• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Any easy to extract powder form psychedelics?

TheSacredTree

Bluelighter
I know about DMT but are there any other psychedelics that can be easily made into powder form for encapsulation? Was thinking LSA but I'm not finding anything on whether it can be in capsule form. I don't want to have to drink something or take a blotter in public and enjoy encapsuling psychoactive substances (weird addiction, I know) so does anyone know of something I can make?

LSA can exist in pure form or as crude extract from MGS or HBWR seeds, but might be a little less stable that way. Actually there exist plenty of psychedelic legal high capsules that are mainly trippy because of extracted LSA, and the other ingredients being minor supplements that are supposed to synergize but is relatively unimportant. So you don't have to extract LSA if you just want the caps - if you do it, probably good if you enjoy the chemistry anyway.

Those are the main ones indeed that Weltmeister listed, and for every one of those you can find an extraction thread listed in the PD Index (link at the top of the page)... although bufotenine extraction is a little more obscure and not as well-represented. Bufotenine or common impurities can have particularly unpleasant physical effects and there is some discussion over whether to make calcium salt etc. It's definitely not something to take in public though, neither is 5-MeO-DMT or DMT.

I don't really get what would be wrong with putting a blotter in an (opaque if it must be that stealthy and you want to pretend it's medication) capsule though.

I don't really get what would be wrong with putting a blotter in an (opaque if it must be that stealthy and you want to pretend it's medication) capsule though.

This. Only NBOMe/NBOH blotters seem to have the drastically reduced oral bioavailability and are thus preferably absorbed buccally. Lysergamide and DOx-containing blotters can just be stuffed into a capsule and parachuted.

Also, most of the RC tryptamines and phenethylamines are sold as powders (their dosages are typically in the tens of miligrams).

Psilocin/psilocybin can also be extracted.
Iirc the tek first involves the dephosphorylation of psilocybin to yield psilocin and then an A/B extraction

Well, this idea came from working in a pharmacy and watching the pharmacist mix pills and ingredients to make someone's prescription. And always aspiring to be a chemist/psychopharmacologist I really wanted to try the process myself but in a slightly more illicit topic. You guys gave me some really great recommendations and Bufotenine and LSA seem like pretty easy ones to do.

A dream came to me last night however telling me if I continue practicing this chemistry with any more ingested substances one of my friends is going to be killed by my amateur chemistry. I think I'm going to stop this endeavor while I'm still ahead and avoid any consequences I know are coming my way if I make any more capsules of random stuff.

Thank you for all the help though guys! And the psilocybin recommendation actually gave me a good idea for what I can inconspicuously try in public. Shroom sandwich!

Why not the legal RCs 4-HO-MET or 4-AcO-MET?

flammarion-c1.jpg

A/B extraction of psilocin isn't thought to be a good idea at all because of the unstability of psilocin when you start throwing the pH around... I've extracted mushrooms which gave me a sort of resin. I've been looking into ways to purify it, but it's not quite that easy at home.

^I've read that you can keep a small jar of honey, and put in aborts and other tiny useless mushies, and that after it sits a while it can be quite potent and easy to dose. What are your thoughts on this? Ever try it?

I don't know but it would at least shield the mushrooms and the alkaloids from oxygen though I guess the honey will have water in it so not sure if that kind of offsets the benefit of shielding from oxygen... so IMO you're just as well off just drying and airsealing your mushrooms - in other words by just shielding it in more conventional ways.

Can't comment on how the alkaloids leach into the honey or how that's easy to dose but honey doesn't exactly stir well? If it can be stirred at least well enough to spread the shrooms in it I would pulverize the shrooms to try and get as much as homogenization as you possibly can.

I guess the honey will have water in it

Theoretically honey as a really low water activity - most of the water in it is bound to the sugar, so it is effectively too "dry" for bacteria, yeast or mould to grow in it. If you leave the jar open the honey will absorb additional moisture from the air though.

I know honey is well self-preserved, but water is one of the factors that destabilize psilocin as exemplified by 4-sub trypts going black in solution, that was actually my concern about it offsetting protection from another factor (oxygen), even if the 'low activity' means that it's not quite so bad as those solutions that turn black rapidly. :)