View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Any experience with Ibogain

boredaccountant

Greenlighter
Hi guys, long time lurker this is my first post. Hopefully this is in the right forum for this question.

Has anybody had any experience with Ibogain and would be able to share details of how it went? Either for recreational use or maybe for helping with addictions?

It seems a pretty interesting substance but it's not really something that I ever hear about over here in the UK and assume it's not widely available. I don't know if there's a particular reason for that

I'm reading a book on Ibogaine right now by Vincent Ravalec called: Iboga.
I can definitely recommend it.

It's a very interesting substance for healing, more so than Ayahuasca, I've not done Iboga myself yet, I want to inform myself more before doing it.
In the Netherlands you can do Iboga sessions, I'm not sure about the UK, alternatively you can travel to Gabon and participate in ceremonies performed by the Bwiti people.

The difference with Ayahuasca is that Ayahuasca can show you the path for physical healing, but Iboga can actually heal you from addictions, it's can also heal mentally, a lot of people can be rid of addiction (alcohol, nicotine, heroin etc) after only one session.

From what I've gathered you'll need at least a couple of days to let Iboga do it's work.

You can always order online, legally, but personally I'd participate in a guided ceremony first with experienced people, Iboga is not usually used recreationally because it can be quite an ordeal, and like I said, you'll need a couple of days for it.

Last edited:
I was gonna post that link but you beat me to it. =D

I took ibogaine (a flood dose) for addiction, and it truly was a deeply healing, transformative experience. It changed my life, I came out of it dramatically healed and free from opiate addiction. It did a lot more for me than just seeming to physically/chemically remove the addiction though. I can't recommend it enough, with the understanding that it's a very serious undertaking that you really need to prepare for. I hear stories from people who is doesn't work as well on for addiction. I think it's largely a matter of the effort you put in afterwards. For me, once I wasn't addicted to opiates anymore, my life was pretty great. I had just gotten out of my bad marriage before I took it, so without addiction I was pretty in the clear, my reason for using opiates for so long was gone. And I consciously worked at keeping up my new perspective too. I think if you do it and do not work to change your life afterwards, you could certainly fall back into addiction.

Anyway the link that phuckingnutz posted is the story I wrote about my experience.