Any idea as to why I went straight to PAWS? Very strange IME.

Worknatit

Greenlighter
10 days clean; My habit was about 5-7 30mg (150-210mg) oxycodone per day for about 18 months. Seems pretty high for some if not most right? Well I have been through the quitting process before, this is my 4th time now but the strangest thing to me which I still cannot figure out (but very grateful for) is why in the world did I NOT experience any physical WD symptoms after cold turkey? I mean, maybe the runs every couple days and besides meal replacements I have no appetite still but I've been sleeping 8 hours at least per night since day one, I did not have any pain, nausea, hoping to just die physical WD at all none of that. Not even skin crawling RLS nothing. However, I did feel like I went straight to paws it's day 11 now(technically, it's almost 2am) but the only reason I'm even awake this late is because I'm actually getting my energy back quite fast and also slept in very late yesterday. Any ideas at all? I can't stop wondering what did I do this time that was so different to where I had barely any physical WD I mean less than a minor flu and sleeping good. I'm baffled and so is my cousin any ideas at all? I'll be more tha happy to answer any questions anyone has. Who knows, this might actually help people cause I did research before starting a thread but found no similar situations. Thanks guys!

I remember one same kind of situation written here few months ago.

Congrats for your clean time and not having WDs!

Consider yourself lucky this time and remember that it might not happen next time :)

PAWS is the worst phase for me as I can cope with the WDs quite well.

Can you elaborate a little more on your process? I know you said cold turkey, but did you taper at all? Any comfort meds, loperamide or anything? Benzos?

I'm super interested! I'm on day 16 myself and am also super surprised with how good I feel already!

Thanks! Do u remember at all what the conclusion was? Cause I couldn't really find any similar scenarios.

Actually 14yearsofflux, pretty much all that u listed, kinda. I guess u can call it a super rapid taper cause I went from my original 5-7 30s down to only 2 30s but I mean super rapid cause I only did it for one day before going CT. I stayed away from the benzos cause I know how dangerous those can be but going straight to PAWS I'd be lieing if I said I didn't want them. The whole "I'm bored af but nothing at all sounds entertaining" phase really sucks. Makes me feel like I'm trapped in a cage, bored but don't WANT to do anything. Now come to think of it, my cousin gave me a few of his .1mg colonodine and I did take one of those once a day for the first several days. I am a research guy so I do know that colonodine helps a lot with sleep and RLS and they used it for opiate detox at one point but it still didn't make sense. With my habit I should not have been able to sleep 8-10 hours every night, no skin crawling not even any flu symptoms. Now I'll tell you the last times I quit I experienced almost all the symptoms but every time the worst for me was nausea. Whenever I quit I would just vomit acid for the first 3-5 days above all other symptoms but this time (again, very grateful) I had zero nausea. Nothing at all. Just quit and went straight to paws. Low energy, malaise all that which has pretty much almost completely gone away by now. Day 11 clean goin on 12 and feeling pretty good like 80 percent. One last thing I did do almost every night was take an Epsom salt bath. Whatever WD anyone is going through I HIGHLY recommend Epsom salt baths. Make sure u do research cause you can actually overdose on Epsom salt as it soaks in through the skin but I'm thinking the Epsom salt baths mixed with one low dose colonodine per day is what did it. Thanks guys hope this helps someone, whatever it was sure helped me a TON but I'm not taking it for granted. Actually it's more like "that was too easy for a opiate detox I'm definitely taking advantage of this and staying off for good this time" that's my mindset now at least :)

Just an update if anyone is keeping up; I'm on day idk by now 16 or 17 clean I lost track due to my mentality of "just forget about it all together ur done." I'm feelin better every day that's a fact, today I drank some alcohol for the first time in a while (I've never been a drinker, never really liked it). Now, I understand the whole "trading one addiction for another" and how alcoholism is even worse than an opiate addiction but I can never get addicted to alcohol. It bloats me, makes me sick sometimes etc.. Question is; I'm in PAWS and honestly just changing my state of mind with a drink is nice every now and then. While going through the PAWS it's a battle trying to keep going with work and life which I'm prepared for, can I have a drink now and then?????? Lol I'm a research guy and I'm telling u I'm not gonna trade one for another and become an alcoholic. It's just a break every now and then from that battle. I'm thinking at about the one or two month mark I'll be done with paws. What u guys think?

maybe you took so much on a consistent basis that there was a little bit in your bloodstream for days afterward. and maybe after those few days when your body completely eliminated it is when you started to feel the withdrawal. idk man

maybe you took so much on a consistent basis that there was a little bit in your bloodstream for days afterward. and maybe after those few days when your body completely eliminated it is when you started to feel the withdrawal. idk man

Well although that could be true in some sense, I do understand the science behind a drugs half-life so I doubt it. After I took my last dose it was out my system within the first 3-5 days. It is oxycodone not methadone or anything.. Thx for the input tho.