• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Any Experiences w/ Fly Agaric Extract?

chicken hoagie

Bluelighter
Has anyone had any experience with taking Fly Agaric(amanita muscaria) mushroom extract?

I found a tincture bottle sold at walmart on their website..I'm aware of Fly Agaric's effects, though I have never personally tried it..but I'm looking into buying some extract to use as a sleep aid. I would possibly be interested in using it recreationally also..so I'd like to hear if anyone has some anecdotal information on this.

I wasmt aware the extract was commonly available! I would also be interested in this. I have heard very interesting things about this particular mushroom, and am very keen on trying it.
Not so much as a recreational drug in the traditional sense, but as a nice mood enhancer.
I've also heard the dried mushroom.is a delicious, rich, meaty tasting seasoning or ingredient in cooking, which adds an even more warm, peaceful glow to a full belly.

Bit to answer your question, I've read quite a bit about fly agaric, and if you're hoping for a trip in the league of psylocybin shrooms, you'll be either disappointed or make yourself very ill trying.
From what I've read, it's a subtle mood enhancer, nothing more. It works on the same receptors.as benzos and alcohol (GABA).

Bit to answer your question, I've read quite a bit about fly agaric, and if you're hoping for a trip in the league of psylocybin shrooms, you'll be either disappointed or make yourself very ill trying.
From what I've read, it's a subtle mood enhancer, nothing more. It works on the same receptors.as benzos and alcohol (GABA).
I was super surprised myself when I found this, and on walmart's website of all places! I would certainly be interested in its mood enhancing effects also. But I have definitely read enough on it to understand that..no, it does not cause a trip like psilocybin mushrooms..but that it does indeed put you in a dream-like state with many commonly occurring themes such as macropsia and micropsia(objects getting bigger and smaller). I have heard from many that it can be a trip well worth having, given that you can boil out enough of the ibotenic acid.

I would also need to wonder if the ibotenic acid is retained in the extracts sold at places like walmart..I would assume it is not..but I have never heard of any deaths or poisonings following ingestion of fly agaric extracts.

I would assume, as they're intended for consumption, the ibotenic acid would be extracted. I believe it's very simple and only requires heat, so I can't see why not. I'm eager to go picking these when the season starts (or has it started? I'm in northern England). Slightly worried about killing myself by accidentally picking the similar, but more orange coloured panther cap mushrooms (I think that's what they're called, I do have a book that I need to dig out).
If there isn't a thread on amantina muscaria, I suggest someone knowledgeable about them starts one!

I would assume, as they're intended for consumption, the ibotenic acid would be extracted. I believe it's very simple and only requires heat, so I can't see why not. I'm eager to go picking these when the season starts (or has it started? I'm in northern England). Slightly worried about killing myself by accidentally picking the similar, but more orange coloured panther cap mushrooms (I think that's what they're called, I do have a book that I need to dig out).
If there isn't a thread on amantina muscaria, I suggest someone knowledgeable about them starts one!
I agree. I've also read that smoking it has some pretty wild effects also..which smoking would break the ibotenic acid down into muscimol. This mushroom has always intrigued me despite never trying it. Its definitely time to give it a whirl..and I would definitely like to try smoking some.

Hmm, interesting! Please report back when you get the chance to try em!