• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Any Danger from Mixing something like MDA or MDE with Lyrica?

Mayo_Tree

Bluelighter
Basically, I took 500mg of Lyrica tonight, but didn't catch a buzz, since I did it yesterday.... and a couple days before that. I know, you're supposed to wait in between dosing, and I usually do, but I wanted to test the theory. So, I've got a few effects from it, but barely.

These little "mystery capsules" I've been talking about lately. RECAP: it was sold to me as MDMA "molly," but it's certainly not MDMA.... in absence of a test-kit, I did hours of research online, and it could very well be MDA or MDE. So far these two, especially MDA, seem to fit the effects of these capsules. Considering MDA is often sold as "molly" that isn't MDMA, I figure it's a good chance it's that.

So, is there any danger mixing that with Pregabalin? I'd assume that, since they probably work on different receptors, there's no danger. Pregabalin (as far as I know) doesn't effect Serotonin or Dopamine levels, so I'd think it should be okay.

Let me know what you think in the comments below, and stay safe, sane, and SERENITY NOW!!

(.....too much?)

Not a hugely dangerous combo but that is a good sized dose of pregabalin. I wouldn't take a mystery substance after taking alot of pregabalin (or after taking alot of anything).

Say it is MDA, might blunt the effects. Might also reduce the seizure threshold.

Not a hugely dangerous combo but that is a good sized dose of pregabalin. I wouldn't take a mystery substance after taking alot of pregabalin (or after taking alot of anything).

Say it is MDA, might blunt the effects. Might also reduce the seizure threshold.
Yeah, it's a hefty dose maybe. But maybe since it didn't kick in totally, like... it doesn't even feel the way it does when I take 300mg with lower tolerance.

I dunno, I'm game to try it. I feel "almost" at baseline. Almost....

EDIT: I'm not sure if it's MDA, after checking a bit, both MDA and MDE are amphetamine-related. This "mystery substance" has no stimulant effect. Quite the opposite. It's sedating, few visual effects (everything looks like it has a glare, kinda shiny, that's about it), and it seems to rest in the head (if that makes any sense). Really difficult to describe. I'm looking into a test-kit. Gonna have to get a prepaid credit card. Guys, I'm not used to buying online, so this is new to me. Buying stuff on Amazon is about all I'm experienced with lol. I'm okay at buying stuff on the street. 😏

ANOTHER EDIT: Substance is like greyish crystals, very inviting, very nice to look at (subjective, I know). It's not 'brown,' or chunky, it's like greyish white shards. Grinds into a white powder. Burns the nose. First time I snorted it I had blood in my nostrils the next morning. 2nd time snorting it, I did not have this issue, but lets'say it's 'caustic.' Taste is very bitter, kind of acrid. Not enjoyable on the drip. I suppose that could describe a thousand substances.

Last edited:
There are no reported serious negative interactions reported that I can find - I didn't think there was and stimulants arent listed as being a danger mix anywhere for gabapentinoids.. but I just spent 15 minutes looking, anyway.

Ive mixed this before actually. And with meth as well which is chemically fairly close to MDMA --- MFA. Obviously diff substance but all are strong stimulants.

Gabapentinoids have always synergized with upper for me. Like, nicely.

During the time I was on 225 mg Pregabalin daily, Methylone never gave me any unwanted side effects. The experience wasn't even blunted. Its not really a downer Lyrica its an odd drug.

Besides the fact of the safety of the combo I would rather worry about the contents of your capsule. If its not stimulating, "Has no stimulant effect", that kinda rules out MDA and MDEA to as these are stimulating in differing degrees like MDMA.
Drugs that mimic MDMA but lack the stimulus often lay heavy on the Serotenergic side, prime example being MDAI. Ime these indeed feel sedating. Although flooring is a better description as trying to sleep on them would be futile. So it could basickly be a whole spectrum of possibe's. There is a popular MDA like substance which resembles your desription better then MDA or MDEA ( which are both very rare in the wild in the first place ).

There are no reported serious negative interactions reported that I can find - I didn't think there was and stimulants arent listed as being a danger mix anywhere for gabapentinoids.. but I just spent 15 minutes looking, anyway.

Ive mixed this before actually. And with meth as well which is chemically fairly close to MDMA --- MFA. Obviously diff substance but all are strong stimulants.

Gabapentinoids have always synergized with upper for me. Like, nicely.
Thanks for your time in research bruv, really appreciate the feedback.

I may be wrong, I've just done some of the "mystery" stuff, and I'm somewhat stimulated. I remember it being more of a downer, but my heart-rate has increased. Of course.... I've been up til 4am now, I've eaten tons of sugar today, and took Lyrica around 8pm, so I don't know if that has any effect, but it might.

I popped one, and sniffed one. Not really feeling it come on too much as of yet. Pupils aren't dilated at all.

Thanks for your time in research bruv, really appreciate the feedback.

I may be wrong, I've just done some of the "mystery" stuff, and I'm somewhat stimulated. I remember it being more of a downer, but my heart-rate has increased. Of course.... I've been up til 4am now, I've eaten tons of sugar today, and took Lyrica around 8pm, so I don't know if that has any effect, but it might.

I popped one, and sniffed one. Not really feeling it come on too much as of yet. Pupils aren't dilated at all.
Give it another half an hour.

During the time I was on 225 mg Pregabalin daily, Methylone never gave me any unwanted side effects. The experience wasn't even blunted. Its not really a downer Lyrica its an odd drug.

Besides the fact of the safety of the combo I would rather worry about the contents of your capsule. If its not stimulating, "Has no stimulant effect", that kinda rules out MDA and MDEA to as these are stimulating in differing degrees like MDMA.
Drugs that mimic MDMA but lack the stimulus often lay heavy on the Serotenergic side, prime example being MDAI. Ime these indeed feel sedating. Although flooring is a better description as trying to sleep on them would be futile. So it could basickly be a whole spectrum of possibe's. There is a popular MDA like substance which resembles your desription better then MDA or MDEA ( which are both very rare in the wild in the first place ).
You may very well be right, there does seem to be a stimulating quality about this.... at least this time I try it. Pulse is slightly elevated, not too bad right now... but I'm thinking of benzos tbh. lol.... they're in my periphery if shit goes awry.

Oh.... maybe it's starting to kick in, because my pulse went down a bit. Yep, see, as I recall, this substance has a very nice anxiolytic effect. I didn't need benzos when I was taking it, it was an adequate replacement. Anyway, something to experiment.

LATER: Definitely feeling it now. Really hard to describe. iI keep writing things and zoning out, like in a waking dream. Hard to continue a coherent message. that's for sure, lol. As I'm writing, my brain is flooded with quotes from movies and film, scenes I remember, and then I'm like "Oh yeah, I'm still trying to write a respinse! Derrrp. So high I thought my laptop was a touch-screen! xD

34 mins later
Yeah, it kicked in finally. Took the anxiety away, which is excellent. As I mentioned earlier, I popped one orally, then sniffed a whole pill,. Feels pretty good. Not an "excellent" body buzz, and there doesn't seem to be any visual hallucinationsq. or distortions. Tonight it's acting more like a soporific. I have to be careful, it's like... well, very hard to describe. I have trouble remembering what I'm doing, and it all comes back rto me as if a dream.

So, I took one orally + I sniffed one, and from then on out I took one per hour, probably 3 in total.

I keep forgetting what I'm doing, losing my attention or ability to focus straight in mid sentence. lerlz... it's kinda funny, but it's a little weird too. On account ot lack of coherency, I'm going to exit this comment. My mind keeps wandering in a thousand different directions before my eyes focus, and I realize I've just been holding down the 'p' key (pppppppppppppppppppppppp)

So yeah. It kicked all right. :LOL::LOL:

pregablin even on its own in moderately high doses carries a seizure risk, its not really one to fuck around with as it has a big impact on your brain activity in that region

Get a test kit!!

MDE (aka MDEA) is pretty much nonexistent at this point and MDA is only common in North America. Probably just impure MDMA but none of us haven’t the slightest clue without a test kit or better.

-GC

Get a test kit!!

MDE (aka MDEA) is pretty much nonexistent at this point and MDA is only common in North America. Probably just impure MDMA but none of us haven’t the slightest clue without a test kit or better.

-GC
Yes, I know. ;) Look, I finally found a good link that seems like they'll sell to my neck of the woods, test-kits are very affordable.... or at least they seem that way on the site. In any case, it's a matter of getting a pre-paid credit card and learning how to use it (never done it before, no lie). So, it's in the works, Gov. Cut a man some slack, yeah? Haha... jk. No, I appreciate your insistence that I be safe.

Normally, I'd never take anything without having researched it heavily beforehand, but at least in this case, I knew there had been a bunch of people who tried it with no bad experiences, that I'm aware of.

And I'm somewhere in North America, so the chances of it being MDA are not unthinkable, then.

Basically, I took 500mg of Lyrica tonight, but didn't catch a buzz, since I did it yesterday.... and a couple days before that. I know, you're supposed to wait in between dosing, and I usually do, but I wanted to test the theory. So, I've got a few effects from it, but barely.

These little "mystery capsules" I've been talking about lately. RECAP: it was sold to me as MDMA "molly," but it's certainly not MDMA.... in absence of a test-kit, I did hours of research online, and it could very well be MDA or MDE. So far these two, especially MDA, seem to fit the effects of these capsules. Considering MDA is often sold as "molly" that isn't MDMA, I figure it's a good chance it's that.

So, is there any danger mixing that with Pregabalin? I'd assume that, since they probably work on different receptors, there's no danger. Pregabalin (as far as I know) doesn't effect Serotonin or Dopamine levels, so I'd think it should be okay.

Let me know what you think in the comments below, and stay safe, sane, and SERENITY NOW!!

(.....too much?)
Pregabalin is a gabapentinoid like gabapentin.

Gabapentin can cause serotonin syndrome when used in combination with tramadol. Interestingly enough pregabalin has citations for causing serotonin syndrome as well. In fact, there's a citation where the combination of pregabalin and oxycodone instigated serotonin syndrome. Pregabalin is an analog of gabapentin and tramadol is a synthetic analog to oxycodone.

From personal use gabapentin taken beforehand does weird things with subjective effects. I think it may actually have a dampening effect like an SSRI for whatever reason. Gabapentin taken during the come down to balance the effects causes significant extension of after effects. Possibly do to serotonin because gabapentin raises serum serotonin.

I would hold off until the Lyrica is out of your system.

Pregabalin is a gabapentinoid like gabapentin.

Gabapentin can cause serotonin syndrome when used in combination with tramadol. Interestingly enough pregabalin has citations for causing serotonin syndrome as well. In fact, there's a citation where the combination of pregabalin and oxycodone instigated serotonin syndrome. Pregabalin is an analog of gabapentin and tramadol is a synthetic analog to oxycodone.

From personal use gabapentin taken beforehand does weird things with subjective effects. I think it may actually have a dampening effect like an SSRI for whatever reason. Gabapentin taken during the come down to balance the effects causes significant extension of after effects. Possibly do to serotonin because gabapentin raises serum serotonin.

I would hold off until the Lyrica is out of your system.
Thanks for the info and advice. Unfortunately, I'm a dumb-ass, and so I dosed.... whatever it is..... as soon as it got here. Of course, this was 2 days ago now. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, no negative effects from the mix. I had taken the Lyrica early that evening, and my guy only showed up around 3-4am. I doubt the Pregab had run its course completely, but at least there were several hours between them.

No, I didn't know that about Lyrica, that there could be a serotonin syndrome problem with it. Thanks for telling me, I'll keep it in mind.

Now Tramadol, I've never taken it, but from what I've read (here and elsewhere) I'm not sure I ever want to, tbh! Lol.... Seen some reports where people had some w.e.i.r.d. experiences and ended up in the psych-ward trying to gnaw their leg off or something? Yeesh.

Something interesting to note that I've been reflecting on lately is how the "buzz" of Gabapentin and Lyrica used to be for me like 14yrs ago, compared to today. I once had a prescription of 800mg 3x per day. Taking it as directed had no noticeable effect whatsoever, so I let it accumulate for months. At some point I had a huge stash, and I eventually learned how to get properly high on it.

I'd describe the effects back then as total-and-complete CNS depression/relief, it was truly amazing. I've seen how people here advise taking it, and despite what the literature says about metabolism rates, I found the best way (and only way, for me) was to take a huge amount at one time. First time I did it was 4000mg's in one shot. I knew it took 2hrs to kick in, so I put a movie on ("School of Rock" w/ Jack Black). Near the end of the film the effects started coming on, and it was glorious! I *literally* was crying and applauding the kids in the movie for the song they made ("They did it so well!") lolz. After that, I experimented with it heavily. I had zero trouble with tolerance, and often took it 3-5 days in a row with no lessening of effects from concurrent usage. To the contrary, I remember being very pleased that I had a drug that I could take days in a row with the buzz remaining the same. Most I ever took at once was 16,000mg *Do Not Try This At Home Kids* .....I did NOT have a pleasant experience that night. Way too strong.

Around 2011 I tried Lyrica for the first time, and I probably took 500mg's but spaced out, like gradually redosing every hour or 30-45min, something like that. Man.... that was one of the highest times I'd ever been. I remember wondering if it would ever end, although it wasn't unpleasant, just intense. Same sort of CNS depressant, but with something else difficult to describe, comparable to the feeling in your head when you've smoked WAY too much weed.

Nowadays, the buzz on either is totally different. It's "glitchy." Both of them, Gaba and Pregab. It tends to make me a bit shaky or jittery, almost "speedy" but less "cracked-out"/anxious. I want to do things quick and pay less attention to detail, thus screwing up whatever I'm trying to do. The buzz is totally different, no CNS relief like back then. I'm somewhat disappointed, but hey.... it still has an effect.... except now I totally notice the tolerance thing. What a bummer (I realize in the UK "bummer" means something quite different lol).

Anyway, I don't know what happened, but my guess is that my "wiring" has gotten all messed up and fried from taking so many drugs over the years. My nervous system may be shot, I dunno. Sucks.