• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Any home remedies for mild sepsis infections?

Medicatedmama

Greenlighter
I've been visiting this site on and off for years, mostly just looking up the answers I needed and then moving on with my life until something else came up. So this actually my first post.

I use needles every now and then and I've had the typical wounds, scars, etc... I've always been worried about infections and I'm pretty sure I've got a mild sepsis thing going on and was hoping someone had some 19th century home remedy or something.

It's been a couple days and the injection site is still sore, swollen, and red. I've had an ice pack on it all day.

My heart rate is pretty high even though I have barely moved, and my arms are just worn out, like I just flew in from new jersey. (Injected in my ankle area). It feels like fibromyalgia pain, if anyone has experience with that (I do).

From what I've read, mild sepsis usually has a positive outcome, but is a doctor's visit really necessary? At this point, could it resolve itself?
Any advice is appreciated, thx.

I Think a doctor visit is Absolutely necessary. You DO NOT wanna wait around any longer. Injection was ankle but your arms are exhausted? It sounds serious enough to me; I would see an urgent care or ER yet tonight , if you can get there.
Don't let this Thing get any Worse.

Yeah... sepsis can be/become life-threatening fairly quickly.
Had to yank out a molar in the "wild" because sepsis was setting in and I could not just lay down and die... there was no doc. I went into a little shock and passed out for about 5 minutes but a salt pack and a few minutes later we were on the move.
Partners: WTF?
Me: No time for dumb-ass questions... time to get lost.

Edit: Please get help if at all possible.

I don't want to do that because I don't want to lose my daughter. I'm afraid they will report it.

I was hours away from dying from septic shock due to renal failure from a Streptococcus bacterium infection when I called the ambulance because I couldn't stand up. The exact species's name escapes me. However, it caused a serious lung infection and acute renal failure. I had to spend 1 week in the ICU on heavy IV antibiotics and then another week in the lung department on heavy IV antibiotics. It was a very unpleasant experience. I was in heavy delirium with a fever of 41C. It's still unknown why I survived. Septic shock generally has a 50% mortality rate.

So yeah, if you have sepsis, go to the ER ASAP. Best case scenario they'll just send you home with an antibiotics script. Losing your daughter because you died is much worse.

....Losing your daughter because you died is much worse.
Was goin to interject the same sentiments.

I don't want to do that because I don't want to lose my daughter. I'm afraid they will report it.
Lose your daughter? What about the daughter losing you? Think five days, weeks, months, years from now... today is here: Tomorrow may or may not be. Your daughter needs you (if not today; then maybe tomorrow?).

Everyone I've known that had sepsis died. Every single last one.

there is no 'mild' sepsis... once an infection becomes septic you're on your way to the morgue if not treated correctly & quickly. my wife had sepsis last year... she was sick for a week, then after 4 days with a 104F+ fever she started talking delerious... took her to the hospital and they immediately put a picc line in her neck and transferred her by ambulance to a bigger hospital where she died twice that night. if we hadn't gone when we did she would have died within hours.

Hey OP did you get your butt to the er? ? I kinda hope you're there being treated now.. . Prayers going up that you'll be ok

Hey OP did you get your butt to the er? ? I kinda hope you're there being treated now.. . Prayers going up that you'll be ok

I was going to ask the same thing. I'm leaning towards closing this because your situation could turn critical quickly and nothing we can say can substitute for proper medical care. Just let us know that you're okay.

I was hours away from dying from septic shock due to renal failure from a Streptococcus bacterium infection when I called the ambulance because I couldn't stand up. The exact species's name escapes me. However, it caused a serious lung infection and acute renal failure. I had to spend 1 week in the ICU on heavy IV antibiotics and then another week in the lung department on heavy IV antibiotics. It was a very unpleasant experience. I was in heavy delirium with a fever of 41C. It's still unknown why I survived. Septic shock generally has a 50% mortality rate.

So yeah, if you have sepsis, go to the ER ASAP. Best case scenario they'll just send you home with an antibiotics script. Losing your daughter because you died is much worse.
Yes, I had a similar experience. Sepsis as secondary to streptococcus A... Heavy delerium, organ failure, ventricular failure and necrosis on my toes.. Nasty experience but hey, I'm still alive and it's put me off of self medicating using needles for life. Hope you're well Mr belligerent. ?

Damn I will never understand y so many people wait so fucking long to get treated for shit especially infections. A fever of 104 for 4 days before the dudes wife above went to the hospital? I'm sorry but that is so fucking retarded to me. I've gotten 2 infections from missing the veins in my hands. It didnt take long at all for me to realize I wasn't gonna win the battle without antibiotics. I guess people didnt pay attention in class when they learned about the era before penicillin?

To anyone reading this and having the same problem:
Go to a doctor or better the ER now, sepsis is no joke and untreated will most likely kill you. There's no simple home remedy other than using the phone to call an ambulance!

I guess for the good of the community, I will echo the fact that sepsis is not a condition that can be adequately treated at home.