• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Any benefit of storing empathogen s in freezer?

Innerpeace

Bluelighter
Typtamines and LSD are best stored in cool or frozen conditionings. I know empathogen s in general are okay in a cool dark place ,as long as heat doesn't get too high.

How about storing them in freezer, is this okay and won't effect them negatively?

I think the moisture in the freezer can be a problem. There's probably a way with corked glass containers and desiccant but not sure what works. Tabs definitely go bad after a few yeara as in I wouldn't put them in my mouth even if they were still potent. Edges of blotter look rascally.

I think the moisture in the freezer can be a problem. There's probably a way with corked glass containers and desiccant but not sure what works. Tabs definitely go bad after a few yeara as in I wouldn't put them in my mouth even if they were still potent. Edges of blotter look rascally.
Moisture in freezer on a blotter (1p-lsd) can make it go bad, as in I put four blotters in aluminum foil . in freezer, gave one to a friend, and he said he didn't get any effect, would this have caused no effect?

Put 4-aco-dmt in freezer, would that make it go bad?

Moisture in freezer on a blotter (1p-lsd) can make it go bad, as in I put four blotters in aluminum foil . in freezer, gave one to a friend, and he said he didn't get any effect, would this have caused no effect?

You just put them in foil and than in freezer? Yeah, that ruined it.
You have to vacuum seal or put drugs into air-tight container before you put them in freezer.
And yes, 4-aco-DMT would also degrade from moisture.

I ruined an entire stash in the freezer but coincidentally I succumbed to Propylene Glycol induced metabolic encephalopathy related to volumetric dosing of etizolam which lead to 5 days in the hospital and my mom throwing out my stash before calling the cops and amberlance. Actually an anticlimactic apprehension I just tried to run and thanked them when they got me lol. Propylene glycol is toxic as fuck why does nobody know this fuck google they say it's safe/ nontoxic. Never hallucinated that hard on any substance plus acidosis and rhabdomyolysis shit.

I ruined an entire stash in the freezer but coincidentally I succumbed to Propylene Glycol induced metabolic encephalopathy related to volumetric dosing of etizolam which lead to 5 days in the hospital and my mom throwing out my stash before calling the cops and amberlance. Actually an anticlimactic apprehension I just tried to run and thanked them when they got me lol. Propylene glycol is toxic as fuck why does nobody know this fuck google they say it's safe/ nontoxic. Never hallucinated that hard on any substance plus acidosis and rhabdomyolysis shit.
Propylen glycol used in industry tends can be very toxic cuz of impurities while pure stuff shouldn't pose any problems when used as solvent for medicine. How damaging is when vaped is still debatable.
Because of how it's produced if one is in doubt about quality it's better to use glycerine.

You have to vacuum seal or put drugs into air-tight container before you put them in freezer.
Just to expand, there is no moisture in the freezer when it's closed. All water is frozen solid and the air inside is at 0% humidity.

You get moisture in it when you open it, and the ambient air gets in contact with cold air and cold objects from the freezer, forming condensation on them and then freezing.

So what you want to do is to at least use ziplock bags (double bagging will not hurt).

And then crucial bit, when you take something out of the freezer, you need to wait for it to reach ambient temperature before opening the zip locks, or the cold tabs/pills/crystals will get wet because of condensation.

Just to expand, there is no moisture in the freezer when it's closed. All water is frozen solid and the air inside is at 0% humidity.

You get moisture in it when you open it, and the ambient air gets in contact with cold air and cold objects from the freezer, forming condensation on them and then freezing.

So what you want to do is to at least use ziplock bags (double bagging will not hurt).

And then crucial bit, when you take something out of the freezer, you need to wait for it to reach ambient temperature before opening the zip locks, or the cold tabs/pills/crystals will get wet because of condensation.
Yeah, definitely crucial things. Knew all of that but honestly didn't knew it's 0% humidity in the freezer. At least not at temperatures of a home freezer.

Yeah, definitely crucial things. Knew all of that but honestly didn't knew it's 0% humidity in the freezer. At least not at temperatures of a home freezer.
Well if the air is below 0 degrees Celsius, the freezing point of water, the water suspended in the air becomes ice, that makes the air perfectly dry inside of the closed freezer.

Well if the air is below 0 degrees Celsius, the freezing point of water, the water suspended in the air becomes ice, that makes the air perfectly dry inside of the closed freezer.
Yeah, blindly obvious when you say it. But thought otherwise for some reason.

Ive read to put into aluminum foal and put in ziplock bag. This article says tin foil but tin foil was replaced in 1910 by aluminum foil, from what I understand. https://tripsitter.com/lsd/how-to-store/

I know from previous experience 4-ho-mipt seemed to lose potency in room, for a few years.

Wait, so all is not lost!?

I have 1plsd 3 blotters left wrapped in aluminum foiled, in a ziplock bag, in a container in the freezer. I can thraw it out and its good? My friend ate a blotter like less than a minute, took it out of the freezer,he grabbed it and put it under tounge, surprised me bc I thought he would wait untill he was home. Further, he drove home, immediately from my house (a short five minute drive) waited 15 or so minutes, chewed it up with his teeth and swallowed. texted me two and a half hours later said , nothing. Does it

has to thaw out first, as in at least a day, half a day, to be safe?

same with 4-aco-dmt powder, let it thaw out before using it?

same with any powder stored, let it thaw?

Ive read to put into aluminum foal and put in ziplock bag. This article says tin foil but tin foil was replaced in 1910 by aluminum foil, from what I understand. https://tripsitter.com/lsd/how-to-store/

I know from previous experience 4-ho-mipt seemed to lose potency in room, for a few years.

Wait, so all is not lost!?

I have 1plsd 3 blotters left wrapped in aluminum foiled, in a ziplock bag, in a container in the freezer. I can thraw it out and its good? My friend ate a blotter like less than a minute, took it out of the freezer,he grabbed it and put it under tounge, surprised me bc I thought he would wait untill he was home. Further, he drove home, immediately from my house (a short five minute drive) waited 15 or so minutes, chewed it up with his teeth and swallowed. texted me two and a half hours later said , nothing. Does it

has to thaw out first, as in at least a day, half a day, to be safe?

same with 4-aco-dmt powder, let it thaw out before using it?

same with any powder stored, let it thaw?

You need to let the tabs /pills/powder/crystals warm up to room temp because if you do not they will get wet from condensation as you open the bag.

It will not immediately ruin the drug, but the rest of the stash will now be wet which can ruin it over time.

In regards to your friends not feeling any effect, I do not know what happened but I can tell you that I've witnessed people declare they were not high after taking a dose from the same sheet or from the same bag of mushrooms me and others had dosed from and gotten the expected effects.

Some of these people that felt they had no effects were obviously and objectively tripping while some others looked like they were sober.

As soon as you take it out wipe it with dry towel and throw in closed box with desiccant. Leave it some time and than open ziplock and put foil with acid and dessicant.
If you have put it in multiple zip locks, sealed good it might not be that bad but you know how groceries if not sealed really good get freezer smell, even when it seems it's sealed pretty good, so anything side vacuum seal, inert or hermetical. Every time you open and close freezer as Phobos said it gets coated in tin layer of ice and even inside bag there's destined to be some if it's not vacuum sealed or inert atmosphere.
There isn't a lot of that I would store in freezer if I don't plan to store it for many years. And than it's best to prepare it in increments you plan to take out, even if you follow right procedure so your whole stash doesn't go trough big temperature fluctuations.

@SpiralusSancti Ah yes, now that you mention it, if you can't vacuum at least squeeze all the air out by putting the zip lock closed almost all the way in between your palms and squeeze them together.

That should also close the zip lock if you position it so that the last part of the squeezing motion presses on the seal.

You need to let the tabs /pills/powder/crystals warm up to room temp because if you do not they will get wet from condensation as you open the bag.

It will not immediately ruin the drug, but the rest of the stash will now be wet which can ruin it over time.

In regards to your friends not feeling any effect, I do not know what happened but I can tell you that I've witnessed people declare they were not high after taking a dose from the same sheet or from the same bag of mushrooms me and others had dosed from and gotten the expected effects.

Some of these people that felt they had no effects were obviously and objectively tripping while some others looked like they were sober.

Both powder and blotter are stored in smaller ziplock bags with a large dissicant in it, and that is sealed in a bigger ziplock bag.

Do you know if the frozen blotter would have worked as well as if it wasn't frozen or thawed?

As soon as you take it out wipe it with dry towel and throw in closed box with desiccant. Leave it some time and than open ziplock and put foil with acid and dessicant.
If you have put it in multiple zip locks, sealed good it might not be that bad but you know how groceries if not sealed really good get freezer smell, even when it seems it's sealed pretty good, so anything side vacuum seal, inert or hermetical. Every time you open and close freezer as Phobos said it gets coated in tin layer of ice and even inside bag there's destined to be some if it's not vacuum sealed or inert atmosphere.
There isn't a lot of that I would store in freezer if I don't plan to store it for many years. And than it's best to prepare it in increments you plan to take out, even if you follow right procedure so your whole stash doesn't go trough big temperature fluctuations.
Okay so take whatever using at the time, blotter or powder out, measure out powder dose, put powder in a capsule? or take a blotter out , that going to use and put the rest back in freezer?

Then put it in a box or container with a dissicant, and let it thaw for say a few hours or a day to be safe?

Last edited:
Sorry, already answered but didn't see this. Yes put blotters wrapped in aluminum foil in a ziplock bag with a dissicant, along with powder ,in a bag, then put it in another ziplock bag.

If that's confusing powder is already in a bag , put this with blotters in aluminum foil , dissicant, in a ziplock bag, then put that ziplock bag inside another ziplock bag .

Okay so take whatever using at the time, blotter or powder out, measure out powder dose, put powder in a capsule? or take a blotter out , that going to use and put the rest back in freezer?

Then put it in a box or container with a dissicant, and let it thaw for say a few hours or a day to be safe?
If you are going put it back to freezer I recommend getting vacuum sealer or container that seals really good.

With 4-aco-DMT I would take it out, put it in the box with desiccant after wiping it with dry towel, leave it half an hour or so. Than I would take out powder and put it beside desiccant on glass or ceramic plate. Doing same with tabs. It's probably an overkill but to keep your stash as dry as possible is more important than keeping it below room temperature, at least for majority of drugs.
There are psychoactive substances that need to be stored very cold and rapidly degrade at room temperature but that's none of common recreational drugs.

Sorry, already answered but didn't see this. Yes put blotters wrapped in aluminum foil in a ziplock bag with a dissicant, along with powder ,in a bag, then put it in another ziplock bag.

If that's confusing powder is already in a bag , put this with blotters in aluminum foil , dissicant, in a ziplock bag, then put that ziplock bag inside another ziplock bag .
That sounds fine.

One time I did that in a cabin and the thing defrosted itself with them in there beautiful Adirondack trips

Still active surprisingly who knows what happened

Learned my lesson and while our freezer now does not have anything to defrost it doesn’t do that I thought about moisture last time and put the foiled tabs in a sealed container not sure if I bagged them inside but it was not long-term probably would go with airtight glass something not plastic Tupperware

I never kept empathogens in there not sure why I didn’t think to probably only had a short-term stash but then the thought never crossed my mind to like it did with blotter anyways there must be some benefit

I used to store blotter behind the bottom drawer of the fridge so it had to be pulled all the way out to get to it also powders cannot remember which RCs perhaps not sure why I was ok with just that and didn’t think to freeze best to use a tweezer to handle out of the freezer phresh

Last edited: