• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Any antidepressant dissociatives? (Besides ketamine)

Everlasting Reign

Bluelighter
Are there any other dissociatives besides ketamine that have similar effect against recalcitrant depression, that which is described by some as fast-acting and persistent in duration of effect? I know much of the info is gonna be anecdotal since even ketamine is a bit of a hot potato when it comes to pharmaceutical research. If something with broader availability like ephenidine, diphenidine, or whatever, had similarly profound depression-fighting properties as ketamine it would be quite good.

Well, you could maybe better ask, which does not? But which one is really good as a medicine is a big question.

I know N₂O is investigated for use in a similar manner as K. It’s tested as 1h exposure, every 2 weeks for a rapid and lasting antidepressant effects.

DXM which is now approved under the trade name auvelity as a combo with bupropion but you don't need the latter to get rapid antidepressant effects.

I think many dissociatives will work, including good old methoxetamine. Never tested it because I don't get lasting AD effects from ketamine either, I'm kind of a non responder, but DXM provided me a beautiful mood lift for several days.

Interesting that even n2o works!

Try NPDPA. It's very similar to K if SNORTED. For some idiot reason, people think that the diphenidine class of NMDA antagonist/DRI agents should be swallowed, which is just wrong. It's around the sample potency & effect as deschloroketamine.

Memantine is a fantastic antidepressant, and has such a long duration of action that you could use either modest dose of 40-50mgs twice a week. Or just low dose like 10mgs everyday and let it slowly build up in your system. It doesnt really impair your motorskills much or is very powerfully mentally so its pretty good for this purpose.

But like others said in the thread any dissociative IME had great benefits as antidepressant for me personally. Right now i have been using FXE every two weeks in substantial amounts (hole dosage) and the days after i feel on top on the world. And i really dont notice any issues from my bipolar at all anymore. That being said i have also been in a good state of mind the past couple years to begin with.

But in periods of severe depression Dissociatives and Psychedelics have pulled me out of it everytime. In particular 4-AcO-DMT and Psilocybin have an incredible ability to relieve symptoms that day for me and it lasts for weeks, i truly believe in better living thru chemistry.