• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Any advice or encouragement?

Toomanyzoos

Greenlighter
I'm currently 41 years old. Since I was young I struggled with severe depression and anxiety. Thankfully I found a medication, an SNRI, that dramatically helped my depression. In my early 20s I developed opiate and benzo addiction. I've been taking Suboxone for about 17 years and it helped the opiate addiction tremendously, even though some would argue that it's replacing one opiate with another. Unfortunately from getting into trouble and arguing with my parents on xanax, my dad and my old primary doctor not only called my insurance company but also put an asterisk in my medical file to flag me from ever being prescribed benzos.The thing is that I do well with long acting benzos like Klonopin. I'm basically asking if anyone has any options or encouragement on how I can get back on a benzodiazepine regiment. Right now I have major agoraphobia and having constant heart and muscle palpitations.
PS: I've seen two psychiatrists in the last month who both refused to prescribe me any benzodiazepine. My nerves and anxiety are noticably getting worse and the one type of medication that helps me seems out of the question. Now I'm resorting to buying benzos off the street. I shouldn't have a life long ban on critical medication. Thank you for reading. Any advice?

Last edited:
Now I'm resorting to buying benzos off the street.
That we all know is dangerous at best.
I shouldn't have a life long ban on critical medication.
Depending on what county you may or not be located there may be legal alternatives depending on what ones actual needs/expectations of said products.
Ummm... has the root of these anxious trends been addressed?
Just know you aren't alone but no we cannot offer information on how to get drugs from doctors. If my memory serves me, still.
Welcome to BL.
Hope we can work together and get through this crisis. :)
Peace

I'm currently 41 years old. Since I was young I struggled with severe depression and anxiety. Thankfully I found a medication, an SNRI, that dramatically helped my depression. In my early 20s I developed opiate and benzo addiction. I've been taking Suboxone for about 17 years and it helped the opiate addiction tremendously, even though some would argue that it's replacing one opiate with another. Unfortunately from getting into trouble and arguing with my parents on xanax, my dad and my old primary doctor not only called my insurance company but also put an asterisk in my medical file to flag me from ever being prescribed benzos.The thing is that I do well with long acting benzos like Klonopin. I'm basically asking if anyone has any options or encouragement on how I can get back on a benzodiazepine regiment. Right now I have major agoraphobia and having constant heart and muscle palpitations.
PS: I've seen two psychiatrists in the last month who both refused to prescribe me any benzodiazepine. My nerves and anxiety are noticably getting worse and the one type of medication that helps me seems out of the question. Now I'm resorting to buying benzos off the street. I shouldn't have a life long ban on critical medication. Thank you for reading. Any advice?
Well for one you're going to have to wean yourself off of the benzodiazepines you're getting off the street. If you can convince a doctor to prescribe it again. I guarantee you they are going to pee test you before they do.

If you pee dirty with benzos, they're not going to believe you and they're going to not prescribe them.

If I were the OP this is what I would do. Go see a doctor and speak from the heart. That asterisk next to the name will be a problem. But if you explain you are buying off the street then you make get something. I had a compassionate doctor in Long Beach CA years ago. A few times I saw him and would say I don't want to go to the streets and he give me something like percs or tylenol 4 and some halcion.

This will not be easy, but never underestimate how effective speaking from the heart is. Sort of like the original post. Lay it out the same way. Buying from the street is not good. Any doctor that prescribes can put an asterisk too on that point, because then the doc may be saving a life. But I imagine it would only be for taper but you may get a better handle on it.

Thank you to all who replied. I hate living in constant fear. My anxiety doesn't come from childhood trauma. At least then I would be able to work on the core. Unfortunately since I was around 7 I knew something was way off with the chemical structure or balance in my brain. I was in tears when I saw the last psychiatrist. I told her everything. But just like the dozen other medical professionals she wouldn't budge. I'm old enough now to where I have no patience for bullshit but the fear of losing their license seems to take precedent over a legitimate crisis. God bless every one of you.

We can't really help you get a prescription in any way. That's not what we're about at all, but I never fault people for making the mistake. We are a community of drug users and drug users make connections as part of their day to day. We only are here to provide information for the safest possible use of drugs. With that being said, I'm going to close this thread.

There are other options out there. If I were you, I would try my best to accept that a Benzodiazepine prescription is not going to be arealistic thing going forward. Benzodiazepines are really not meant to be used for longer than 2-4 weeks at most in the treatment of anxiety. If you have say, Panic Disorder that might look different, but that would be a continual Benzodiazepine prescription for 3-4 pills per month, only to be used for treating panic.

I know they really seem like the solution, but they are very rarely the true solution for anxiety. They often just make it worse. The best circumstances would mean taking a carefully measured and controlled dosage. If you're buying off the street, you're never going to have that stability. You could order Benzodiazepines from the internet, sure, but pretty much every one I know who likes Benzodiazepines like you orders them and it only causes them a ton of trouble when they lose control.

Gabapentinoids are worth checking out if you haven't already. If you want to make a different thread with a different objective, that's no problem, but this one is closed.