• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Any cross tolerence between opiates and benzos

Mrsolidzx

Bluelighter
So if i take opiates, tramdols, oxys, morphine a couple of times a week like 2/3? Then also do the same with diazapam/xanax like twice a week but not on the same day, am i giving enough time in between.
So like

Monday couple of benzos and a few trams
Tuesday morphine
Wednesday nothing
Thursday some oxy
Friday nothing maybe sum beers
Saturday nothing
Sunday benzos

Is this enough break to not develop addiction?
Coz like only takin opiates twice and then benzos twice?

Any input is a help thanks.

Regular use of opiates will cause eventually physical dependence - even in the most disciplined of people.

If you have a bad week, illness or injury - or something happens like losing your job, or the death of a loved one, it can be too easy to justify to yourself why you can get high "just today".
The more of those days you have, the greater the risk - and if you are asking questions like the one you started this about, odds are that you're probably already somewhat psychologically addicted to opiates/opioids.

Having said that - no, there is no cross-tolerance between opiates and benzos.

Also, you don't say much about mixing benzos and opiates, but i don't think it can hurt to remind you that it is not safe to combine benzos and opiates, as they are both resporatory depressants.

^I wrote a post extremely similar to spacejunk's but it got deleted. You will eventually gain a physical tolerance if you keep this up for any length of time. So if you intend to do this you will eventually develop either a physical or psychological addiction.

Many have tried these schedules but they usually end up breaking and bending these rules until they say "fuck it" and throw the rules out completely.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me. Ive had legit tramadol script for last 2 years. Been taking 2x50mg a day with days off here and there then little stints off (5 days in ibiza, 3 days at a festival) etc. Havnt suffered any withdrawals so i dont think i have an addiction from that point. But recently got my hands on some oxycodone and oral morphine tabs. If i took some of them a few nights a week and kept up the tramadol, do you think id end up developing addiction/increasing tolerence for the tramadol?

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me. Ive had legit tramadol script for last 2 years. Been taking 2x50mg a day with days off here and there then little stints off (5 days in ibiza, 3 days at a festival) etc. Havnt suffered any withdrawals so i dont think i have an addiction from that point. But recently got my hands on some oxycodone and oral morphine tabs. If i took some of them a few nights a week and kept up the tramadol, do you think id end up developing addiction/increasing tolerence for the tramadol?

Yes, your tolerance and potential addiction for Tramadol will go up.

You are heading down a one way road to full on dependence. Don't kid yourself that alternating between opiates and benzos is giving you some sort of immunity to addiction. It's not. If anything, you are setting yourself up for a serious dual addiction to opiates and benzos - a dangerous combination if ever there was one. Unfortunately, I get the impression that you are already so far down that road that you will find it extremely hard to turn back...