any advice on thursday ,not legal advice just well advice

after but i was only there 2 days as i wasnt getting sick anymore ..and left ...they kept trying to get me to take subutex etc even though i was ok ,and they said i was doing fine

i went ahead and tried to get back in one close to home ,only one insurance would pay for was in dc and that was a lil uncomfy to say the least

and the doctor at kaiser said he didnt hink i needed detox r rehab and i did VERY well detoxing off methadone by myself

welp ...officer didnt show up so felony wasnt tried

but they went all out on dwi vasap ,unsuprivised probation-24moths ,and 12 month suspended licsense

what the hell do i need to do for restricted licsense ....?

think id rather have had probation and kept licsense...

welp ...officer didnt show up so felony wasnt tried

but they went all out on dwi vasap ,unsuprivised probation-24moths ,and 12 month suspended licsense

what the hell do i need to do for restricted licsense ....?

think id rather have had probation and kept licsense...

So the felony possession charge was dropped? In the majority of jurisdictions, a DUI conviction comes with a suspended license, there's no way around that.

i thought dwi was less of a charge??...i mean when i got there he said dwi is just a fine for first offense

then when they werent processing the felony it jumos up to all that ,and to a DUI instead of dwi?

i thought dwi was less of a charge??...i mean when i got there he said dwi is just a fine for first offense

then when they werent processing the felony it jumos up to all that ,and to a DUI instead of dwi?

I don't think there is a single state that will let you keep your license after a dui

I'm in Georgia and they suspend your license here for any *posession* charge, even if you are no where near a car

You got real lucky they dropped the felony and you only got a suspended license, this really couldn't of gone better for you. Contact the probation department about how to get privileges to drive to work or school.

I don't think there is a single state that will let you keep your license after a dui

I'm in Georgia and they suspend your license here for any *posession* charge, even if you are no where near a car

You got real lucky they dropped the felony and you only got a suspended license, this really couldn't of gone better for you. Contact the probation department about how to get privileges to drive to work or school.

Agreed.

im not saying imnot happy with it ,its not probation where i have to piss for somone everymoth,but where i have to stay out of trouble for 24m

im just saying i thout dWi was a lesser charg from dUi and they kept saying stay away from alcohol when i wasnt on alcohol but didnt say anything about it ...after vasap im gonna try forrestricted permit

i had a dui when i was 17 ,court took licsense for 12 months but dmv let me get them back after 6 he didnt want to gve me restricted after reading about the dui when i was 17 and lawyer thought i was gonna get more consequences cuz the judge just kept talking so i said i didnt want it

In states where they are not interchangeable, DUI is a lesser charge. So having your DWI reduced to a DUI was a good thing. You were under the influence of a drug? Sometimes cops will call this DWI because they see drugs are more evil than alcohol (though DWI does not have to include a drug).

You should be able to get restricted driving rights to work and/or school within a month or two. And probation has been known to be terminated early if you do everything perfect. Sometimes. In some places. If you are lucky.

Just use this as a learning experience. You either need to quit breaking the law or quit being so reckless so that you are caught. Typically what happens is that the more careful you try and be, the more work it is to regularly break the law, the less you end up doing it, and at the end of the day that's still a better result for society.

dui law

In states where they are not interchangeable, DUI charge is a lesser charge. So having your DWI reduced to a DUI was a good thing. You were under the influence of a drug? Sometimes cops will call this DWI because they see drugs are more evil than alcohol (though DWI does not have to include a drug).

You should be able to get restricted driving rights to work and/or school within a month or two. And probation has been known to be terminated early if you do everything perfect. Sometimes. In some places. If you are lucky.

Just use this as a learning experience. You either need to quit breaking the law or quit being so reckless so that you are caught. Typically what happens is that the more careful you try and be, the more work it is to regularly break the law, the less you end up doing it, and at the end of the day that's still a better result for society.

HI
In my opinion all type of intoxicated are comes in the probation of DUI law.There is not a major difference between DWI and DUI laws.
The main difference between a DUI and a DWI boils down to the age of the driver. Under Texas law, a person operating a vehicle who is 21 years of age or older and who is legally intoxicated (has a .08 blood or breath alcohol concentration or is impaired by drugs) can be charged with a DWI.