Any good supplements for lowering cholesterol ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
“If you have FH, a healthy lifestyle alone will not be enough to reduce your cholesterol, so you will also need to take medication.”

[Mod Edit deleted - false information]

Edit from OP: how can a moderator claim false information from an actual heart foundation?

[Mod Edit] I object to false information

ie: Cholesterol plays a vital part in how our body works, but if levels get too high, it increases our risk of heart disease. For most of us, this doesn’t happen until we’re in our 40s, and a common cause is eating too much saturated fat in things like butter, cheese.

Butter and cheese have been staple foods for centuries, alone, without the presence of sugars/high glycemic junk foods inclusive of vegetable seed oils pose no risk to cardiovascular mortality..

Last edited by a moderator:
Look, diet won’t help a genetic condition because the FH body literally can not get rid on excess cholesterol. So it builds and builds and builds. A normal body, of course diet would help with cholesterol but with someone with FH it does not. That is the fact. Diet does not work for someone with FH. End of.
That doesn’t mean diet won’t have an effect. It could potentially lower the dose of medication needed. Diet certainly is not to be overlooked

Look, diet won’t help a genetic condition because the FH body literally can not get rid on excess cholesterol. So it builds and builds and builds. A normal body, of course diet would help with cholesterol but with someone with FH it does not. That is the fact. Diet does not work for someone with FH.

I am aware of dysfunctional LDL receptor in FH.. Of note some LDL is removed from the body in bile..
When stating cholesterol I assume you are referring to LDL.? Are you aware there is large particle (fluffy buoyant LDL) and sdLDL (glycated and/or oxidised LDL), both are very different in passing in or out of endothelium and forming, or not forming plaque in the presence of damage via inflammation..

You don't seem aware of the mechanisms that cause coronary occlusion..!!

Cholesterol doesn't just randomly form a plaque for no apparent reason in coronary arteries, inflammation and damage have to occur for a plaque forming repair to take place..
Without damage there is no need to repair undamaged tissue (ie: no cholesterol build up).!!

That's why a diet that lowers inflammation is beneficial, ie: no inflammation, no damage, no plaque formation, no occlusion, no heart attack..

Last edited:
Rather than edit my posts why don’t you just reply like a normal person?! I put links up to proper websites (The British heart foundation for one) and you claim they are false information based on what? Your belief of a few ridiculous studies?! @TheLoveBandit are mods allowed to delete links to information from reputable sources because they don’t want to believe the information in them!? @Genetic Freak deleted a link in my reply to www.bhf.org.uk and flagged it false information. How is that fair or correct?

@Genetic Freak How are you not understanding the mechanism of FH? Diet is not enough to control cholesterol and someone who has it needs statins to reduce the cholesterol in the blood.

In reply:

Your belief of a few ridiculous studies? ..... I quoted a 2015 BMJ review of the Minnesota Coronary study.. Which clearly showed saturated fat alone is NOT implicated in CVD, neither is lowering LDL via vegetable seed oils and margarines, which were shown to make it worse, especially in the presence of sugars).. (that evidence was covered up and withheld for decades)..!!

How are you not understanding the mechanism of FH? ..... I work in Emergency Medicine, I am on shift now, Our Health Committee Chairman has FH, I have researched on his behalf for years, I fully understand the mechanisms behind FH, and CVD, its my job to follow the latest research and data for my patients..

I am aware that statins are now globally a trillion dollar industry, its my belief they are a pointless medication for a condition that does not exist..
I don't believe saturated fat on its own (without the presence of sugars and vegetable seed oils) is implicated in CVD..
I do believe the statin lobby is able to manipulate data to suit its own agenda..

I don't have time to spend countless hours posting up research papers, which will be countered by others stating the opposite funded by pharmaceutical companies with agendas..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.