withdrawals I've ever had in a unique way-- I can't take ANYTHING to help. I know it sounds weird but fuck I can't make this up.

Due to me having serotonin syndrome a few days ago, I CANNOT TAKE:
-kratom itself, bupe, any opioid or even lope
-DXM/DPH
-Valerian/passionflower/magnesium/L-theanine/melatonin
-I can't even take fucking Ibuprofen or aspirin~!! (not joking, I took 325mg aspirin yesterday and it brought on major agitation and restlessness (not from withdrawal, but from too high of serotonin)

ALL of these things--^ have an effect on serotonin, even if minor, I can still feel it
google any of them + "serotonin syndrome" and you will see what I mean...

It's totally fucked...

I have kratom sitting here next to me but I dare not take it. The drug I am dependent on was also putting me into serotonin syndrome, totally fucked...

anyways, I've had worse withdrawals before I'm just very frustrated I can't do anything.

So far only frequent long hot showers and stretching/messaging seems to help for a few minutes. I am scared to go exercise.. as this also increases serotonin.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas, I doubt it, but whatevs

peace

it's actually astounding just how many drugs, supplements and even vitamins increase or modulate serotonin in the brain... nearly everything I can think of other than benzos.

it's actually astounding just how many drugs, supplements and even vitamins increase or modulate serotonin in the brain... nearly everything I can think of other than benzos.
Don't suppose you can get your hands on any benzos, huh?

I mean just to have some in case you get any more weirded out about all this. I know you can't get a script.....any friends that can toss you a few?

I am so sorry you are going through this. Sounds bloody awful. I really had no idea kratom affects serotonin so much. To the point that you can't even take a comfort dose of it ( like just a few grams to calm your nerves ).

Stay strong, man. <3

I'm 44 hours into cold turkey after a very fast dramatic taper (which seemed to help some, but not a lot). I have had worse kratom wds before. This time I have pretty much all the symptoms other than runny nose/congestion (which I find odd). I am sneezing, though.

This is turning out to be one of the worst withdrawals I've ever had in a unique way-- I can't take ANYTHING to help. I know it sounds weird but fuck I can't make this up.

Due to me having serotonin syndrome a few days ago, I CANNOT TAKE:
-kratom itself, bupe, any opioid or even lope
-DXM/DPH
-Valerian/passionflower/magnesium/L-theanine/melatonin
-I can't even take fucking Ibuprofen or aspirin~!! (not joking, I took 325mg aspirin yesterday and it brought on major agitation and restlessness (not from withdrawal, but from too high of serotonin)

ALL of these things--^ have an effect on serotonin, even if minor, I can still feel it
google any of them + "serotonin syndrome" and you will see what I mean...

It's totally fucked...

I have kratom sitting here next to me but I dare not take it. The drug I am dependent on was also putting me into serotonin syndrome, totally fucked...

anyways, I've had worse withdrawals before I'm just very frustrated I can't do anything.

So far only frequent long hot showers and stretching/messaging seems to help for a few minutes. I am scared to go exercise.. as this also increases serotonin.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas, I doubt it, but whatevs

peace
Lyrica helps me with RLS...thats for sure.My was bad,but bareble.No goose bumps,no running nose,no pain...not like opie.Had insomnia very long,profound sweating,feel like mop,without power to move,severe depression6-8 months on 20g....and can say that from whole the shit i have guitter cold turkey.this was easest.But that only physical part.Codeine or dhc may be

How do you know you have serotonin syndrome? I think it's a mistake to assume you have a certain condition without seeing concrete proof. The brain is very complex and many things can cause overlapping symptoms.

Be careful assessing yourself based on information you find on the internet. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7309668/

See what I mean, that article indicates kratom actually has antagonist activity at serotonin receptors 5-HT2a and 5-HT2c

How do you know you have serotonin syndrome?
I went to the hospital 3 days ago, they confirmed and gave me 2mg IM ativan instructed me to stop taking everything and I left the next morning after finally being able to sleep. I now have a several thousand dollar bill waiting for me. At first I did self diagnose, however it eventually got worse and worse with every kratom dose, even after risperidone was discontinued.

I thought it was rather horrendous, although by medical definition my case was "mild", although I will tell you... even mild SS feels very severe

I had every "mild" symptom other than diarrhea and poor coordination, the severe agitation was the worst symptom.

combination of risperidone + kratom seemed to induced it, because I am so hopelessly dependent on kratom it took awhile to resolve. Ashwagandha (from a month ago) had something to do with it as well, I suspect, because I have taken risperidone + kratom before, for over a year, and never had this issue at all

the symptoms stop after about 12-16hrs after my last kratom dose, I feel OK now, other than full blown kratom withdrawal

I can't explain to you what exactly caused it, other than 3 different serotonergic supplements/drugs, both alcohol and cannabis made it worse as well

it got REALLY bad one night after throwing alcohol on top, which is when I went to the hospital, my temperature went up to 101, my heart rate was 100+ for over 12 hours, heavily dilated pupils, I was pacing around confused and took 5 showers within a few hours, shivering and couldn't keep warm even with 3 layers of clothes on under my bed sheets, having weird tremors, etc, etc several more symptoms including hallucinations I have not had with schizophrenia before.

ijms-20-02288-g001.png

Last edited:
Yeah, push-ups. Push-ups help opioid withdrawal to a significant degree. Problem is getting started. The effect is fast acting and not subtle. Do as many as you can in 1 minute, and so this a few times a day. Works well but it is hard to get started at first. It becomes addictive and rewarding eventually.

Yeah, push-ups. Push-ups help opioid withdrawal to a significant degree. Problem is getting started. The effect is fast acting and not subtle. Do as many as you can in 1 minute, and so this a few times a day. Works well but it is hard to get started at first. It becomes addictive and rewarding eventually.
I've been lifting a dumbbell at night which definitely helps for the RLS in my arms. I'll try some pushups too.

But at this point my muscles are incredibly sore and weak, not from exercise but from simple lack of sleep. Chronic. I've over the acute wds, I simply cannot sleep due to severe early PAWS

gah I'm desperate

only slept 1 hour last night in 2x 30 min blocks

You should go to a gym and pay for a drop in, shouldn't be more than $10

This will allow you to explore all the various equipment they have before investing in a membership, just try not to stare too much at all the hot chicks you'll see

Spend a good hour in there then go home and eat some good food