• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Ethnobotanicals Any body have experience with Atropine drugs, such. As Scopolamine or Belladonna.?

somnilicious

Bluelighter
Im playing far cry 5 right now and they have this drug called Bliss, which seems to be based off Scopolamine because in game pics it looks like it comes from an Angel Trumpet flower and the molecule for Scopolamine appears all over the game. I'm not planning on doing these drugs, quite the contrary, I've taken Trumpets before when I was 15 and would never do it again. It was far from bliss. In fact, it was horrific to the point of feeling demonic.

Yrs later I was on the tail end methadone withdrawal but still felt rough and a girl I was dating was prescribed tablets with Belladonna and Scopolamine for something I can't quite remember but I wound up taking a few and they made my withdrawal noticibally better.

Well that's all I got. I just wanted to hear experiences, interesting tidbits, chem info, alternate botanical sources( I know that henbane is similar) or harm reduction they can add. They are very dangerous as there were deaths in CF at the time.

Last edited:
Ive taken scopolamine lots of times for things like food poisoning and stuff like that. Really helps the nausea and stomach cramps. People ho fish offshore here use it to stop motion sickness alot to.

When i qwas 12 i was stupid enough to take abunch of dramamine and never again fuck anticholinergics for anything other then their intended purposes

Would it be possible to make a tea from angel trumpet and then bang it? If so how much should be used? Would 10 flowers boiled down and reduced to a few ml be good or would 15 to 20 be better. Already got the tea made from 10 and wondering if it would be worth it to reduce it and shoot it or would I just be wasting it?

I've taken Trumpets before when I was 15 and would never do it again. It was far from bliss. In fact, it was horrific to the point of feeling demonic
Seriously, how does that experience feel like? How is it different from a psychedelic like DMT or Salvia?

I've heard you can actually see and interact with humanoid like beings during such a trip. Fully fledged hallucinations and stuff...

Would it be possible to make a tea from angel trumpet and then bang it? If so how much should be used? Would 10 flowers boiled down and reduced to a few ml be good or would 15 to 20 be better. Already got the tea made from 10 and wondering if it would be worth it to reduce it and shoot it or would I just be wasting it?

Is this a joke? You can't inject plant infusions, it's a very unsafe practice.

I have no personal experience but there is a plant called jimson weed in the midwest where I grew up. It's a type of Datura and contains scopolamine and atropine. A buddy of mine did some somehow and ended up naked in the county jail with no knowledge of how it happened. Knowing him, there might have been alcohol involved, too. I heard of other people doing it, it sounded pretty nasty and no fun at all, a deliriant and hallucinogen and also toxic. It was used by native peoples in the Americas in rituals. I believe it was mentioned in Carlos Castaneda's book "The teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge"
Personally, I would want nothing to do with it.

i’ve never experienced anticholinergics and to be honest, I never would want to. although all of you probably already know, when we say anticholinergic, we specifically mean antimuscarinic. The nightshade alkaloids like scopolamine, hyoscyamine, and atropine all fall into this class along with many antihistamines and other synthetic medications. I just wanted to clarify that because I’ve heard The term anticholinergic be applied to nicotinic antagonism, which is technically true, but I just wanted to clarify that to avoid any confusion.

The problem with antimuscarinics like scopolamine is that they have a very narrow therapeutic index and many physical and psychological side-effects, which frustratingly limits their many therapeutic benefits.
As has already been said previously, they are best used occasionally to alleviate things like Extreme nausea or opioid withdrawal.
One serious side-effect that is underreported with The anti-motion sickness scopolamine patch is the development of withdrawal symptoms which are extremely uncomfortable both physically and psychologically.

As someone else has already mentioned, injecting plant matter is very dangerous. aside from that, The anticholinergic alkaloids(Atropine and scopolamine) are very abundant, so if you insist on trying this dangerous drug you’re better off just drinking the tea.

I don’t know much about alkaloid ratios in different nightshade plants, but I believe those with predominantly scopolamine are a better choice for recreational use though I would never recommend any of them. whilst atropine and scopolamine share the same mechanism of action, atropine is less lipid soluble and doesn’t cross The blood brain barrier very well so most of it’s actions are peripheral. conversely, scopolamine is more fat-soluble and easily penetrates into the CNS, Making it significantly more potent in inducing memory impairments or anticholinergic delirium.
Interestingly, high dose atropine is one of the main active components of organophosphate nerve agent antidote where it prevents overstimulation of muscarinic receptors by excessive ACh. i’ve always believed scopolamine would have been a better choice due to better CNS penetration and recently I came across an article in which this was actually being considered.

Try it yourself & let us know what happens.

@CFC @mal3volent
You seen this Shite? Injecting Datura is H.R. info now?

The military uses Atropine and another chemical called 2 Pam Chloride to counter chemical warfare agents.

The military uses Atropine and another chemical called 2 Pam Chloride to counter chemical warfare agents.

Yes, that’s the nerve agent antidote cocktail I mentioned earlier. The role of atropine is to block excessive muscarinic stimulation bye too much ACh which results from cholinesterase inhibition by the organophosphate nerve agent.
The thing is, scopolamine likely makes for a much better antimuscarinic than atropine because it more efficiently reaches the CNS. this means it is more potent and efficient in preventing brain damage caused by nerve gas exposure.
Another ingredient I have always believed should be included in the cocktail is mecamylamine. this would block nicotinic receptors and theoretically further protect against nerve agents long-term toxicity.

I have no personal experience but there is a plant called jimson weed in the midwest where I grew up. It's a type of Datura and contains scopolamine and atropine. A buddy of mine did some somehow and ended up naked in the county jail with no knowledge of how it happened. Knowing him, there might have been alcohol involved, too. I heard of other people doing it, it sounded pretty nasty and no fun at all, a deliriant and hallucinogen and also toxic. It was used by native peoples in the Americas in rituals. I believe it was mentioned in Carlos Castaneda's book "The teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge"
Personally, I would want nothing to do with it.
Read that one and the chapter where he jump's off into the sky on instructions's of Don Juan made me think about Salvia Divinorim's effects. Or maybe a mixture with it.

And using Salvia extract, although that is just my interpretation. My one and only trip to that place resembled the description in the book.

Messing with nightshade? Suicidal, reckless beyond words. They call it the drug you only ever do once.
Jimson weed is not usually used because it also terrible, and I believe in the nightshade family or something.( they are related)
There are so many substances that are helpful to humans in small doses, but at the same time poisonous in larger quantities.
There maybe legit uses for some plants with dangerous chemicals them.
I personally only ever knew one person who did nightshade. They said it was the worst drug experience and was evil. This person also told stories of people messing with it and regretting it horribly.
If you must get high, don't mess with nightshade or jimson weed. It is truly sad the poisonous substances people will try, just to get high. Also death can happen on first use.

Last edited: