• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Any car nuts dealing with addiction and pain?

Everythings19

Greenlighter
Yep, what the title says. Dealing with pain and struggling with wanting narcs after weaning myself. Just made it through RLS. I’m a car guy and have projects goin. It’s a struggle to get any work done.

I grew up around all that, money's the only factor anymore. Also in recovery

I've got a 90 Chevy shortbed, with a built 350, have been looking for a 400 sbc to build for it.

When I'm doing badly just about the only thing that can get me out of bed is working on my car. I don't have a hoist or stand, so I'm pretty limited as far as how in depth I can go. Mostly I just tune suspension/exhaust and do my own maintenance. I dropped my current car 3 inches in August and then upgraded to a catless exhaust with an AEM resonator in November. Should the gods shine upon me to the point where I'm able to keep a project around, I'd like a Cherokee XJ or an E36 to drift in. The inline-6 has my heart.

I've got a 90 Chevy shortbed, with a built 350, have been looking for a 400 sbc to build for it.

Nice man! Those trucks can be done up really sweet.

When I'm doing badly just about the only thing that can get me out of bed is working on my car. I don't have a hoist or stand, so I'm pretty limited as far as how in depth I can go. Mostly I just tune suspension/exhaust and do my own maintenance. I dropped my current car 3 inches in August and then upgraded to a catless exhaust with an AEM resonator in November. Should the gods shine upon me to the point where I'm able to keep a project around, I'd like a Cherokee XJ or an E36 to drift in. The inline-6 has my heart.

I hear ya. The shop was always my refuge until the pain got too bad. I was “lucky” in that my spine helped pay for a house with a 2 bay shop. But now I need others to finish my project. I hate that. Ooooo, E36, always loved em. Always wanted to get a mid-80’s 2 door stick 3 series, do a motor swap, and flog the heck outta it, lol.

My current project...
tNPF0k.jpg

DLhdRn.jpg

poWzHc.jpg

LUbIUz.jpg

rfCtWx.jpg

EInm8x.jpg

We installed air ride Spring of ‘16. Did 16k miles in trips that Summer till the motor blew in CO after a parts run to AZ, lmao. Poor neighbors wife had to come out 1k miles and tow my ass home. Glad I’ve got good neighbors.

She (Ellen, wife named her) is undergoing some major changes. Stuff to button up. Few more parts to pick up then it’s getting a 6-speed swap, bigger turbos, built spare motor, supporting mods, more than doubling the motor output, lol ?

It’s definitely been a love/hate relationship. I’ve always wanted an Audi wagon, got it cheap from in-laws. Then I started modding and it took over a life of its own. She’s spent way more time on jackstands than on the road. Argh.