L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Any fellow LGBPTQIA+ people on here???

Enlight Spurrett

Bluelighter
So I'll put it out there - I'm trans and queer. I'm agender and pansexual/queer. I haven't come across any posts to do with gender and sexuality which makes me thing there either aren't any or that they may be too afraid to speak about it. So if anybody who identifies as any of the LGBPTQIA+ identities, please feel free to say hello and tell us whatever you want! Or send me a personal message if you prefer. Anarchy, wisdom, peace and love to us all! xxx

LGBPTQIA+ ---> OMG WTF?! What do all of those letters mean?

LGBPTQIA+ ---> OMG WTF?! What do all of those letters mean?

Lesbian, gay, bisexual, pansexual, transgender, questioning, intersex, asexual, other.

I'm pansexual/queer as well. Cisgender female. The majority of my social circle identifies between 2-5 on the Kinsey scale, very few outliers. We have one gold star lesbian and one strictly straight, but open minded, male. Everyone else is fluid across the spectrum of sexuality and several are trans, agender, or otherkin.

Dang. When I was in high school, people had sex with boys and girls without all the complicated definitions.

Lesbian, gay, bisexual, pansexual, transgender, questioning, intersex, asexual, other.

I'm pansexual/queer as well. Cisgender female. The majority of my social circle identifies between 2-5 on the Kinsey scale, very few outliers. We have one gold star lesbian and one strictly straight, but open minded, male. Everyone else is fluid across the spectrum of sexuality and several are trans, agender, or otherkin.

What does otherkin mean?

What does otherkin mean?

Otherkin are one of the reasons why transgender people are not taken seriously.

Otherkin are people who believe they're anything not human. Like they think they're Plasma Dragons, Werewolves, Unicorn, Ghosts, and things of that nature. A YouTube called TheAmazingAtheist made a video about them. You should watch it if you're interested.

They also believe they can be fictional characters, like Harry Potter or Luke Skywalker.

Some that define themselves as otherkin can take it to the extreme where it either becomes a delusion or a farce. But there are some that use the word to reinvent gender norms through non-genered concepts that also play into the symbolism of the chosen identity (chosen as in a deliberate refusal to fall into the binary gender code and not "I was actually born a centaur"-- see "delusional in certain contexts" above). For example, I have a friend that chooses to identify as agendered and instead of the more common ze/they permutations of possessive articles prefers to use "fox". They choose this because of a personal connection with fox symbolism and a desire to get in touch with their own animalism. Fox knows they are not actually a fox but would rather define themselves as such than identify as a strictly human male/female. I don't see anything wrong with someone pushing the typical boundaries of what it means to be comfortable in your own skin by exploring a "otherkin" identity.

Some that define themselves as otherkin can take it to the extreme where it either becomes a delusion or a farce. But there are some that use the word to reinvent gender norms through non-genered concepts that also play into the symbolism of the chosen identity (chosen as in a deliberate refusal to fall into the binary gender code and not "I was actually born a centaur"-- see "delusional in certain contexts" above). For example, I have a friend that chooses to identify as agendered and instead of the more common ze/they permutations of possessive articles prefers to use "fox". They choose this because of a personal connection with fox symbolism and a desire to get in touch with their own animalism. Fox knows they are not actually a fox but would rather define themselves as such than identify as a strictly human male/female. I don't see anything wrong with someone pushing the typical boundaries of what it means to be comfortable in your own skin by exploring a "otherkin" identity.

While I do agree, but I mostly see people on tumblr who take it overboard.

I don't however consider otherkin a gender, as do most people. To me it's like roleplaying.

They don't hurt anyone on purpose, and that's true. But they hurt Transgender Men and Women because people go on tumblr and see obnoxious stuff, or she the grown ass man want to be a 6 year old and people write them off and become disgusted with them, resulting in transgender people loosing credibility in the eyes of the public.

Would that include Bronies? That's a popular subculture afik.
71f32c2c418921c848e1caee31bdfa1c.jpg

Bronies probably fall into the role-playing category as well as just general fandom subculture. Many people use the word "otherkin" to describe role-playing behavior, fetishism, gender identity subset, and fantastical beliefs in other beings. I think it depends on the person and their goal/reason for identifying as such. The individuals I know that use that terminology are agendered and prefer to identify as non-gendered beings as part of their innate identity. It's not a matter of role-playing because it's not a façade they take on and off. I agree some people take it overboard but I have also seen it utilized in a healthy way when traditional identity markers do not encompass all that an individual feels they are.

queer - the word is 'queer'. 'queer' means you reject standard ideas of sexuality. socko is queer, in his happy het way. i bet you $20 he could take a lovely lady, some champagne, strawberries and cream and get real freaky. straight people aren't allowed to do stuff like that, thus 'straight'.

Last edited:
LGBPTQIA means Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, pansexual/polysexual/polyamourous, Trans, queer, Intersex and asexual but this doesn't exclude people with other identities too! :)

Fabulous to see so many queers on here! I knew I couldn't be alone but didn't know there were so many who were also clued up! Glitter bombs and substances all round! :) x

sexual preference is not a definite thing dude I don't know why people are always trying to label everything it's silly.
why can't we all just like what we like chill the fuck out with all these letters and fancy words that pretty much just mean don't let that guy near your cat.

fuck.